Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We shouldn't have lost any of the last five aside from city and that was the one that we didn't lose. All from leading positions. The forwards need to be better, or moved on. Blowing tap ins and 1v1s consistently this season. The defence is a different issue but it's the lack of finishing which is putting pressure on us. Games should be over 20-30 mins in but they're just not
Excellent post sir, spot on.

Today a lot of the ball but not a lot of actual threat to oppo goal though

Is he really a £50M player. Said it many times not sure why we went all in for him. Only competition was Brentford as far as I know.
I felt 35m & if they say no then keep an eye on him & see how he develops. Not much of a ceiling for him at 50m.

Oh come on

Sarr and Richarlison are only just coming back from injury

Bentancur - injured
Maddison - Injured
Solomon - injured
Van Der Ven - injured
Perisic - Injured
Sessegnon - injured

Let's not make shit up that we're not suffering from injuries.

Of course we are and any team losing so many players like that would be affected

Swa
At least he is crossing... Kulu doing almost feck when it comes to that.

His lack of use with his right foot is huge problem. That is why Kulu is better off in midfield.
Swap the fuckers round! Why doesn’t Ange try that? We watch game after game kulu turning back, slowing the play and not crossing with either his right foot or left. Must be so easy to play against. Surely we need to try different tactics rather than do the same thing over and over again.

Do you think if we lose at home again on Sunday, the boo boys won't be out?
If we lose to a Newcastle side who were just outclassed by a piss poor Everton side tonight, then I genuinely don't know where we go from here....

This moment was supposed to be THE turning point... The line under the sand.... The season everything changed, and started to work out....

Lads, it's Spurs. Accept our fate ... It ain't gonna happen...

We had the BEST squad in a generation a few years back, and STILL couldn't get a trophy over the line.... It ain't gonna happen any time soon...

We just gotta be PATIENT (again) AND TRUST THE PROCESS (again) ...well, personally, I'm getting to an age where I feel I'm running out of time for all that waiting shit....

Are we IN or are we OUT...?

I'm still waiting....

Ange, mate, I've got faith....
Blind faith...

But blind faith only gets you so far....

After that it's just forlorn, naive hope, and then it's acceptance of your inevitable fate....

Trust in Fate!

We have to lower expectations. After 2 or 3 games, some were talking about winning the EPL. Kulu was never consistently

Too many injuries, we could've easily just played perisic, Solomon, over kulu or Johnson but we are forced to persist with players who are bang out of form.
Like bissouma, forced to stick with him because bentancur is out.

Can't rotate destiny because sessegnon is on a 2 year sabbatical

I'm angry how we've collapsed but I've seen enough to see we'll be quite a strong competitive team with injury returns and some transfers in

i dont get most of the people.
- does it suck to lose 2 these cunts yes
but we all know it gonna be rough till we get new players on some main position
+ if we would be second or third in the league why would levy buy new players

fuck west ham

Been doing it all season, managed to score just 1 against fucking Luton despite creating most chances in the first 10 mins than most teams create entire games.

This front three is dragging us into the depths, we need to cut them loose. Except Son.
Love the bloke to death but Son was absolutely anonymous today

He still ain't a 9 to me

I think he’s quite open and honest about it.

He has a fundamentally Corinthian approach to the game. Putting on a show and playing in the ‘right way’.

ENIC are going to have to both hold their nerve and back him.

We’ll know soon enough in January if he will be backed

I thought it was telling that Cuti kept going forward trying to make things happen up front and got booked for winning a challenge by getting the ball!

If we lose to a Newcastle side who were just outclassed by a piss poor Everton side tonight, then I genuinely don't know where we go from here....

This moment was supposed to be THE turning point... The line under the sand.... The season everything changed, and started to work out....

Lads, it's Spurs. Accept our fate ... It ain't gonna happen...

We had the BEST squad in a generation a few years back, and STILL couldn't get a trophy over the line.... It ain't gonna happen any time soon...

We just gotta be PATIENT (again) AND TRUST THE PROCESS (again) ...well, personally, I'm getting to an age where I feel I'm running out of time for all that waiting shit....

Are we IN or are we OUT...?

I'm still waiting....

Ange, mate, I've got faith....
Blind faith...

But blind faith only gets you so far....

After that it's just forlorn, naive hope, and then it's acceptance of your inevitable fate....

Trust in Fate!

I suspect we will loose to Newcastle, did say after villa in match thread we'll likely loose 6 straight games

We'll recover after that I think, but still be very bumpy.

Need to go back to how we were all thinking at the start of the season, just looking out for green shoots and progress . We all got a bit carried away with out start

Oh come on

Sarr and Richarlison are only just coming back from injury

Bentancur - injured
Maddison - Injured
Solomon - injured
Van Der Ven - injured
Perisic - Injured
Sessegnon - injured

Let's not make shit up that we're not suffering from injuries.
I didn’t say we not suffering from injuries. I am saying it’s normal , it’s a squad game now. Plenty of teams have far more. Which isn’t a shock as it’s a big part of football. 6 is probably pretty normal now unless your Woolwich. Of our 6 missing I’d say 3 start today. They are important but I don’t think the other 3 are heavy in angs plans or confident would have made a difference today.
It’s just different opinions. Some think enic & levy were right to leave ang with 2 suitable CBs . I like others think that’s neglect. Same with one good creative player. That wild solve 2 of the 3 important players massive drop up for starters. I don’t get why you want owners & chairman who give the new manager only 2 suitable CBs. Each to their own.

He’s not going to compromise on the style and I don’t think that’s the issue.

The real problem is we haven’t been clinical enough in front of goal. We’ve seen that in each game.
NO the real.problem is this system only works if you have the right players. We only have 11 so when you bring in Skipp, Gil, etc it all goes to shit.

Back
Top Bottom