How long do you give Ange to get it right?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many league games patience do you have?

• Total voters
23 points from the first 10 games was better than anyone else at Spurs since Bill Nicholson
Went down the pan after that, but it was the apalling last 10 after Conte went

The football might have been boring but he kept us competing even through the various deaths, healthscares and chaos. Even with most of our defence seemingly trying to help opponents score.

By all means fans can moan about the quality of football. But in terms of results and PPG, he was practically walking on water IMO.

You’re not wrong. If we have elite CBs we might have been a top 4 team under Conte again. There would have been some of the still dreadful performances and I think many of the same issues would still be there but the results under Conte were definitely less of an issue than many give credit. The issue was he was a poor fit in style and recruitment and had a sht attitude.

It's like Levy has called tech support in and they started by asking him if he had rebooted. (Yes, three times with files I downloaded on the internet, I think the Conte virus may be on the hard drive). "Well we're going to have to restore the system to the last point where it worked". (Levy would say, but I've lost the Ponch drive and I don't feel like looking for it again). So now they are wiping Spurs clean and putting in a new operating system (Ange 57.0), realizing that the Kane file may be too large and might have to be deleted.
Levy's been downloading the old Chesty Morgan videos, hasn't he? I knew it as soon as he said, "I've lost the Ponch drive and I don't feel like looking for it again." Nobody LOSES a drive, unless their wife's onto them and they've taken a club hammer to it (it's the only safe way). Presumably his son or daughter was on the PC and accidentally found the vids. Happened to a friend of mine.
I'd advise him to come clean. If his marriage is strong, it will survive, albeit with a slightly less comfortable atmosphere. If it means him getting fewer home baked pies, so be it - he's made his bed, so to speak.

For anyone who's unfamiliar with Chesty Morgan...

iQhJ0HR.png

Have faith mates. Ange has an uncanny nack of getting players to perform out of their skin. And he’s a ruthless mutherfucker too. If he doesn’t see a player adding value to the team or being able to play his style, or merely not buying into the philosophy, see ya, out the door. Irrespective of your standing in the team.
And look, seriously there’s going to be some rough patches, particularly early on, but you will see a noticeable difference.
And yes Ange has a reputation of not being adjustable through a match. Not true. He’s just not that adjustable. His mantra is he’s had success with his philosophy so he won’t change. Why would he? It works. And to see it works until the opposition catches up, bullshit, it’s why he says we keep doing it and get better and better at it.
Spurs will be the fittest squad, he’ll have everyone singing from the same song book and no matter what part of the squad you fall under he’ll have them all ready to run through walls. Can’t wait to watch this all unfold.
Just back him. Don’t be too fickle. Next thing you’ll be the next Roarcelona 😳

Have faith mates. Ange has an uncanny nack of getting players to perform out of their skin. And he’s a ruthless mutherfucker too. If he doesn’t see a player adding value to the team or being able to play his style, or merely not buying into the philosophy, see ya, out the door. Irrespective of your standing in the team.
And look, seriously there’s going to be some rough patches, particularly early on, but you will see a noticeable difference.
And yes Ange has a reputation of not being adjustable through a match. Not true. He’s just not that adjustable. His mantra is he’s had success with his philosophy so he won’t change. Why would he? It works. And to see it works until the opposition catches up, bullshit, it’s why he says we keep doing it and get better and better at it.
Spurs will be the fittest squad, he’ll have everyone singing from the same song book and no matter what part of the squad you fall under he’ll have them all ready to run through walls. Can’t wait to watch this all unfold.
Just back him. Don’t be too fickle. Next thing you’ll be the next Roarcelona 😳

I don’t think he’s any different to any other manager in this regard, especially if they’ve had success with a particular approach. We’ve just experienced that with Conte who refused to move away from a back 3 and 2 in midfield when it was obvious to every man and his dog that it wasn’t working.

Probably part of his thinking, earn enough to set yourself up, whilst knowing you, can't achieve the unachievable.
I'm sure he is a decent man who will do his best. He deserves the respect of the Spurs supporters and he will get that from the vast majority because Spurs supporters generally are brilliant.

However;

Spurs were playing in a Champions League final, like City last night, four years ago.

Levy will be charging more to watch Ange's Spurs next season than City will charge their supporters for watching one of the greatest British football teams ever.

I understand Spurs supporters need something to get hold of and we are where we are.

My fear is that with each passing season ENIC FC are disconnecting an ever increasing number of passionate, loyal supporters that will not wish to return until ENIC clear off.

Postecoglou is simply the next casualty of Daniel Levy and ENIC.

It's not if but when?

I'm sure he is a decent man who will do his best. He deserves the respect of the Spurs supporters and he will get that from the vast majority because Spurs supporters generally are brilliant.

However;

Spurs were playing in a Champions League final, like City last night, four years ago.

Levy will be charging more to watch Ange's Spurs next season than City will charge their supporters for watching one of the greatest British football teams ever.

I understand Spurs supporters need something to get hold of and we are where we are.

My fear is that with each passing season ENIC FC are disconnecting an ever increasing number of passionate, loyal supporters that will not wish to return until ENIC clear off.

Postecoglou is simply the next casualty of Daniel Levy and ENIC.

It's not if but when?
Agree but, many refuse to see what is happening.
He will get the support from the crowd, as long as it's going in the right direction.
Can you see Tottenham in another CL final, with ENIC still in charge.
Unless we go the city route, we are consigned to also rans for a further 23 years.

Oooh
Who's mister grumpy pants today?

And you are calling me an idiot - yet you want to know when we sack a guy who hasn't actually started yet, decided on a transfer - in or out, picked a team, made a press conference or probably been to the ground yet.

God knows what you'll do when we lose the first game in his tenure....... Arrange a lynching, crowd fund the hiring of a professional hit man?

Yet you think I'm bereft of intellect.

Fuck me mate.

Maybe get off the gin and the out of the sun.

Read what I wrote and come back to me.

God knows what you'll do when we lose the first game in his tenure....... Arrange a lynching, crowd fund the hiring of a professional hit man?

Where the fuck did I say anything like this??? If anything it was the total fucking opposite.

Learn to read.

A year for what becomes the question.
I’m assuming:

Year 1 : Turf players who he believes will not fit his system straight away, the rest are all on a trial period. Will establish a l a solid base to build upon.

Year 2: System Becomes more refined and more players brought in who can fit. Positive results create a feeling of forward momentum.

Year 3: Bring in so called “missing pieces of the jigsaw” and tinker with variations within established system. Chance to bring in more established players who will upgrade the quality level.

I’m assuming:

Year 1 : Turf players who he believes will not fit his system straight away, the rest are all on a trial period. Will establish a l a solid base to build upon.

Year 2: System Becomes more refined and more players brought in who can fit. Positive results create a feeling of forward momentum.

Year 3: Bring in so called “missing pieces of the jigsaw” and tinker with variations within established system. Chance to bring in more established players who will upgrade the quality level.

........I meant in terms of what becomes the target for yr 2.

Afterall; isn't that essentially what any patience in yr 1 is in the name of?

I don’t think he’s any different to any other manager in this regard, especially if they’ve had success with a particular approach. We’ve just experienced that with Conte who refused to move away from a back 3 and 2 in midfield when it was obvious to every man and his dog that it wasn’t working.
Except he attacks, then attacks, and then fuck it, attack more. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised 👍

its all good being attack attack attack but we need faster movement up front sons pace has gone and kulu is slow

i actually think a pacy rw or lw is up there with a CB signing for me, so important

its all good being attack attack attack but we need faster movement up front sons pace has gone and kulu is slow

i actually think a pacy rw or lw is up there with a CB signing for me, so important
I don't think Son's pace has gone, yet, it's just that he wasn't played to his strengths.

He still has enough in the tank to make those runs into space, I believe.

He never was, and never will be, a 'back to the goal' striker, which Conte tried to make him do.

If he doesn’t see a player adding value to the team or being able to play his style, or merely not buying into the philosophy, see ya, out the door. Irrespective of your standing in the team.

Out the door - as long as levy can get top dollar for unwanted players.
Otherwise your mate is gonna have to make use of them.

Back
Top Bottom