How long do you give Ange to get it right?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many league games patience do you have?

• Total voters
And tbf Conte did try to change and play more attacking. We got humped every time and from then on our defense fell apart.

A HUGE part of Ange succeeding is Spurs fans not getting swept up into any media narrative about him needing to change.

If the club and fans are really sure that what they want is Ange ball, everyone needs to stick behind it, even when the hive mind is saying he needs to change.

Wish I could pin this post tbh because it hasn't happened since Poch.

When are you talking about?

That is my biggest concern with Ange under Levy. I read a quote where he said something like 'there is no plan B. You just do plan A better'. That's pretty much what we've just had from Conte and we have not had the players capable of carrying out such demands. Ok, the plans are not going to be anything like each other, but there needs to be some flexibility in order to succeed.

He's going to need this coming season (at least) to build the foundations of something and Levy and co have to give him what he needs to achieve it (and I don't mean spending silly money).

To be fair to them, the club are clearly making an effort to turn the ship around. They're taking a punt on a guy who does look like he can bring us the entertainment we crave. Seems like they're trying the Brighton Moneyball system of recruitment. They're dusting the cobwebs off the academy. They're changing the medical staff. They're aiming to sell the weaker links.

He's been appointed not just to get us back to being entertaining to watch but also to unify the fanbase. Giving Ange some time and space to make it all work means giving all of them a bit of time.
That quote about no Plan B worries me. Maybe he just means that he has corp beliefs about football that won't change. If a manager doesn't have humility when he comes to the Premier League there's a good chance he will possess it when he leaves.

I hope Ange will get the FINANCIAL support he wants from the club to improve the squad and results on the pitch and put a smile in our faces in the cold winter weekends.

I do not want to think what Spurs fans will call him in the worst scenario if big Ange fails, may be big "something" LOL
I think the headline would probably be something like-"The Blunder From Down Under"

Last edited:
Im ready for a rollercoaster ride, but I would set a limit. Top half of the table is the floor, if we breach 10th spot then his job comes into question.

Also needs to be improvement in performance and a clear and obvious pathway to something better should results not be great.
If Kane stays for this season I think Spurs will be top 8. In most sport it is the case that innovative managers with a fresh tactical approach do well initially just because teams aren't prepared to counter what they are doing. I don't worry about the first half of next season as much as after Christmas. But even if the wheels fall off and he's gone in two years Spurs would have picked a direction, gotten rid of players who aren't capable of playing in an attacking system, and got the fans reasonably happy. Who knows, maybe Postecoglou is all that people make him out to be. All there is to now is just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Unless we're Everton bad than at least a couple of seasons.

Tbh my enthusiasm for Spurs is at it's lowest for quite some time, probably since Sherwood was manager and we were regularly getting thumped by the good teams and could only beat dross. That salute to Adebayor, what a joke!

Might as well accept we're winning nothing whilst Levy and ENIC remain in charge, who the manager is is almost irrelevant.

Another fucking idiot. Well done

:goonermong::myword::goonermong:

Why bother discussing transfers?? Putting up your preferred teams?? We don’t make transfers or pick the starting 11

Why not just shut the whole page down. There’s no point in any of it then is there.
Oooh
Who's mister grumpy pants today?

And you are calling me an idiot - yet you want to know when we sack a guy who hasn't actually started yet, decided on a transfer - in or out, picked a team, made a press conference or probably been to the ground yet.

God knows what you'll do when we lose the first game in his tenure....... Arrange a lynching, crowd fund the hiring of a professional hit man?

Yet you think I'm bereft of intellect.

Some had said that had it not been for Tuchel, the Chavs could’ve been relegated.

I think the same applies in that had we not ground out some results whilst still under Conte, we’d ended up 15th-16th.

Overly simplistic.

Our form at the end of the season was directly related to the change of coach and also the damage done by Conte already. The fact that he didn't stick around to see it fall apart doesn't mean what was good was because of him and what was bad wasn't his fault.

Overly simplistic.

Our form at the end of the season was directly related to the change of coach and also the damage done by Conte already. The fact that he didn't stick around to see it fall apart doesn't mean what was good was because of him and what was bad wasn't his fault.

Our form even before Conte walked was awful..... What kept us in the top 4 mix until then was Man U & NC dropping lots of points around that same time too.

Last edited:
I'm not up on our finances but we may be set to lose money on one or two players ? Ndombele and Loco perhaps ? Richarlison ? Any money coming in via Harry could be offset ?
From the clubs point of view Ndombele is worth about 11m as he has one year left of his contract. Amortisation and all that. If we got 20m for him it would go down as 9m profit. Who will pay that.
Villa might come for Lo Celso as Emery was his manager at Villarreal .

The likes of Woolwich and Newcastle will be different next season as the champ lge will have an effect on them. Both of them did reasonably well for injuries last season. Won’t necessarily happen again. Same goes for United. None of them have a squad to absorb it.

The likes of Woolwich and Newcastle will be different next season as the champ lge will have an effect on them. Both of them did reasonably well for injuries last season. Won’t necessarily happen again. Same goes for United. None of them have a squad to absorb it.

Equivalent presumably goes for Villa & Brighton too.

Man U will spend up and bulk up as necessary, but yeh; next season is an open book....... Top 6 will level out and be fascinating, but Man C will walk it IMO.

Really depends on table position and results so impossible to know. If we are a relegation situation half way into the season he would need to go. Mid table but some signs of promise? Let him keep going. I have no delusions about the project he is up against, so as long as there is progress he gets my backing.

Difficult to assume that he will do as well as we hope, given that, he will be limited by, working under Levy's flawed/failed set up.
If we finish between 6th -8th that would be amazing in itself, considering the other clubs will spend, in order to really push on, we won't enter that race.

normally when i buy a spurs shirt we have a good season my last one was the green spurs shirt when we made the cl final

bought the shirt this season so who knows maybe an fa cup and top 8 finish

Back
Top Bottom