Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching the reaction to whether we have enough to beat Woolwich just makes me want us to burst their fucking bubble on Sunday.

They had a good season last season that they absolutely bottled. Was the bottle jobs of all bottle jobs.

This season they've not been all that.

And yet they're still worshipped as being this unbeatable force.

We have to beat them so bad that we don't just send them back south of the river but they crawl down to Legohead's homeland with their tails between their legs!

COYMFS!!!!!

I'm so down with the project, so much looking forward to this Sunday that this morning I listened to ALL of Alasdair Gold's latest 1 h 40m opus.

Dedication!

index.jpg

If Sarr can take Odegaard out of the game then we will win.
He's a big part of it. If an EPL XI was selected then Odegaard and Saka (and maybe Saliba) would be picked. But Maddison and Bissouma would also be in the conversation (and maybe Romero). I suspect Saka is the one who has to be stopped but Odegaard's the one who feeds him, so yeah - stop Odegaard and the job is half done.

Expecting a classic. Could even come down to which keeper has the better game.

It will be interesting to see the starting team this time, we have genuinely good options up front to choose from and more than three are in good form.

Son - probably tired last week from internationals but is captain and a big game player

Richarlison - just got what a striker low on confidence needed so will be a bit different now (probably sub)

Solomon - Aaron Lennon 2.0, closest thing I've seen. Not as explosive but has better end product, it's hard to drop him.

Kulusevski - he's playing so well at the moment and offering something completely different as a winger and just scored the winner

Johnson - looks very very good the time he played, could be special

Perisic - he does frustrate me a bit because he's slow and a bit predictable but he just plugs on and is reliable and effective, a bit like Davies

Everything behind attack seems quite set this season, until Bentancur comes back then you wonder what happens in midfield

I don't mean to disrespect him, and he was great for us many times, but it does give me so much more confidence knowing we aren't going into this match with Hugo starting. He was always good for a cock up at their place.

The whole old leadership core in general being gone is going to be huge for us. At the very least, with Ange and the confident, young lads we have in the side now, we're going in with the feeling we can win. They won't have the emotional scars from the past.

We may not win but I at least have confidence we won't go there fearing we will lose.

They haven’t quite clicked yet so it’s a great time for us to get this fixture out the way. I think it will be a high scoring game 2-2 or 3-2 either way. New manager & over half a new team will hopefully help putting an end to the mental inferiority complex we have when we go there for quite a while. I wouldn’t rule out dodgy VAR decisions helping them out. Hopefully strong ref & officials for this one.

Potentially 7 players starting their first ever NLD at the weekend. I reckon that actually works in our favour.

Vicario, VDV, Udogie, Porro? Maddison, Solomon?

Johnson the 7th? or Bissouma hasn't started one yet?

Either way, no baggage is a good thing but tbh it's been years since we had a huge divide either way when we just expected Henry and the crew to roll us over.

There isn't really a player in our squad carrying much for them in terms of negative energy.

Atm thinking this:

Vicario
Porro
Romero
VDV
Udogie
Sarr
BOSS
Maddison
Kulu
Son
Richy
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Sarr BOSS Maddison
Kulu Son Richy
[/lineup]

Richy LW to help us hold the ball up vs the press.

Back
Top Bottom