Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That game was painful. What’s so frustrating is that even with our injuries we still are up in these games and can’t see them out. The last 4 games are like Groundhog Day for fucks sake. We need to put more balls in the box from the wings. Porro seemed to be the only one doing that and it created the most chances in the last 15 minute.

We start these games flying out the gate. Reality is if we can’t put 2 or 3 away in the first 30 min we run out of gas second half like clockwork. That’s partially down to our squad depth. Still, having something like 70 percent of possession in the first half and only being up 1-0 up is unacceptable. We are wayyyy to predictable right now. I’m a patient fan but these games are really annoying at the moment.

We gifted them that game. West Ham were shit.
No wins in five, one point out of 15, 8 goals conceded at home in consecutive games is not acceptable injuries or not.
It's unfortunately turning into, the classic Tottenham shit show, predictable and embarrassing.

True but we are missing just two players. Everyone raves about kulu centrally and Gio seems to have played well so that more than makes up for MADDs. Micky I don’t think makes too much diff tonight as spam just sat back. Not saying they wouldn’t have helped but common we have a so called £60M striker on the bench and £50M winger we just bought. Surely should have enough to beat spam at home. The tactics do t really help as we don’t shoot, cross or get wide to by line.
Truly the hottest pile of take ever expressed online

That's where Angeball is supposed to come in. We pass the ball slowly, followed by tame shots. Same as that weird stunt with do with Vicario standing on the ball with just Romero and Davies to pass to and the CBs in turn only having real passing options through the middle.

We make like 50 passes between CBs and keeper before we manage to move up the pitch.
Glad someone else has said that! I’ve said it so many times this season even when cuti and mvv were playing. West Ham could prbly go the ironing whilst we play the ball betw goals and 2 CBs. That is time wasting in it self.

Disappointed by the second half performance and the result.
We need a striker, simple as that and that's on Levy as per usual.
First half we were on fire but lacked the goal threat, Son , Kulusevski and Johnson in particular were tame.
However, we gifted the two goals and that is unacceptable.

No wins in five, one point out of 15, 8 goals conceded at home in consecutive games is not acceptable injuries or not.
It's unfortunately turning into, the classic Tottenham shit show, predictable and embarrassing.
How about some context?

We are in a bad spell, not helped by injuries and bad luck, but as a work in progress we're doing fine..

A few days ago we picked up a point at Ethiad, after fought back twice, and we've never done better against the top 6 than under Ange.

Have some patience!

Making any sort of attempt to replace our all time top scorer would be a good place to start.

Our forward options are exactly the same as last season except Kane out and Johnson in.

And we're reaping the dividends of that piece of business .
Who wanted Johnson? Instead of looking for a striker we went for a predominantly counter attacking footballer.

Come on kulu has been doing that all season?
He's capable of playing much better - the Citeh game he was excellent and that should be his level each week. Brennan too was a shadow of how he played versus Citeh. That's why I think complacency was/is a factor, for virtually the entire team. I agree it's frustrating because we know he can produce better and has done. It doesn't help that the Spammers play rope a dope tactics either - almost lulled us into a false sense of security when the game was nowhere near won. Moyes is an embarassment. Makes Mourinho, Conte look like footballing visionaries!

He's capable of playing much better - the Citeh game he was excellent and that should be his level each week. Brennan too was a shadow of how he played versus Citeh. That's why I think complacency was/is a factor, for virtually the entire team. I agree it's frustrating because we know he can produce better and has done. It doesn't help that the Spammers play rope a dope tactics either - almost lulled us into a false sense of security when the game was nowhere near won. Moyes is an embarassment. Makes Mourinho, Conte look like footballing visionaries!

Fair assessment I think.
I'm a fan of Kulu, but he was taking not one or two, but like 5 extra touches. He overplayed the game.

When a quick cross was needed he was again cutting back inside and feeding the ball backward or being dispossessed. It was poor.

It was only when the changes were made that we saw some crosses coming in from Porro.

Mad Grumpy Cat GIF by MOODMAN

Every Yid that faces a West Ham mate today

City could and should have buried us in the first half but they didn’t and ultimately paid the price.

We should have learnt from their mistake and buried our game against Westham in the first half.

Back
Top Bottom