Spurs v Man City - Sunday 5th Feb, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt the second yellow was pretty soft, personally. It was a foul, but not a card for me.

But the ref was questionable, at the very least. I felt like City got away with a couple cynical fouls early that should’ve been yellows. One was Julian Alvarez on Son, and the other escapes me now. But those are yellows…virtually nailed on to me. I guess they were too early or something, but that shouldn’t factor in.
As someone previously mentioned , the refereeing in PL is piss poor .

That goes in my top 5 list of games at our new stadium.

Along with (in no particular order) Palace, City in the CL and the scum last season.
Still mulling over the 5th one to put in the list.

I don't recall any period of time where Tottenham Hotspur were involved that could be described as "simply" though...
Haha agreed. You never know, honestly they get ruffed up by Brentford and we win, then it might start to open up. One game at a time and putting them under pressure would be amusing

Jimmy was a fabulous goal scorer , he came alive in the box . Harry as well as being a wonderful finisher has the ability to drop and set up play . Two fantastic players who we should thank god played for this wonderful football club . I think your comment is rather foolish , sorry .

Is there anyone old enough out there who can compare the two players on different aspects? I am guessing Greaves was more of a natural talent whereas Kane has had to work very hard to get where he is. Aspects to look at such as pace, strength, accuracy, beating the man, passing, creativity etc.

Oh My God Wow GIF

Cant understand people wanting us to lose yesterday. However, if that was the last game of the season and the scum were needing a result I wonder what the consensus here would be?
I would have wanted it to go the way it did for the Kane goal in a win against the Champions. If he broke the record in a 2-1 loss at Newcastle or something it would not be the same.

Bizzare statement........🤔.......you do realise they both played for our club??...
The fucking state of that comment. Looks like he deleted it as I can't quote it.
Greaves was wonderful in the 50's and 60's
He'd be slow and useless in the 21st century.

That's not a dig at Greaves. Football has changed beyond comprehension today.
Kane could go back in time to Greaves period and with his fitness, might last 10 minutes of a match before getting snapped in half by the typical assault players were subjected to.

You cannot compare them like for like. Same for boxers. The sports change. The science changes.

Back
Top Bottom