Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hypothetical, Rangers are playing Aberdeen knowing that a win hands Celtic the title. If Aberdeen win they can take the title in a home game against Livingston, and Celtic end the season trophyless. What do Rangers fans want?
Almost certainly to sniff some glue and beat their wives.

I get the point, but like I did, you’ve gone to the extreme here. Rangers hate Celtic more than they love Rangers all the time. Protestants that don’t practice religion, but hate Catholics. So they’d always go the route of Celtic not winning. But that’s been breeding for centuries.

And Aberdeen would get pumped by Livi anyway.

City has unlimited money. We don’t. We need every bit of advantage possible. Atmosphere can help win games
Yes, it can. But in reality it is better players and tactics.
What joke did he make about the fans? He alluded to them tonight and had a dig yesterday. Other than that, I don’t think he’s done anything?

And yes, we’ve lost five out of six. All games you expect to win every season? Or the hardest period of the season? Not sure we’ve been that great against the same opposition for decades now. Three of those matches against the top three. What are we expecting here?
Yeah, the dig yesterday blew up. As for expectations, that is the whole point. What are we expecting here?

Top 4 next season? A cup run? Ange says himself those are not his aims, so it makes it hard to understand any manager whose aim is to win trophies but is very far away from it.

We get criticised as fans for believing we can win something, yet also for believing our best option is to consistently strategically bet on ourselves losing.

Not really the same scenario.

Ange wants to be here, wants to change the mentality and wants to win with this club.

Conte didn't want to be here. Was likely to never be here beyond his second season and went out all guns blazing.

Oddly, those who didn't have an issue with what Conte said, seem to be offended by what Ange said. Funny that.

There's no way of knowing if Ange is the right man for the job or not without letting him try and change that mentality, getting rid of the players he thinks are weak and getting in players who will improve us.

Again, completely different scenario.

If this wasn't a game in which 90% of the fanbase wanted to see their own team lose, the team HE manages. You wouldn't have seen this reaction and no one would have given a toss.

It really is okay for a professional manager who wants to win to have a different opinion and belief of an actual Spurs fan, you know. He's not here to be a Spurs fan. He's in a results business in which he is judged on results.
Wow, you must be a mind reader, you know exactly what Conte was thinking, exactly what this fraud is thinking.

Why are you wasting your time on here instead of making millions with your amazing psychic ability??

He's not here to be a Spurs fan. He's in a results business in which he is judged on results.
He's lost 5 out of the last 6, his team have kept 2 clean sheets in 7 months, thrown away top 4 when it was in our control, not to mention the cups.

Funnily enough he doesn't seem to actually be judged on those results, only on the mythical 10 games and the mythical tomorrow where he fixes the fans mentality as that's what is holding back his free flowing all out attack football, the fans negativity, not the reality of the Prem, a level he's never sniffed before even in his wildest dreams.

Wow, you must be a mind reader, you know exactly what Conte was thinking, exactly what this fraud is thinking.

Why are you wasting your time on here instead of making millions with your amazing psychic ability??

He's lost 5 out of the last 6, his team have kept 2 clean sheets in 7 months, thrown away top 4 when it was in our control, not to mention the cups.

Funnily enough he doesn't seem to actually be judged on those results, only on the mythical 10 games and the mythical tomorrow where he fixes the fans mentality as that's what is holding back his free flowing all out attack football, the fans negativity, not the reality of the Prem, a level he's never sniffed before even in his wildest dreams.
let him get some more players in ffs!!! we need some more brennan johnsons for 45m and some timo werners! fucking hell dingo the place will be fucking rocking with a few more of that calibre! big ange clearly knows what hes doing! the evidence supports that.

Shut up clown. I can say our anytime. Pretty sure I’m allowed to after all these years supporting the club.

You’d think we’ve had a terrible season and you lot want to slaughter the manager because he’s not weak as fuck

Couldn’t care less if it’s Ange or any other manager but they shouldn’t have to accept fans wanting to lose.

Even the so called real fans who wouldn’t be able to handle getting the piss taken out of some Woolwich fans should see this is wrong.
Jog on, if you had been supporting the club all these years then you'd know what it'd mean to stop them winning the league. It was joy in '99 and it was agony in '04. You and this fraud can fuck off if you think competing for one meaningless game means anything compared to throwing away 2 cups and a gift wrapped advantage in the top 4 race against a team btw that made the semi's in Europe.

He’s got a bit of Jose and Conte in him. Always deflecting.

Whatever issues “inside or outside” of the club, we didn’t succeed for one reason only this season. Our defensive structure. And that’s on him.

Don’t mug off the fans repeatedly. I understand he’s a professional and wants to win every game, but stop acting like you know better than us. You don’t.

I give him until Xmas. We all would’ve taken 5th but not in this shambolic manner, on a decline since fall.

Ange is a complete bell end. The arrogance of the man. He's achieved nothing in the game.

His so called attacking philosophy is dull as ditchwater to watch. We can barely score a goal in open play.

Deluded charlatan. sooner he goes the better.

Come on I was fucking embarrassed when the fans sang Are you watching Woolwich? What the f would they be watching us lose 2-0. Son miss a 1-on-1. It was a disgrace support the team . This little brother complex has got to stop.
God forbid the fans take some joy in a situation after being put through 4 straight losses and capitulations against our fiercest rivals.

Whilst I’m aware you may be semi taking the piss, you aren’t daft enough to not get my point.

Here’s the thing - if I’m a player or manager, I’m visiting forums like this to gauge what the supporters are thinking. A lot easier to do that than stand outside ChickKing asking punters what their thoughts are.

And when I do come on here and see what’s being posted, I’d burn the stadium to the ground. Add to this, the celebrations in the ground tonight. No wonder Ange is in a mood.

Who doesn’t deserve to be in a mood are those who’ve been thrashing him and get all jellylegged when he gives it back. Fucking children.
"Here’s the thing - if I’m a player or manager, I’m visiting forums like this to gauge what the supporters are thinking. "

L O fucking L

We were celebrating in the ground cos those cunts didn't get what they wanted.

We were celebrating cos that's all that's left to do this season instead of securing CL football next season, or maybe looking forward to an FA Cup or having competed for the League Cup or after not putting up a fight against the scum and instead laying out the red carpet as the fraud referred to it as.

No wonder Ange is in a mood.
Oh no, poor little Angie is in a mood, sooner he's fucked off the better.

Last edited:
Ange had every right to call out the fans on this. It's pathetic that fans would rather lose just to spite a rival.

If you want to spite your rival - be better than them. That is the entire premise of sport. The best wins. Once you take that away, it is no longer a sport.

I think we played well and showed what we are capable of. We clearly lack a target man up front, and Johnson doesn't yet have the required quality to deliver the final ball.

I was thinking there were a few players not giving a huge fuck in the last couple of days of training. But he was certainly digging at the fans too.
The quicker the season can end the better for him. You build up an account of good will and there's no point throwing any of it away on things you can't change and don't affect your ability to do the job.

Please tell me you aren’t serious.
Well according to most people on here, Levy is a megalomaniac and control freak with zero ambition who just wants to command an army of sheeple who buys a season ticket every year and a few rounds of go-karts.

If there is one thing that both pro- and anti-Levy fans can agree on is that he wants a quiet and steady ship with no discord between fans and management. Its not a mad conspiracy theory the he could have genuinely worried what the reaction of the fans could have been if we won and approached Ange about it.

Who else is inside the club would be causing an issue over us beating City? Technically the players would count but I don't think he would have much such a fuss of it was, I think it would be someone in leadership. I doubt Scott Munn or Johan Lange would have cared. Mason could have done it but if it was just him, why not quietly sack him in the summer? Someone has clearly wound him up and done it in the last 48 hours.

It could be something unrelated to the City game but don't think so.

Ange, when us fans were concerned about "winning" and wanted you to adjust the way we defended set-pieces, because it was causing us to lose, YOU said it didn't matter and you had no intentions of changing it and everyone had to lump it because it was just "who you were'.

Well, this is just how WE are when it comes to our arch enemy.

Now shut the fucking hell up and get on with your job.

And have some fucking respect.

Back
Top Bottom