Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Westham flying high atm playing some superb stuff no shame losing to these world beaters right now. Moyes' style is just something else, eh. Can't do much about it tbh.
I used to play pub football for the White Swan, we had two decent and quick forwards and everyone else was a fat bastard, we sat deep every game and hoofed percentage passes into the channels for them to chase.

This is basically what West Ham did last night and it got the better of Angeball.

Fair fucks to them but I wouldn't want to watch it every week

I'd still take this team and manager over what we've seen for the last 4 years. Easily a better watch. At least there's more than a couple of glimmers of excitement in each game.

I've written this season off in my head. Just enjoying the football as a spectacle. I even like the risky playing short passes in our own box stuff. It's different, shows courage and skill.

I'd rather pay to watch us lose a few and win a few playing like this than how we did under Conte and Jose and Nuno.

I used to play pub football for the White Swan, we had two decent and quick forwards and everyone else was a fat bastard, we sat deep every game and hoofed percentage passes into the channels for them to chase.

This is basically what West Ham did last night and it got the better of Angeball.

Fair fucks to them but I wouldn't want to watch it every week
I guess it's just the sheer frustration that in this day and age, of the modern game. shit football still works, and can always get the better of a more free flowing, courageous, attacking style!

Same as the glaring sense of injustice, that a set of fans who still sing "I'd rather be a Paki than a Jew, and I've got a foreskin, haven't you?" get to enjoy a great night out at the football...

I as once said when I was four It's just not faaaaaaiiiiiiir!!"

Aside from nippy counters; exactly what kind of chances are we meant to be creating?

All the ange-ball experts that professed to have watched loads of Celtic and the J-League; what kind of chances should be our bread and butter?
Agree with you it’s not like we are missing sitters or goalies having worldies. We scored from a corner yday and for 90 plus minutes failed to break them down. I hope Ange isn’t burying his head in the sand thinking yes we’ve created lots of good clear chances and missing them. Don’t think we would have scored even if we were playing until tnrw. I think the whole Ange ball is over egged. It’s not like we are then only team that like to attack. We are not even scoring that many goals and now we are on a role of letting in 2 every game.

"We've got our Tottenham back"

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcIC-g9Y3c

Whoop Whoop!!!!

He certainly talks a great game, and is obviously a great motivational speaker... but football is more than soundbites and ethics... there HAS to be a Plan B when things aren't going well... even if it's a 'dark side' to the game... spoil, foul, slow it down, frustrate... do what you have to do to get the win.

No truly successful team only had one aspect to their game... The Man Utd Treble winners, the fucking Arse Invincibles.... all the great Italian teams down the decades... even Brazil in their pomp had players prepared to put tactical fouls in...

I'm thinking we're more like Keegan's Newcastle at the moment... great to watch. but won fuck all due to either naivety, or a lack of a Plan B!

there always has to be shade to the light....

Agree with you it’s not like we are missing sitters or goalies having worldies. We scored from a corner yday and for 90 plus minutes failed to break them down. I hope Ange isn’t burying his head in the sand thinking yes we’ve created lots of good clear chances and missing them. Don’t think we would have scored even if we were playing until tnrw. I think the whole Ange ball is over egged. It’s not like we are then only team that like to attack. We are not even scoring that many goals and now we are on a role of letting in 2 every game.
Richarlison missed an absolute sitter yesterday but has a head like a 50 pence piece. Not Ange's fault if you cant score those, he has scored 2 goals in about 40 games.

We just scored 3 away at the treble winners in case you didnt notice. We have scored for something like 27 consecutive games as well.

He said after the game he wasn’t happy and said we lacked bravery and conviction in the final third. He’s not deluded like Rodger’s or Conte

He’s been completely stitched up by Levy anyway who sold the best striker in the world and replaced him with a skinny waif from Notts Forest, and some random free transfer called Solomon. Bald cunt has shit in our bed again, frugal fuck - one step forward and one step back as always

Back
Top Bottom