Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Assume for the sake of argument that Richy as an every game starter becomes a non-viable situation.

Who solves for that better, Fati the LW who can allow Son to move centrally and has played CF himself in the past, or Johnson the RW who hasn't?
I don't understand how Fati on the LW solves anything. Son had to completely change his playstyle in order to play LW in Ange's system, why loan out a player who would need to do the same?

That’s a smart signing for them, genuinely.

I don’t think we can compete with the money anymore. Why even care at this point. Saudi and Qatari money is backing 5 of the top 6, Woolwich are loaded somehow, even the likes of Liverpool and Villa can outspend us and dwarf us seemingly.

We have no hope left in the market and no hope left of winning trophies long term.

I can give you a hug if you want mate, but in these trying times...that's gonna cost you £60:levystare:

Facts don't lie.... But you do; habitually.
100 %
Here's one of their lies about me ;
He even tried to put a positive spin on the much hated recent ticket price hike!

:ange-facepalm2:

What I actually said;
I'm not fighting anything, I already stated that.

What a strange take on the discussion.
I have no problem admitting that it's not a great move by them.

I'm just trying to understand why they'd undermine the good PR they got for not increasing ST (when 17 PL clubs did) by doing this bollocks when they get little or no benefit (money) from it.

It's madness.

This is all starting to feel incredibly familiar.
I'm afraid it feels like a total shambles. A ton of random names but barely any centre backs. Tanganga, Ndombele deals falling through. Dier, Lloris, Reggie, Sanchez still here. No movement on Hojbjerg who the manager clearly doesnt fancy. I'd love to think this is all some devious masterplan but as you say we've been here before time and time again. Its throw some mud and hope some of it sticks time. We can only hope its more Van Der Vaart than Sissoko or Rasiak but its no way to run a club properly.

That’s a smart signing for them, genuinely.

I don’t think we can compete with the money anymore. Why even care at this point. Saudi and Qatari money is backing 5 of the top 6, Woolwich are loaded somehow, even the likes of Liverpool and Villa can outspend us and dwarf us seemingly.

We have no hope left in the market and no hope left of winning trophies long term.

Snap Out Of It Come On GIF by General Hospital

Sums up our transfer dealings when there is an argument about the origins of father Ted on the transfer thread...! 😁

By the way It's a British produced tv show written by Irish writers with Irish actors based on a made up Island of the coast of Ireland. Chances are it would never have been made at all without channel 4 , because the Irish tv company rte would not have made it cause rte is utter shite....
Like UHT milk... Pure shite

It’s just hopeless.

We’ve sold Harry Kane and bought in fuck all in attacking reinforcements.
It's like bidding on a house you really want where other prospective buyers are willing to pay up to 100% over the market price. The whole market is a complete piss take these days, artificially inflated by owners with bottomless pockets who want to play real life football manager on cheat mode.

Why you even arguing about Fati? The kid is one of the biggest talents in the world. I guess there is no club who wouldnt take him (only stupid Barcelona).
No, he was one of the biggest talents in the world. I doubt he can even start consistently now, and he doesn't fit the system unless he plays striker, which he may or may not be able to do.

Back
Top Bottom