Spurs v Man City - Sunday 5th Feb, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw that and can't believe the Dad let him make the sign with no correction.

:richclosed:

Made me feel like Stannis Baratheon

79a42b78257233c38e1a6de008a59a08.jpg

“I’m not holding that up, Dad - your spelling is shit!”
“Just do it, I spent a good 45mins on that last night.”

Greaves is my hero. Maybe second hero after Hoddle.

Greaves in todays era would be phenomenal. But with the way transfers are today, he would not spend the 9 years at Spurs. He would have go to RM or similar on a world record transfer.

Lots of ifs and buts when you compare across eras. However this is true - Harry is one of the best strikers in the world of his era. Greaves was the best. No question.
Why would he?
Even though he wasn't a Spurs academy player, he seemed more happy at Spurs of his clubs.

Both Kelly and Macanuff are right. We need to be just as good against sides that don't play ibto our hands abd that's sbout using the squad abd being consistent.

It's also about concentration and players stepping-up.

We are 5th and don't have a player who would get into this season's PL 11 if put together right now.

Yesterday needs to be the springboard for the rest of the season.

I love Greaves, but I'd have to say that for all round talent, Kane takes it.

It's taken Kane 37 games more to beat Greaves' record, but factor in that Greaves was essentially a finished product when we bought him, whilst Kane started his first team career as a youngster just embarking on a top flight career, then you tend to look at Kane in a different light.

He's fully deserving of recognition as our greatest ever striker, though not everyone will agree with this.
A more accurate comparison would be goals to starts. (Not sure how many goals Harry has scored as a sub, though).

AppsGoalsGPG
KANE *4162670.642
GREAVES3792660.702
StartsGoalsGPG
KANE *3672670.728

This is the kind of situation PEH needs to better.

Back
Top Bottom