Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive test. Think in the league we've won just twice since 1993 away at Woolwich and just once in the league at the Emirates since it opened. So a loss certainly isn't out of the question against a team that showed they were pretty far ahead of us last season.

If we go there and put in the same fight we have in every game this season, that's all I ask. If we loss despite that? So be it. But last season we let them walk over us twice with zero fight and that was unacceptable.

Would take a draw. Think we could get the win.
I’m confident that with Ange’s mentality and style of play, we won’t see the submissive performances we put in against them lot last year.

We have the advantage of a full week of preparation, while they have a mid week game.
If Sarr can take Ødegaard out of the game then we will win.
Potentially 7 players starting their first ever NLD at the weekend. I reckon that actually works in our favour.
We are 5 games in and yet to play against a team that presses with quality. Brentford and Sheffield Utd sat behind the ball. Man Utd are dreadful and Bournemouth offered pretty much nothing.

Woolwich on their day are one of the best pressing teams in the league. Their off the ball movement (certainly last season) was fantastic too.

We haven't come up against anyone as good as Saka and it'll also be the best midfield we've come up against. They won't allow Bissouma time. They won't let Maddison run with it. They'll overload and try and target our high line. Unlike many others have.

Make no mistake, we've had a great start but these are a different class to the teams we've played. They haven't performed anywhere near as well as they have last season yet they still sit level on points with us and 13/15 points. And as we know, form goes out the window.
What would be delicious is if we beat Woolwich and then Ange goes into the preparation for the next match against Liverpool, the club he followed as a boy, with all that momentum behind him.
Diving **** Sak
Someone should call this out in the press and create a watch out for the VAR bots to think about

Boss eyed little ****
****ing hate them. ****ing hate their colours. ****ing hate their badge. ****ing hate their players. ****ing hate their fans. ****ing hate their ****hole of a ground. ****ing hate the week leading up to the game.

COYS! Please don't let us down. Been long enough since we won in the League at that ****hole.
God I ****ing hate them.
It's going to take more than turning up and trying to play on the front foot to win this game. Make no mistake they'll be bang up for this and wanting to knock us back down a peg or two. We've got to fight and do as much work off of the ball as we try to do on it. Our record here is atrocious if we want to change that we have to win the battle off the ball with our intelligence and tenacity.
I have a strong feeling we will kick some Gooner arse because the sides confidence is sky high!
**** some of our fans who are saying that they will be happy with a draw!

We can win this!!
Need to not give them any respect out there, really go at them, Bossouma needs to be all over Ødegaard, Romero and VDV to bully there front line. I think our players will be right up for this.

Really not sure who to start up top.
i think they will be slightly nervous too, they wont admit it. but theyve had no real test in the last two years bar city and they got ****ed there. the league is already looking a lot better this year so they're going to get tested. theyve looked pretty flimsy already this year.
'Form goes out of the window'. Not sure that ever makes too much sense.

Suffice to say we don't do well at their place, for reasons as simple ss not being mentally strong enough, as there have been nunerous occasions when we have had the better players.

Sadly don't see that changing on Sunday, and at present tbey also have the upper hand on ability.
Martinelli vs Porro is a potential problem.
Saka got nothing from Ake in previous games as he's matched his pace with added strength and size - Udogie may be able to that too, big ask but the talent is unreal.
Fancy our CBs against their strikers.
Objectively Saliba is one of the top CBs, and despite arse not doing much attacking in some games they've apparently not looked like conceding. I don't mind which front 3 we go with.
Biss and Madders will get past their mfers at will in 1v1s. Hope they play Havertz, he offers nothing. Arse will surely be looking at how to crowd the middle.
Gotta be the first time in ages both teams are in form and first 11 fit, hope we ****ing go for them. Biss, Madders and Sarr too much for them
They’ve been winning without dominating and haven’t been as clinical as last year. I think our form is better but they’re at home and that might be all the difference
To save me reading 22 pages, am I right in thinking if we win, Ange is on a title charge with a great squad, if we draw Champions League is on next season with the building blocks for a good squad, and if we lose Levy is a bald **** that has given us a **** squad?

Thanks in advance.
BTW, something just occured to me... the gooner players have never played against or possibly even much footage of Vicario, Udogie, Van De Ven, Sarr. You could probably throw Johnson in that pile too.

This is not the same old Sp**s, they may be caught out by what the likes of Udogie can do.
Let’s just give them a game instead of raising the white flag like we do often did under Jose and ****e. They would send us out defeated already saying they have far better players, spend more , blah blah blah. Yet are managed by a **** who these so called elite managers were scared of.
A good performance to let them know we are not scared of them is all we ask. Result will take of itself.
The only thing keeping me calm right now is that my expectation is nothing more than "We are 5 games in" and a loss doesn't halt out journey.
If it was us playing midweek with the gooners resting we wouldn’t be to happy even if it was a training match , tonight’s result doesn’t change Sunday - we will give them a game and if we take our chances we will win, it’s up to the front 3 to click!
We've played better against possession teams and struggled against low block. They tend to play better against low blocks. Based on that flimsy logic I think they'll have a tough time against us.
Big advantage having 8 days to prepare for this game versus there 4.

Ange will not waste a single session in preparing the squad.

Excited for this.

If Sp**s are level or in front coming into the last 20mins, they will run over the top of Woolwich.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...icts-on-north-london-derby-live-on-sky-sports

Jesus, Merson really is a delusional cunt.

Acting like Woolwich are prime Barcelona 😂

It's a big test for Tottenham - it's not a big test for Woolwich, is it? Everybody is going mad about Tottenham, but they've only really played Manchester United at home so far this season.

One team has been doing it for the last year and a half, while this Spurs one is just getting it together. Woolwich proved themselves last season by nearly taking the best team in the world all the way over 38 games.

Sunday is all about how Tottenham approach it and I don't know if Ange Postecoglou will change his game. Speaking to Celtic fans, he won't - he plays the same football everywhere he has gone.

If he doesn't, it will open the game up. And if you go toe-to-toe against Woolwich, there's only one winner. Because of the way they pass the ball and move between the lines, I don't know if Spurs could live with Woolwich. They will get blown away.

:dembelelol:

2 minutes spent on Mania. Serious bunch of dicks. Above is from Mania copied from here.

Sunday can’t come fast enough. Planning to spend Sunday evening in Mania pissing myself.

Ange, don’t stop even if the little cunt standing next to you on Sunday starts crying (he has history).

It's a big test for Tottenham - it's not a big test for Woolwich, is it? Everybody is going mad about Tottenham, but they've only really played Manchester United at home so far this season.

One team has been doing it for the last year and a half, while this Spurs one is just getting it together. Woolwich proved themselves last season by nearly taking the best team in the world all the way over 38 games.

Sunday is all about how Tottenham approach it and I don't know if Ange Postecoglou will change his game. Speaking to Celtic fans, he won't - he plays the same football everywhere he has gone.

If he doesn't, it will open the game up. And if you go toe-to-toe against Woolwich, there's only one winner. Because of the way they pass the ball and move between the lines, I don't know if Spurs could live with Woolwich. They will get blown away.

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/15205/12964785/Woolwich-vs-tottenham-paul-merson-and-gary-neville-give-their-verdicts-on-north-london-derby-live-on-sky-sports[/URL]

you-want-some-got-no-fans.gif

2 minutes spent on Mania. Serious bunch of dicks. Above is from Mania copied from here.

Sunday can’t come fast enough. Planning to spend Sunday evening in Mania pissing myself.

Ange, don’t stop even if the little cunt standing next to you on Sunday starts crying (he has history).
Excellent, let's do some more.

They’ve been reading here?

Hello Arse Mania

tumblr_m0cgovlz0U1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Wish that pig nosed wanker would crawl into a darkened space and just fuck off.

Hang on, wasn’t he praising Tottenham and saying we were favourites a few days ago?

It’s almost as if pundits and media and the like post opposing views every so often to drive traffic and therefore up revenue to their sites …

He’s back on the gear again

So, if we aggressively attack on Sunday, then we're the only side that could possibly be hurt by that tactic? Good to know, Paul.

As some have said, let's not roll over..

This should not be new manager, same script.

Tjr biggest issue is that of the players we have bought during the departing summer, and who we already possessed, none is that natural leader of men.

Just seen that I wrote Jew instead of new. Now corrected. Huge apologies for any offence, if caused.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom