Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did he do with his 10 minutes today?

I don't think he even had a touch.... Equally, did we float so much as 1 ball into the box to him?

(*Ditto the big problem Richy faces at ST)

.........Even Kane would get snuffed out in games like that sometimes when we starved him.

This is getting ridiculous now isn’t it?

I’m not sure I can remember it being this bad for a long time, if ever. Maybe under Mourinho we had a period with loads of them but not like this. Of course other players who played today will be carrying injuries as well.

VDV
Maddison
Perisic
Solomon
Richarlison
Bentancur
Sarr

And Romero and Bissouma suspended.

It’s almost like we are going to go into games and just hope for the best as fans. With the Christmas fixtures coming up soon they can’t have come at a worse time. I thought we were good today but the next month is going to be hard graft. We better take the FA Cup seriously because I think it will be our only chance of achieving something.

Worked hard. What more can you expect? He’s a striker that plays between the posts but at the end of the games we are not playing the way we are at the start of games when we open teams up. He’s not going to get the chances he looks like he thrives on in the last ten minutes.

He didn't take a shot.

Did he make a successful pass?

Won a foul and I think that's it.

A lot of people need to understand the difference between criticizing the manager for aspects of his management or choices he's made and screaming about sacking the manager a month or two into his spell.

No manager is perfect. Every manager can be criticized. Should people want Ange out already? Obviously not, we've seen good signs. Should Ange be criticized for us losing 3 in a row and performing poorly recently? Obviously.

We've lost players. Our squad is not good enough. But Ange should be more responsive and adapt to his circumstances.

The manager should not be above criticism.

A lot of people need to understand the difference between criticizing the manager for aspects of his management or choices he's made and screaming about sacking the manager a month or two into his spell.

No manager is perfect. Every manager can be criticized. Should people want Ange out already? Obviously not, we've seen good signs. Should Ange be criticized for us losing 3 in a row and performing poorly recently? Obviously.

We've lost players. Our squad is not good enough. But Ange should be more responsive and adapt to his circumstances.

I don't have a problem with this but the criticism needs to make sense, criticising him because we conceded from a set piece is stupid, just like criticising him for not playing Dier because he would have been more dominant in the air is dumb because we know how shite Dier is especially in this system.

After today, there's not much to get at him about, maybe the Skipp sub but the alternative was Donley, he's 18 - it's hardly as if we had an established 10 we could turn to, what else could he have done today, seriously?

The criticism though is coming from those who couldn't wait to get at him for some weird reason and have been trying to spew their negative agenda against him and using this loss as the perfect time to do it.

What could he have done differently today?

Kept Son onside? Headed one in himself?

we are sacking the mgr again?

Why can't Postacoglu stick up for his players? He has to call it when he sees it or is he that naive? These refs are the worst ever and they have it in for Tottenham, no penalties, 3 pens against, 3 red cards, nobody sent off against. If that isn't corruption I don't know what is!

He picked a MF 3 of Bentancur, Kulusevski, and GLC today. I fucking loved that adaptation. we played some of the best football we have seen all season despite a horrific injury record.

Sometimes you just get fucked over.

The only adaptation I need from him is to toughen up a bit. We are a bit flowery and soft and his "play fair" schtick in the media feels like it is enabling our players to be soft.

Kane wouldn't and you know it.

He'd have scored a hattrick today with the chances we had.

I think you entirely missed my point........

The state of the game in the final 10 mins Veliz played were a completely different proposition to if Kane had been playing during the bulk whilst we were on top.

We failed to get Veliz involved whilst he was on....... In situations like that (for Spurs AND England); we've seen Kane struggle too.

"Even Kane would get snuffed out in games like that sometimes when we starved him."

Perhaps if Veliz had been on the end of some of the chances we created he might have scored...........?

I think you entirely missed my point........

The state of the game in the final 10 mins Veliz played were a completely different proposition to if Kane had been playing during the bulk whilst we were on top.

We failed to get Veliz involved whilst he was on....... In situations like that (for Spurs AND England); we've seen Kane struggle too.

"Even Kane would get snuffed out in games like that sometimes when we starved him."

Perhaps if Veliz had been on the end of some of the chances we created he might have scored...........?

Did he do anything in the 10 minutes to give you the impression he would have been on the end of any chances?

Because he's only going to get 10 minutes and that is the reality of his position in the squad right now.

Did he do anything in the 10 minutes to give you the impression he would have been on the end of any chances?

Because he's only going to get 10 minutes and that is the reality of his position in the squad right now.

As I already said; he didn't involve himself nor did we do anything to involve him.

This is not a criticism or a defense (or BOTH if you prefer to see it that way?); it's simply an observation.

He looked bright on his prev. cameos; but not today.

10 mins for a CF when the team are creating chances is a completely different proposition to when the rest of the team are gassed and just probing around the 20 yd mark without any real intensity.

Rich would be further away from it and don’t insinuate that rich is a proper 9🤣That’s the kind of service that Veliz would love. He looks an animal and would love to see him get more than 10 minutes at the end of a game.
yea veliz does look a bit rough around the edges but hes probably desperate to try and impress and with 10 minutes its hard. to be fair could of started him today in hindsight because he wouldnt of done worse than son. he offered nothing today.

I still say his choice of subs and late game management is shocking. Once again swapping our attacking creative player for a runner with no great ability kills our momentum. Veliz is a striker if he's in the squad then fucking play him. If he's not good enough then don't stick him on the fucking bench. Give some of the youngsters a chance what's the worst that can happen they play as bad as the others they're replacing?
agree about the subs, i do think theres a bit of him trying to keep harmony in the squad with some of it. in a couple windows time we shouldnt even be seeing the likes of skipp on the bench.

I still say his choice of subs and late game management is shocking. Once again swapping our attacking creative player for a runner with no great ability kills our momentum. Veliz is a striker if he's in the squad then fucking play him. If he's not good enough then don't stick him on the fucking bench. Give some of the youngsters a chance what's the worst that can happen they play as bad as the others they're replacing?

He put Skipp in MF to help us control the game and moved Kulusevski out wide where he had Digne on toast.

Then brought a striker on for GLC so we had an extra striker.

Both were attacking subs?

What do you fucking want? other than a nonsensical reason to have a pop at the manager.

Back
Top Bottom