Spurs v Man City - Sunday 5th Feb, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WXZM9BU.png

*you're
I saw that in-game and cracked up

Is there anyone old enough out there who can compare the two players on different aspects? I am guessing Greaves was more of a natural talent whereas Kane has had to work very hard to get where he is. Aspects to look at such as pace, strength, accuracy, beating the man, passing, creativity etc.
According to Greaves, his skills were honed as a kid playing football with a tennis ball on cobbled streets.
Fairly sure HK would have had a more sophisticated footballing education, including the scientific approach to corporeal tuning and fitness.
Greaves was always last on training runs and fitness, smoked and drank like a whale.

Having just watched the highlights on MOTD2 it's clear that tiredness and the sudden, unexpected death of a member of the coaching staff was a bit of an issue for City.

ZiNS4MQ.png
pdaFv4Y.png

Jimmy was a fabulous goal scorer , he came alive in the box . Harry as well as being a wonderful finisher has the ability to drop and set up play . Two fantastic players who we should thank god played for this wonderful football club . I think your comment is rather foolish , sorry .
Spot on. Imagine the two of them playing as a striking pair, would be even better than Greaves and Gilzean

The fucking state of that comment. Looks like he deleted it as I can't quote it.
Greaves was wonderful in the 50's and 60's
He'd be slow and useless in the 21st century.

That's not a dig at Greaves. Football has changed beyond comprehension today.
Kane could go back in time to Greaves period and with his fitness, might last 10 minutes of a match before getting snapped in half by the typical assault players were subjected to.

You cannot compare them like for like. Same for boxers. The sports change. The science changes.
Greaves would not be useless today ,not on superb pitches. Look at pitches in the 1960’s, in winter they were like WW1 no mans land.

Greaves would not be useless today ,not on superb pitches. Look at pitches in the 1960’s, in winter they were like WW1 no mans land.
Like others have said though, different era. Greaves, a smoker, wouldn't be able to hack 90 minutes of Premier League intensity.

Kane would probably get snapped in half with a tackle from behind in the 60s.

Horses for courses. They're both Tottenham legends, and for that we should be thankful.

Great performance yesterday. I'm really hoping we've turned a bit of a corner now.

Porro on paper should be a great signing. He'll surely go straight in but with the way Emerson has been playing last few games those two pushing each other can only be a good thing and let's pray that's our RWB issues sorted.

I'm not having it that Newcastle are all that. They've over achieved so far. Let's see how they cope when the pressure on them ramps up. We've got lots of tough fixtures out of the way now. If we can keep everyone fit and in form (hopefully Son can keep improving) there is every chance we can make top 4.

Good draws in the FA cup and the CL for us to look forward to.

COYS!

Great performance yesterday. I'm really hoping we've turned a bit of a corner now.

Porro on paper should be a great signing. He'll surely go straight in but with the way Emerson has been playing last few games those two pushing each other can only be a good thing and let's pray that's our RWB issues sorted.

I'm not having it that Newcastle are all that. They've over achieved so far. Let's see how they cope when the pressure on them ramps up. We've got lots of tough fixtures out of the way now. If we can keep everyone fit and in form (hopefully Son can keep improving) there is every chance we can make top 4.

COYS!
Newcastle do drop a lot of points, they draw far too many. They're also in this position with a manager who hasn't been up this end of the Premier League going into the second half of the season before with a squad not used to this pressure, unless you count the pressure of a relegation scrap.

Our squad is still better than theirs and hopefully our terrible injury record this season is now behind us. If we get our shit together than we're finishing above them. I know that's a fairly sized "if", but it's true.

COYS!

I think City suits Royal same as it did Hojbjerg playing like warriors. If we are dealing with a team that sits back then we will need less physicality but more craft that is where the likes of Porro, Bissouma, Sarr etc come in.

Sat in pub watching yesterday. Speaking to a Columbian fella. Ask him who he supports . No one, but likes the scum. Spend the next 10 minutes explaining why they are a cunt club with cunt supporters.
And to Rapist lovers reading in here. You'r gonna fold. We know it and you know it.

I take it he is now a loyal Spur

Personally I wouldn’t have wasted my breath unless he was paying for the beer!

People will say the game is about winning trophies as a fan but yesterday when I witnessed Harry Kane score the winning goal and break Greaves record was a feeling I don't think will ever be repeated. His interview after the game was just fantastic.

It's a once in a lifetime moment which was a privilege to be there for.

The fucking state of that comment. Looks like he deleted it as I can't quote it.
Greaves was wonderful in the 50's and 60's
He'd be slow and useless in the 21st century.

That's not a dig at Greaves. Football has changed beyond comprehension today.
Kane could go back in time to Greaves period and with his fitness, might last 10 minutes of a match before getting snapped in half by the typical assault players were subjected to.

You cannot compare them like for like. Same for boxers. The sports change. The science changes.

Fair enough but I saw a lot of Jimmy and he was like greased lightning so speed wouldn’t be a problem

The fags at HT might though

My all time Spurs legend along with Mackay who would be a revelation in today’s game

Back
Top Bottom