Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm afraid it feels like a total shambles. A ton of random names but barely any centre backs. Tanganga, Ndombele deals falling through. Dier, Lloris, Reggie, Sanchez still here. No movement on Hojbjerg who the manager clearly doesnt fancy. I'd love to think this is all some devious masterplan but as you say we've been here before time and time again. Its throw some mud and hope some of it sticks time. We can only hope its more Van Der Vaart than Sissoko or Rasiak but its no way to run a club properly.
If you want to support a well run club, look elsewhere.
We always like to be on Sky's transfer deadline day !!

And a cowardly liar to boot 👢

Animated GIF

We’ve sold Harry Kane and bought in fuck all in attacking reinforcements.
With full acknowledgement of all the criticisms of the deal structure and potential concerns about the player and fit, if you don't think Ansu Fati is a bigger profile attacking addition than Cole Fucking Palmer, I'm not sure what to tell you.

This is a giant talent, and given the way his Barcelona career was initially heralded, something like a global star.

No not really, he's not a dribbler or a crosser, he loves getting into the box and shooting.
Fair enough, I just meant more in the sense of passing and working with teammates in attacking phase situations. I like what I'm seeing from Sonny adjusting to that, but that seems more bread and butter for Fati, and I like the idea of Son centrally.

Way off topic but it's kinda easy to make standard (I'm not saying unreasonable) assumptions from the outside looking in. I'm just vocal about it because it's sensitive and still very real in some peoples minds.

There's a lot more to tell on that topic but it's not for here.
Cheers. You’re right and I should shut the fuck up sometimes. I was a bit tired/wired by the time you got involved. But I’m a dick nonetheless. FWIW, I’m sorry I’m insensitive to it most of the time. I’m an high functioning autistic mixed with disappointed idealist.

Back
Top Bottom