How long do you give Ange to get it right?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many league games patience do you have?

• Total voters
its all good being attack attack attack but we need faster movement up front sons pace has gone and kulu is slow

i actually think a pacy rw or lw is up there with a CB signing for me, so important
From all I've read about Postecoglou, the one player who'll benefit most is Bryan Gill.

Wide winger, runs all day and suitable for a counter press. He's tailor made for the system. He needs to develop end product and output and you've got yourself in theory a 10g/10a player there.

I think half a season in the worst case, if we are really struggling then I'd hit the panic button at that point. So I voted half a season.

If we are doing ok but nothing great, then he'll get the full season. And if he does well and there are clear signs of progress and some decent results, he could last as long as Poch.

Ya lost me.
Not hard in fairness.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Modern football is all about plan A. Pep may change formation but in reality he has plan A, plan A and plan A. They have principles they won’t bend for. If you want a manager with plan A, B, C, an old school manager who will switch from high press to low block these managers currently don’t win anything apart from Conference Leagues. Ange like Pep or Kompany sounds like he is an attack or nothing manager.
It's not just that - it's also that he has an unshakeable belief that the best way to defend is to press high up, hold possession and attack, and if you lose the ball, win it back immediately.

If the team starts leaking some goals his likely answer will be "we need to implement that plan better".

I'm sure he is a decent man who will do his best. He deserves the respect of the Spurs supporters and he will get that from the vast majority because Spurs supporters generally are brilliant.

However;

Spurs were playing in a Champions League final, like City last night, four years ago.

Levy will be charging more to watch Ange's Spurs next season than City will charge their supporters for watching one of the greatest British football teams ever.

I understand Spurs supporters need something to get hold of and we are where we are.

My fear is that with each passing season ENIC FC are disconnecting an ever increasing number of passionate, loyal supporters that will not wish to return until ENIC clear off.

Postecoglou is simply the next casualty of Daniel Levy and ENIC.

It's not if but when?
If only we had appointed Rogers

Considering is a massive job, and he’s being brought in to change things totally, it would be foolish of the club to panic. I would try and stick with him all season, as long as we’re looking like a top half finish. We need to start seeing green shoots of change around November

If the league title is not sewn up by November then levy will need to sack him and get a serial winner in who the players respect
Ange first job will be to get sanchez, winks and tanguy into the starting eleven and make it clear to kane that he needs to up his performance levels or he's out.

I think the fixture list plays a massive part of how he will start. Look at the scum last season, they built up momentum and confidence because they had such easy opening 15 odd fixtures.

Well they made them look easy.

Unless you are saying the only really difficult games in a season are the ones against teams you finish below?

Or teams who end up finishing in the top half are the harder games? First 8 they had us, United, Villa, Brentford and Fulham

First 10 add in Liverpool . On paper not that easy. Not a gimme when the fixtures come out anyway.

I don’t think he’s any different to any other manager in this regard, especially if they’ve had success with a particular approach. We’ve just experienced that with Conte who refused to move away from a back 3 and 2 in midfield when it was obvious to every man and his dog that it wasn’t working.
Biggest difference is Angeball. He was very much influenced by his Father and also Ferenc Puskas (he was coached by at South Melbourne) who instilled that football is about entertaining. Hence the attack attack attack philosophy.

Agree but, many refuse to see what is happening.
He will get the support from the crowd, as long as it's going in the right direction.
Can you see Tottenham in another CL final, with ENIC still in charge.
Unless we go the city route, we are consigned to also rans for a further 23 years.
Even the scum haven't been back to a CL final, sometimes you only get one chance, when you do you have to take it.

For me the starting 11 in the opening few games will be telling. If we stick with the same players like dier,sanchez,sess,lenglet etc then I won't be holding out any hope for change within the club. The start is very important to me I want to see complete change to what we are currently doing as it isn't working and will continue not to work. I can take the suffering if there is a clear change but I'm not suffering the same shit that we have over the last 4 years fuck that.

Well they made them look easy.

Unless you are saying the only really difficult games in a season are the ones against teams you finish below?

Or teams who end up finishing in the top half are the harder games? First 8 they had us, United, Villa, Brentford and Fulham

First 10 add in Liverpool . On paper not that easy. Not a gimme when the fixtures come out anyway.

Yes they were. We all said so at the time. It's why it became increasingly obvious they'd bottle the league because they had all their hardest fixtures towards the end of the season.

Yes they were. We all said so at the time. It's why it became increasingly obvious they'd bottle the league because they had all their hardest fixtures towards the end of the season.

Nope that’s bollocks.
They lost due to feeling the pressure. Not the strength of the teams they were playing.

Unless you think notts Forest and Brighton @home are tough games? Lost those ones.

Beat Newcastle away. Easy game on paper?

Drew with southampton, Liverpool and West Ham . Expect to win. Won’t lose anyway.
Not that hard a game against any of those guys?

That’s your thinking when you saw those fixtures?
When we play those teams that’s really what you think?

Back
Top Bottom