Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nerves jangling already.
Really bad news for Ivan P. Also for us, as his delivery would have been truly valuable in a game like this.
I’d be very happy with any result from this one, the nearer it gets. 7-1 Spurs. 👀
If we don't win this game by 2 plus goals, I'm blaming you for giving me this unnecessary anticipatory pre game anxiety

Looks like we need to put these little cunts away again.

giphy.gif
It's such a beautiful thing to see that cunt offs are a multi species phenomenon

They gave PSV a touch up by the looks of things
Odegaard, Rice and Saka all played. Perhaps they will be a bit tired this weekend. Other than that, they obviously looked quite dangerous. PSV for their part looked very slow though.

This is gonna be one hell of a midfield battle. I think Maddison can get the better of Rice, but Sarr and Biss will have a lot to do trying to shutdown their midfield attack. I like to think that Biss will rise to the occasion for games like this, but obviously it still remains to be done and not merely presumed.

Last edited:
Odegaard, Rice and Saka all played. Perhaps they will be a bit tired this weekend. Other than that, they obviously looked quite dangerous. PSV for their part looked very slow though.

This is gonna one hell of a midfield battle. I think Maddison can get the better of Rice, but Sarr and Biss will have a lot to do trying to shutdown their midfield attack. I like to think that Biss will rise to the occasion for games like this, but obviously it still remains to be done and not merely presumed.
They made five subs with a view on this game so we’ll see how much it takes it out of them. I think our players will be up for the fight, but they will need to keep their composure

This is gonna be one hell of a midfield battle. I think Maddison can get the better of Rice, but Sarr and Biss will have a lot to do trying to shutdown their midfield attack. I like to think that Biss will rise to the occasion for games like this, but obviously it still remains to be done and not merely presumed.

Correct on the no presumptions part.

We need to accept or recognise that at present, they are a very good side That is not a sin to admit it and in Rice they have added a Rolls Royce of a player.

I think our better way of grabbing something would be to defend deep, which is not Postecoglou's way or being better than them, and we ain't, so it's an hmmmm.

For now giving them a good game and showing that we are starting to build is a more realistic expectation than thinking we will come away with any points.

Last edited:
We've played better against possession teams and struggled against low block. They tend to play better against low blocks. Based on that flimsy logic I think they'll have a tough time against us.

They seem to have no problem shooting through a packed defence but are equally wasteful on the counter. I'm cautiously optimistic. Did Brighton not tear them a new one at their place last season.

Starting to feel sick right on time ahead of Sunday. Please don’t let us down boys, just turning up would be an improvement on recent seasons in that chess pit.

Woolwich were pretty awesome this morning (Australian time) with so many threats going forward. But (as I've said before) the better they are, the better it is if Spurs get a result.

No matter the strength of their attack, they can always look flimsy at the back. The opposite of Spursy is Arsey. I reckon Sunday will be a midfield battle for the ages and could well come down to a single error or moment of quality. Odegaard and Saka have to be contained (obviously) but Trossard is looking in pretty hot form also.

The boys have their work cut out, that's for sure. As long as it's a competitive performance, a (narrow) loss away would not be a disaster. A draw or win away would be a massive statement for the season ahead.

You'd be naive not to be worried about this game. Our record at The Library is dreadful of late, and they have good players in good form.

However, our players are all on a massive high, we're playing some great football and have a manager who will know what it means to the fans, as well as having a week to prepare.

I haven't questioned the sides desire so far this season, League Cup aside, and I expect the same this weekend with 110% being put in.

We need a clinical study done, as I'm pretty sure the extreme anticipation and delight of watching Angeball fries our dopamine receptors, naturally because it's only every 4-7 days or so we go into withdraw and cunt offs on the forum skyrocket as a coping mechanism. Zis is not healthy. #angeballfriesbrains
I just watch the last game over and over until the next game to keep me going (if we've won, obvs!).
Pumped Up Smile GIF by The Roku Channel

Back
Top Bottom