Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What could he have done differently today?

Kept Son onside? Headed one in himself?
I'm just saying, in general. For instance I think he was naive in managing the Wolves game and we should have adapted but I'm not levying great criticism here or anything.

Just in general, if the manager makes mistakes, past present or future, we should be allowed to criticize him, even if we support him on the whole.

I'm just saying, in general. For instance I think he was naive in managing the Wolves game and we should have adapted but I'm not levying great criticism here or anything.

Just in general, if the manager makes mistakes, past present or future, we should be allowed to criticize him, even if we support him on the whole.

Thats fine but the Wolves game was three weeks ago.

I don't really think he could be criticised for anything today. Perhaps bar the Skipp sub which was odd to me. Should've been Donley. Keep the creativity and also buzz from the crowd for seeing one of our own.

He already got criticised for the Wolves match though?

Cracks are starting to appear. His inexperience at the top level is showing. Partly isnt his fault due to the lack of quality in squad depth. But this dogmatic gung ho approach to every game can only work sometimes. Weve had a few lucky results and now we are suffering the brunt end.

It doesnt help will still dont have a true forward. If it isnt our best starting 11 we are always going to struggle to compete. Ange will learn in time that at this level results matter and sometimes winning games ugly is better than playing pretty football.

Somewhat harsh considering hes been a breath of fresh air and the football is good to watch and weve been hampered by injuries. But it wont take much to see us completely slide into oblivion by January. Thats the unforgiveness and fine line of being Spurs manager

Cracks are starting to appear. His inexperience at the top level is showing. Partly isnt his fault due to the lack of quality in squad depth. But this dogmatic gung ho approach to every game can only work sometimes. Weve had a few lucky results and now we are suffering the brunt end.

It doesnt help will still dont have a true forward. If it isnt our best starting 11 we are always going to struggle to compete. Ange will learn in time that at this level results matter and sometimes winning games ugly is better than playing pretty football.
This garbage. We should have put four goals into the net by half time. Other than the result we had a great game.

/// Ange will learn in time that at this level results matter and sometimes winning games ugly is better than playing pretty football. ////

No he won't ..he wants to win 3-2 beautifully rather than squeeze an ugly1-0

//// We should have put four goals into the net by half time ../

we should/could hv done that in the last 3 games - but we didn't
even in some of the earlier games when we won - we have had wasted chances,

/// Ange will learn in time that at this level results matter and sometimes winning games ugly is better than playing pretty football. ////

we don’t want ugly football where we’re protecting a one goal lead. We just got out of that shitful style of play. Ange needs better finishers. He needs more depth on the bench.

Why do you think we could have just chosen to play ugly and gotten the win?

Not arsed to read folk criticising him today. Given the circumstances, with all the players missing and Bentancur going off, that was a fucking unreal performance. We genuinely should have scored 5 goals easy. Just gutted on so many levels.

Really hope the fans stick with him because it's going to get harder over the next few weeks.

Did you criticise him when we were unbeaten?

This garbage. We should have put four goals into the net by half time. Other than the result we had a great game.
Shoulda woulda coulda. If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. I already said in previous post we dont have a true finisher so thanks for agreeing with me.

Man city and Newcastle next. Lose to these and its 5 losses on the trot.

Shoulda woulda coulda. If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. I already said in previous post we dont have a true finisher so thanks for agreeing with me.

Man city and Newcastle next. Lose to these and its 5 losses on the trot.
This is the garbage: Cracks are starting to appear. His inexperience at the top level is showing.

Finishers are a list and depth problem.

Not arsed to read folk criticising him today. Given the circumstances, with all the players missing and Bentancur going off, that was a fucking unreal performance. We genuinely should have scored 5 goals easy. Just gutted on so many levels.

Really hope the fans stick with him because it's going to get harder over the next few weeks.

100%.

Neither Klopp or Guardiola, nor any of the so called better and more established hands could do fcuk all with the hand we are being given.

We all just need to sit tight and fasten our seat belts.

The 6 games starting Chelsea were always going to be difficult, even with a full squad.

What do people not understand about Ange changing the attitude of the team?

"He should play defensively and hold out the lead" STFU when has playing defensively late in a match worked for us in recent years? It doesn't. Changing tactics that are working because you're scared of conceding is a coward move. Much like Jose and Conte tried.

We are in a bad stretch because of injuries, suspensions and players like Son not knowing how to stay onside or Kulu and Johnson not knowing how to finish easy chances.

Ange needs to stick with the style we are playing and once players return and he has a few windows to build the squad. We will be dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom