How long do you give Ange to get it right?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many league games patience do you have?

• Total voters
Doesn’t bother me. We haven’t had a plan B for years. At least plan A sounds like it will be worth paying an entrance fee for

Modern football is all about plan A. Pep may change formation but in reality he has plan A, plan A and plan A. They have principles they won’t bend for. If you want a manager with plan A, B, C, an old school manager who will switch from high press to low block these managers currently don’t win anything apart from Conference Leagues. Ange like Pep or Kompany sounds like he is an attack or nothing manager.

Some had said that had it not been for Tuchel, the Chavs could’ve been relegated.

I think the same applies in that had we not ground out some results whilst still under Conte, we’d ended up 15th-16th.
Hindsight is easy though innit. Alternatively if we had sacked the moaning prick pre World Cup and got a new positive guy in for the 2nd half of the season we might have come 3rd.

He'll get as long as it takes because of the knock-on effect.

If he's a failure, the guy who appointed him is a failure, and since he was new to the job and the first thing he did was fail, it heaps more pressure on the rancid ballbag.

And if it doesn't work out, we're beyond fucked, So it has to work out.

Won't hold my breath though
I'm not being funny but, at the end of the day, let's face it, to be honest, it's literally 110% true that if you take the bull by the horns, a cliche will last an eternity.

You're basically contradicting yourself. In the first paragraph, you say it's the boards fault. In the 2nd paragraph you acknowledge a good coach can get those players into 4th.
If a good, experienced coach can get them to 4th (and a minute away from 3rd before he left) then a competent coach should have them nowhere near the bottom 3.

Believe me, I hate Levy and he needs to really work on putting talent back into our squad. But if they're bottom by Christmas it's on the coach and he'll have to go.
Everton, Spam, Luton, Sheffield United, Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace, Wolves, they should all be below us on squad talent as a minimum. Arguably more teams.
Not really because 8 games is not enough time for any manager to instill anything. We judged him by his results after a full season in charge. Not 8 games.

Ultimately Ange, like all managers will be judged by results but I’m pretty sure we’ll get a good opinion of him in his first few games, regardless of the scores.
The first team line-up will tell us lots.

I'm not being funny but, at the end of the day, let's face it, to be honest, it's literally 110% true that if you take the bull by the horns, a cliche will last an eternity.

TBH albeit it’s Saturday night which is ok for fighting I agree with you, in small doses!

If I can start seeing positive patterns by Christmas and if we are not last in the league by then I'm willing to give him 18 months

Some had said that had it not been for Tuchel, the Chavs could’ve been relegated.

I think the same applies in that had we not ground out some results whilst still under Conte, we’d ended up 15th-16th.
23 points from the first 10 games was better than anyone else at Spurs since Bill Nicholson
Went down the pan after that, but it was the apalling last 10 after Conte went

The football might have been boring but he kept us competing even through the various deaths, healthscares and chaos. Even with most of our defence seemingly trying to help opponents score.

By all means fans can moan about the quality of football. But in terms of results and PPG, he was practically walking on water IMO.

23 points from the first 10 games was better than anyone else at Spurs since Bill Nicholson
Went down the pan after that, but it was the apalling last 10 after Conte went

The football might have been boring but he kept us competing even through the various deaths, healthscares and chaos. Even with most of our defence seemingly trying to help opponents score.

By all means fans can moan about the quality of football. But in terms of results and PPG, he was practically walking on water IMO.
Will be real fun to watch the “real”, supportive Spurs fan cry to bed after every game when it’ll be clear that this team is actually poor, Postecolgou isn’t that hidden gem they all bigged him up to be and that Conte wasn’t holding the players back or whatever shit they used to cope.

That is my biggest concern with Ange under Levy. I read a quote where he said something like 'there is no plan B. You just do plan A better'. That's pretty much what we've just had from Conte and we have not had the players capable of carrying out such demands. Ok, the plans are not going to be anything like each other, but there needs to be some flexibility in order to succeed.

He's going to need this coming season (at least) to build the foundations of something and Levy and co have to give him what he needs to achieve it (and I don't mean spending silly money).

To be fair to them, the club are clearly making an effort to turn the ship around. They're taking a punt on a guy who does look like he can bring us the entertainment we crave. Seems like they're trying the Brighton Moneyball system of recruitment. They're dusting the cobwebs off the academy. They're changing the medical staff. They're aiming to sell the weaker links.

He's been appointed not just to get us back to being entertaining to watch but also to unify the fanbase. Giving Ange some time and space to make it all work means giving all of them a bit of time.
It's like Levy has called tech support in and they started by asking him if he had rebooted. (Yes, three times with files I downloaded on the internet, I think the Conte virus may be on the hard drive). "Well we're going to have to restore the system to the last point where it worked". (Levy would say, but I've lost the Ponch drive and I don't feel like looking for it again). So now they are wiping Spurs clean and putting in a new operating system (Ange 57.0), realizing that the Kane file may be too large and might have to be deleted.

I see the Sun has gone down and the dark side are out of their coffins... 😀
Star Wars May The Force Be With You GIF

Modern football is all about plan A. Pep may change formation but in reality he has plan A, plan A and plan A. They have principles they won’t bend for. If you want a manager with plan A, B, C, an old school manager who will switch from high press to low block these managers currently don’t win anything apart from Conference Leagues. Ange like Pep or Kompany sounds like he is an attack or nothing manager.

According to him an 'Anti-Conte-ism' Plan B won him the CL tonight.

Back
Top Bottom