Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One would imagine the square pegs in round holes is a direct result of a failure to turn the squad over in successive transfer windows.

Give Ange 3-4 windows to build HIS squad and it no longer is unfit for purpose.
Of course I would agree with that

SRFRH.gif

“ Donna …. Tell Ryan to dust off his special big coat“

SRFRx.gif

Im all in with Ange however,

It was dogmatism with defensive football that led to the demise of Mourinho

It was dogmatism with that 3 at the back bullshit that led to the demise of Conte

Do we need more dogmatism? What made the likes of Redknapp and Pochettino successful was that they played to the teams strengths, were flexible in their ideology and didnt try to shoehorn square pegs into round holes.
I don't know about that mate, I was at Wembley a few years ago, for the FA cup semi final against Chelsea.
Was surprised to see son at LB that day, and because of it, gave away a penalty, which was their first goal.
So square pegs in round holes was and did occur.

Im all in with Ange however,

It was dogmatism with defensive football that led to the demise of Mourinho

It was dogmatism with that 3 at the back bullshit that led to the demise of Conte

Do we need more dogmatism? What made the likes of Redknapp and Pochettino successful was that they played to the teams strengths, were flexible in their ideology and didnt try to shoehorn square pegs into round holes.

Clearly doesn't remember some of the results and performances in the first seasons of both managers, laughable 🤦‍♀️

Ange is now facing all of the same problems his predecessors had. He plays decent stuff and is liked but lose a couple more and he could still be gone.
hes just faced a serious bad slice of luck with his squad getting ravaged. hes more than safe. we will lose against city. we get back on track after that and we start getting key players back.

hes just faced a serious bad slice of luck with his squad getting ravaged. hes more than safe. we will lose against city. we get back on track after that and we start getting key players back.
We’ve got four PL games in 12 days. That’s a big ask when the first one is City and injuries are stacked up

Obv Romero and Bissouma make a big difference but we are threadbare and if we lost all four, would the drums be beating? Seven defeats on the bounce

He picked a MF 3 of Bentancur, Kulusevski, and GLC today. I fucking loved that adaptation. we played some of the best football we have seen all season despite a horrific injury record.

Sometimes you just get fucked over.

The only adaptation I need from him is to toughen up a bit. We are a bit flowery and soft and his "play fair" schtick in the media feels like it is enabling our players to be soft.

I think a journalist needs to put this to him in a press conference.

Anyone remember as far back as January this year when they beat us 2 nil?

Not difficult. Now think how different yesterday was. From peak abject shite Conteball to what we saw yesterday is an absolute gulf of change for the better. The rest of the year is going to be hard, so buckle up, put your big boy pants on and wait for some players to get back from injuries and suspension. Patience is needed. Play like yesterday and we will have a chance.

I think a journalist needs to put this to him in a press conference.

He will just say that he doesn’t question refs and that’s not who he is.

Meanwhile Klopp asks for replays and gets every thing go his way.

He won’t change but the club could at least pretend to give a fuck about it. As long as the punters keep coming through the turnstiles they couldn’t give a shit,

He will just say that he doesn’t question refs and that’s not who he is.

Meanwhile Klopp asks for replays and gets every thing go his way.

He won’t change but the club could at least pretend to give a fuck about it. As long as the punters keep coming through the turnstiles they couldn’t give a shit,

I don’t want the club coming out with shitty statements like the scum and Liverpool. It’s pathetic. Let’s see what the manager says and does. I can’t pretend to know him well enough to second guess what he would say if the question is put to him. He criticised the Cash tackle yesterday for example.

since pool game we have absolutely been done over with ref decisions (not counting the Chavski hame as I think all those decisions were correct).

Fulham, Palace, wolves and Villa were allowed to assault our players with nothing done about it (Villa being the only team that actually got cautioned for the challenges). Paulinha literally commited 4 yellow card offences in the Fulham game and got 0 yellow cards.

refs can see Haaland getting slightly pulled every game but fail to see Gil getting elbowed, yeh ok (there was also a blatant handball in there as well). Dawson literally throwing Son to the floor by grabbing his face? no foul let alone red card.

it's like they have blamed us for their pool cock up and we must suffer.

since pool game we have absolutely been done over with ref decisions (not counting the Chavski hame as I think all those decisions were correct).

Fulham, Palace, wolves and Villa were allowed to assault our players with nothing done about it (Villa being the only team that actually got cautioned for the challenges). Paulinha literally commited 4 yellow card offences in the Fulham game and got 0 yellow cards.

refs can see Haaland getting slightly pulled every game but fail to see Gil getting elbowed, yeh ok (there was also a blatant handball in there as well). Dawson literally throwing Son to the floor by grabbing his face? no foul let alone red card.

it's like they have blamed us for their pool cock up and we must suffer.

It's not like that, it is that.

Liverpool had a friendly official in VAR yesterday. Geezer isn't allowed to officiate their games because he's too close to them. Liverpool, woolwich, chavski are clubs with way too much influence to consider the premier league an even playing field.

Gutted this morning but focusing on the "process". Our football is fucking sublime and when we get our first XI back we can beat anyone. Top 4 still the long term aim this year, but who knows come next season with this man in charge.

Compare this guy's start to that of our ex traitor manager and the uber millions given to fuel his scum-ridden so called project. Worst word ever in football terms. Like the overly used word humble nowadays. Fcuk off with that rubbish.

There really is no Postecoglou can be under any pressure whatsoever.

Anybody who assesses the guy and three, soon tobe 4 losses on the spin and fails to look at the big mitigating circumstances is a buffoon.

The one negative for me is maybe failing to control the mad man Romero but beyond that, any criticism and those doing so need to go and see the same shrink that Mr Romero needs to turn to

Fcuking Pochettino should be picking up his compensation package if any single person thinks Postecoglou is under the pump. Shame on such thought.

Compare this guy's start to that of our ex traitor manager and the uber millions given to fuel his scum-ridden so called project. Worst word ever in football terms. Like the overly used word humble nowadays. Fcuk off with that rubbish.

There really is no Postecoglou can be under any pressure whatsoever.

Anybody who assesses the guy and three, soon tobe 4 losses on the spin and fails to look at the big mitigating circumstances is a buffoon.

The one negative for me is maybe failing to control the mad man Romero but beyond that, any criticism and those doing so need to go and see the same shrink that Mr Romero needs to turn to

Fcuking Pochettino should be picking up his compensation package if any single person thinks Postecoglou is under the pump. Shame on such thought.
Posto himself admitted it was a risk not picking a CB. That risk didn't pay off.....surprise, surprise!!

Back
Top Bottom