Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His narrow build up from the back seems fundamentally flawed. Too often a defender is alone and looking for a pass, and the FBs are narrow, in the shadow of the opposition forwards, and so we have to watch Vicario standing around with one foot resting on the ball.

He tried a double pivot today, and that didn't really work either in buildup (though it seemed to work great for pressing and regaining possession), cos the FBs were going narrow.

We are crying out for width up and down the length of the pitch. We are quite good at tippy tappy football now so it works, but it's like we're making extra work for ourselves and then using technical skill to overcome it, to gain very little.

The FBs can surely drop narrower in the second phase of buildup, and still have the effect Ange wants.
100%. Said this so many times. The FBs are hidden behind the oppo midfield. The only out ball the CBs have is to the wide forward around half way line. Who bcos they are on their weaker foot always have back to goal and just about manage to pass ball back to whence it came. How many times in last games Gil gets the ball around half way line with defender right up his arse and has to go back. The FBs should bd there to receive the ball from CBs. It’s amazing no one from Ange to coaching team see this!

Newcastle is going to be so so tough on Sunday, particularly in light of their result tonight.
Then Forest away on Friday night is far from a gimme.

All of a sudden you could be looking at where is the next win going to come from, and then you’ll have the usuals coming out with the barbed comments towards another manager, barbed comments they will never dare say against the real problem at this club.
Forest have lost 4 on the bounce and just got thrashed by Fulham. So yeah we should really be scared of them, not! However as it’s spurs ofc we will shit the bed and make them look great. Same as Villa whose away record is not good and spam who are generally shite.

Forest have lost 4 on the bounce and just got thrashed by Fulham. So yeah we should really be scared of them, not! However as it’s spurs ofc we will shit the bed and make them look great. Same as Villa whose away record is not good and spam who are generally shite.
Copper will probably be sacked by then and a new manager bounce will hit us in the face.

Very frustrating defeat, I thought West Ham were absolutely shite for the majority of that match. We need to get better at killing off games, in the last 5 games we've gone 1-0 up and not been decisive enough in key moments.

West Ham got a very fortunate equaliser which gave them some momentum and then obviously Udogie mistake.

In general the style of play and performances are pretty good, even in the defeats we've had recently.

The reality is that things are going to take time. There are really good signs and fans just need to have patience. Anyone even thinking of booing on Sunday needs banning from the stadium.

With the start to the season we had, I'm not really surprised we're going through the run we are, especially with so many injuries/suspensions etc.
a bit to reminisent of beilsa’s leeds

Sorry to disappoint you Mick but I'm an adult.
You really shouldn't be trying to talk to 12 year olds on the internet
Sorry to disappoint you, but I couldn't be more disinterested in you if I tried.
Pretty sure I'd get a better level of discussion out of a twelve year old on a public forum - but I bow to your superior knowledge of grooming children, mine is limited to plaiting my daughters hair.

Not sure why tbh. Ok his done a few good tho gs but no where near enough for the price and a relatively experience Champo / EPL player. Also exactly what real skill set does he bring. He hardly ever takes on his man. Not exactly great passer. Shoot is weak and doesn’t really press or get back to help. Needs to do a lot more!
Come on man he's 22 and just moved away from a club where he's been at all his life. He's played what 4 times and had an injury...45m for a young homegrown talent is not that much. Still very early days and he has a lot of potential.

Come on man he's 22 and just moved away from a club where he's been at all his life. He's played what 4 times and had an injury...45m for a young homegrown talent is not that much. Still very early days and he has a lot of potential.
He may still come good, but this transfer still stinks. I just cannot see what motivated the club hierarchy and Ange to want him enough to pay so much for him.

There's no statistical measure he stands out in, except maybe being fast. There's nothing you can point to from watching him play or his highlight reels and say "yeah, the stats are misleading but he's actually really good".

You can see that players like Gil or Richarlison are statistically poor or not pleasing on the eye but you can say "look how agile and tricky he is, if he can get some end product he could be a success", or "yeah he's a bit clunky but look at his work rate, and he's done in the PL for a long time so it's less likely to be a fluke".

I must not have been watching properly, did the ball actually come off the referee and fall perfectly into the path of their onrushing striker for their first goal? Did he quietly whisper in Udogie's ear "give them a goal or I'll tell them all you touched me"?
I'd say a good % of people on here have acknowledged refs seem to be trying to "balance the books" since the Liverpool game, but to blame results on referees is to go looking for excuses. Fuck me it was only this Sunday just gone the referee fucked a City move by pulling the game back for an advantage. Every team is getting fucked up refs this season, not just us. Our results are in spite of that, not because of that.
Constant moaning about refs is taking away from the real issues.

The Maddison, Van de Ven, Bentancur, Perisic, Solomon, Sessegnon, Phillips half!
Sess has been unavailable all season same as bent virtually. On our 10 game unbeaten start didn’t seem to make diff. I believe Perri and Solomon got injured just after a few games into the season yet we continued the good start. Phillips has never played and only got injured after last international break. Only. 2 players who played all first 11 games MADDs and VDV are missing.

Richarlison missed an absolute sitter yesterday but has a head like a 50 pence piece. Not Ange's fault if you cant score those, he has scored 2 goals in about 40 games.

We just scored 3 away at the treble winners in case you didnt notice. We have scored for something like 27 consecutive games as well.
Yes but we’ve also let in 2/3/4 goals in last 5 and not won any. So what is your point? You cite just the one header for Richie. Is that all you are gonna highlight from all our pocession. You could say Villa missed to gilt edge header chances the other week before we even scored.

He said after the game he wasn’t happy and said we lacked bravery and conviction in the final third. He’s not deluded like Rodger’s or Conte

He’s been completely stitched up by Levy anyway who sold the best striker in the world and replaced him with a skinny waif from Notts Forest, and some random free transfer called Solomon. Bald cunt has shit in our bed again, frugal fuck - one step forward and one step back as always
I get that and totally agree however Ange wanted BJ instead of a striker. I’m sure for £50M we could have got a half decent striker. Are Bj and kulu gonna chip in with say mane / salah goal contributions?

The tactics do t really help as we don’t shoot, cross or get wide to by line.

How can you honestly come up with that after watching the game, it really does leave me stumped
But how many of them shots were either on target or actually warrant being called good attempts? Some powder puff attempts by BJ does not cut the mustard.

Back
Top Bottom