Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's simple really.

1. Ange has a 4-year contract and I will be giving him the licence to shape the path forward for the football club in his image, including (hopefully) silverware

Or...

2. If Ange doesn't change his philosophy (i.e. pragmatic some games, more attacking others) to accommodate the current lack of depth or opponent, then I don't support him and want him out of the club.

Choose your own adventure...

We can't keep changing tracks. Emery has come up against 6 Tottenham managers in his career. It's a joke. Long-termism is what breeds stability.

Feel for him but I admire his deep belief that footballing philosophy should never be compromised and I think this moment although painful will prove to be the making of a genuine brand that will be affiliated with us as a club how it should always have been.

We are still 4 or 5 away but we have a young team and one that will only get better, with or without top 4.

He'll be learning a lot about our strengths and our brittle areas and I think a lot of players we target will be interested in joining down to how he sees them slotting in.

This season now becomes a hopeful shot at getting top 4 but those long term injuries have punctured a lung, let's just enjoy what we get to watch and know that this is a long term manager most believe will find the right pieces needed as and when

That little shit Arteta finished 8th twice playing dog-shit football and Ange in less than 1 transfer window, had us playing better football than Arteta managed in 3 years.

And this is while selling our best player for 30 years and still not being backed in the transfer market fully.

It amazes me people aren’t giving him the benefit of any doubt, especially given the injuries we’ve suffered. I swear some people have no fucking idea how hard it is to manage this club in its current state.

If you don’t want Ange then agitate for another manager

It's simple really.

1. Ange has a 4-year contract and I will be giving him the licence to shape the path forward for the football club in his image, including (hopefully) silverware

Or...

2. If Ange doesn't change his philosophy (i.e. pragmatic some games, more attacking others) to accommodate the current lack of depth or opponent, then I don't support him and want him out of the club.

Choose your own adventure...

We can't keep changing tracks. Emery has come up against 6 Tottenham managers in his career. It's a joke. Long-termism is what breeds stability.
Very true. The last thing Spurs need is to continue changing out managers. If nothing else, he'll rebuild the roster and establish an attacking identity. Fans love the guy, so that will help ensure he gets at least three seasons. I don't think we have yet to see the kind of goal scoring his system is intended to produce. Today was the closest I think we've come to seeing the kind of open, free flowing play that will come from it. In the first half, especially, Spurs were creating opportunity from out wide. I think more of that is coming.

Why do you think we could have just chosen to play ugly and gotten the win?
YES most Definitely - especially in the lost to Wolves.

Not because we dont want to play beautiful expansive football. Because we don't have the ballers AND we don't have the numbers. so we nned to conserve and preserve

Cracks are starting to appear. His inexperience at the top level is showing. Partly isnt his fault due to the lack of quality in squad depth. But this dogmatic gung ho approach to every game can only work sometimes. Weve had a few lucky results and now we are suffering the brunt end.

It doesnt help will still dont have a true forward. If it isnt our best starting 11 we are always going to struggle to compete. Ange will learn in time that at this level results matter and sometimes winning games ugly is better than playing pretty football.

Somewhat harsh considering hes been a breath of fresh air and the football is good to watch and weve been hampered by injuries. But it wont take much to see us completely slide into oblivion by January. Thats the unforgiveness and fine line of being Spurs manager
What an awful take! Did you see city get rid of Pep when he didn’t win everything in his first season? Or Liverpool when it took Klopp years and years to get anywhere, or arteta who has played crap football for 4 years and spent £500m. All have something in common, they keep to the plan and don’t deviate! Don’t change to suit a certain team, make them change their plans to try and counter what you’re good at!

That little shit Arteta finished 8th twice playing dog-shit football and Ange in less than 1 transfer window, had us playing better football than Arteta managed in 3 years.

And this is while selling our best player for 30 years and still not being backed in the transfer market fully.

It amazes me people aren’t giving him the benefit of any doubt, especially given the injuries we’ve suffered. I swear some people have no fucking idea how hard it is to manage this club in its current state.

Indeed.

View: https://twitter.com/hbrooks_coach/status/1728790896450101345

YES most Definitely - especially in the lost to Wolves.

Not because we dont want to play beautiful expansive football. Because we don't have the ballers AND we don't have the numbers. so we nned to conserve and preserve
We played ugly against wolves.

We created just about nothing after the goal and tried to protect a 1-0 lead and floundered in extra time.

Im all in with Ange however,

It was dogmatism with defensive football that led to the demise of Mourinho

It was dogmatism with that 3 at the back bullshit that led to the demise of Conte

Do we need more dogmatism? What made the likes of Redknapp and Pochettino successful was that they played to the teams strengths, were flexible in their ideology and didnt try to shoehorn square pegs into round holes.

Im all in with Ange however,

It was dogmatism with defensive football that led to the demise of Mourinho

It was dogmatism with that 3 at the back bullshit that led to the demise of Conte

Do we need more dogmatism? What made the likes of Redknapp and Pochettino successful was that they played to the teams strengths, were flexible in their ideology and didnt try to shoehorn square pegs into round holes.

One would imagine the square pegs in round holes is a direct result of a failure to turn the squad over in successive transfer windows.

Give Ange 3-4 windows to build HIS squad and it no longer is unfit for purpose.

I cant imagine anyone watching this and not seeing the progress being made.

Yes it could get nasty in the short term but buy in for the long term project is a must.

The thing is we know when the quality is on the field that "Ange ball" clearly works, get the stars back, work the next few transfer windows (striker, another cb/depth etc) and it will all come together.

The progress is ridiculous! We had the majority of starting 11 not out today and should have beaten a too 4 side by 4 or 5! Now let’s imagine a couple of transfer windows and our main guys back! Think we will be pushing any team in the league baring city

Sincerely hope it's not 3 to 4 transfer windows but moving on from some of those blokes who are taking a lot of money for doing sweet fuck all seems to be harder than it should be

Back
Top Bottom