Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. Sure. Sheffield Wednesday. Lol

look at doherty and tell me we are run well. Its unheard of a player just wanting out these days.

the contempt is ridiculous.

but yeah. You keep white knighting for Levy. Its your personal crusade. If i dint know you better i‘d say he was paying you.

As you said before lets judge him on this summer…..

I remember you saying that 8 or 9 years ago with the bale money and the 3 transfer windows we didnt spend a penny.

Enic is not working. But sure. Lets give levy one more chance…
The Doherty thing is an indefensible farce. No doubt about that. Assuming the reporting of loan then release is correct. And I’ve no reason to doubt that.

Additionally, a very underwhelming window not helping either.

Not sure either of us remember what was said 8 or 9 years ago, but yes, I’m always inclined towards the positive in a situation. I have to believe that the promises made about investment after the stadium opened are still going to be delivered upon. Understanding that the revenue doesn’t arrive on day one. That’s why I pulled four windows out my arse. Summer had better be a belter though.

The Doherty thing is an indefensible farce. No doubt about that. Assuming the reporting of loan then release is correct. And I’ve no reason to doubt that.

Not sure either of us remember what was said 8 or 9 years ago, but yes, I’m always inclined towards the positive in a situation. I have to believe that the promises made about investment after the stadium opened are still going to be delivered upon. Understanding that the revenue doesn’t arrive on day one. That’s why I pulled four windows out my arse. Summer had better be a belter though.

Problem is, this isn't new. Its been a couple of decades of poor judgement. As you well know. We can argue infrastructure. And maybe you would win. Although where have our youth come from? Last in the first team was Tanganga and Winks and they were there before the new academy was built. Villa and leeds beat us on that narrative. Let alone city, liverpool, chelsea and Scum.

But player acquisitions and, well i don't even need to argue.

Failure after failure.

Its true I dint have a golden folder. I cant quite remember verbatim what you said. But you my friend have always been a lets wait and see , maybe teflon has a plan kind of guy.

This isn’t a dig. You’re as Spurs as anyone and just want the team to win. Christ. Youre more spurs than me. I checked out 3 years ago.

But I hate that folks think hes going to change. Its battered wife syndrome. Worse than Stockholm syndrome even.

Even if he did splash the cash I have no confidence from 22 years of observance he CAN change.

Frankly id be gutted we do get 400 million from Qatar with a secondary share option and teflon gets to spend it.

You say we couldn’t realised money straight away from the stadium, but we could have. Even at a cut price 250m naming rights after covid we could have given that to Poch and say rebuild.

Guy is clueless at football. Its as plain as the battered mars bar you eat for tea.

Last edited:
Appoint DoF & have him revampnthe off the field structure.
Give him +/- 120m a year net to spend on transfers.
Appoint elite level manager to coach the team.

What more of a plan are you hoping to see?

To answer my own question it's results, you and others don't want to see a plan you want to see the results - which is fair enough but say it how it is as there clearly is a plan and there clearly is investment and also signs that Levy has brought in 'football people' to make 'football decisions' but because we haven't seen an instant return on the pitch none of that matters.
You're right- I was inexact in my words- I want to see 1) a credible plan to succeed, 2) evidence of tangible success within that plan, and some 3) at least moderately attacking football.

Centre halves -

Man utd: Varane, lisandro martinez
Woolwich: Gabriel fernandes, Saliba, Ben White
Chelsea: Thiago Silva, Koulibaly, Wesley fofana
Liverpool: VVD, Konate, Matip
Man city: Stones, Ruben Dias, Laporte, Akanji

Spurs: Romero, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Lenglet

Why are spurs the only club that can't permanently reinforce the most important position on the pitch?

:pochwtf:

Centre halves -

Man utd: Varane, lisandro martinez
Woolwich: Gabriel fernandes, Saliba, Ben White
Chelsea: Thiago Silva, Koulibaly, Wesley fofana
Liverpool: VVD, Konate, Matip
Man city: Stones, Ruben Dias, Laporte, Akanji

Spurs: Romero, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Lenglet

Why are spurs the only club that can't permanently reinforce the most important position on the pitch?

:pochwtf:
None of those other clubs have Daniel levy.

Problem is, this isn't new. Its been a couple of decades of poor judgement. As you well know. We can argue infrastructure. And maybe you would win. Although where have our youth come from? Last in the first team was Tanganga and Winks and they were there before the new academy was built. Villa and leeds beat us on that narrative. Let alone city, liverpool, chelsea and Scum.

But player acquisitions and, well i don't even need to argue.

Failure after failure.

Its true I dint have a golden folder. I cant quite remember verbatim what you said. But you my friend have always been a lets wait and see , maybe teflon has a plan kind of guy.

This isn’t a dig. You’re as Spurs as anyone and just want the team to win. Christ. Youre more spurs than me. I checked out 3 years ago.

But I hate that folks think hes going to change. Its battered wife syndrome. Worse than Stockholm syndrome even.

Even if he did splash the cash I have no confidence from 22 years of observance he CAN change.

Frankly id be gutted we do get 400 million from Qatar with a secondary share option and teflon gets to spend it.

You say we couldn’t realised money straight away from the stadium, but we could have. Even at a cut price 250m naming rights after covid we could have given that to Poch and say rebuild.

Guy is clueless at football. Its as plain as the battered mars bar you eat for tea.
Can’t argue with much of that. Don’t particularly feel this should be likened to any kind of syndrome. An easy joke there for anyone who wants to take the risk.

It does seem we can’t appear to do anything right. We get to a point where we have the stadium ready to go and a pandemic arrives. We then have a top manager and top DoF and it turns out one doesn’t want to be here and the other is dodgy. We just always seem to be that tough short of what’s needed.

That’s why I’m not ENIC out. I’m also not ENIC in. I don’t really care. I think they’ve done enough to have a couple of years after full stadium opening to show they aren’t all hot air. But if they sold out tomorrow, I’d be fine with it.

I'm hoping we have identified targets we can actually get in the summer for some defenders, and it was just a case that we didnt want to get someone in now who wouldnt be as good as the summer targets?

I'm hoping we have identified targets we can actually get in the summer for some defenders, and it was just a case that we didnt want to get someone in now who wouldnt be as good as the summer targets?
We can only hope that’s the case. Maybe also seeing how younger players develop over the next six months, like Bella Kotchap.

People are always saying there’s no plan at the club and it does look very scattergun at times, but we are surely working towards something. But as I said, I’m taking the summer window as a huge sign of if we are, or if it’s working. Think there are major issues, mainly Conte and Paratici, but hoping for a resolution of some kind soon. What’s life without hope?

Be interesting to see Conte's public comments on this window.

Porro looks like a great addition, Danjuma already off the mark. However, as usual it doesn't feel good enough. Where is the recruitment strategy to improve our central defence? One of the worst in the league.

The deferred payment structure stuff is weird too, it's not like we're trying to dodge FFP! Anyone with any insight in to this logic please share.

:levylol:

Doherty won't be missed but embarrassing stuff from the hierarchy again. No way to treat a professional who's tried his best, even if it wasn't good enough for us. When has that ever happened in elite football before?

Perhaps one step forward and a few back as so many things with Daniel and Spurs. He tried his best I suppose? 4/10 window for me.

Can’t argue with much of that. Don’t particularly feel this should be likened to any kind of syndrome. An easy joke there for anyone who wants to take the risk.

It does seem we can’t appear to do anything right. We get to a point where we have the stadium ready to go and a pandemic arrives. We then have a top manager and top DoF and it turns out one doesn’t want to be here and the other is dodgy. We just always seem to be that tough short of what’s needed.

That’s why I’m not ENIC out. I’m also not ENIC in. I don’t really care. I think they’ve done enough to have a couple of years after full stadium opening to show they aren’t all hot air. But if they sold out tomorrow, I’d be fine with it.

I don't agree, as Kaneson says due to the timespan. We are 2 decades off just being unlucky.

Still, I understand what you argue, and it is a fair point.

I don't agree, as Kaneson says due to the timespan. We are 2 decades off just being unlucky.

Still, I understand what you argue, and it is a fair point.
I’m holding on to the hope that the owners and board aren’t stupid, maybe misdirected. Aye, it’s been twenty years, during which so much has happened outwith our control, it must have been a challenge to keep up. The rise of Chelsea, City and Newcastle, a pandemic, smaller clubs having so much money they no longer have to sell players, the finances in Europe collapsing, etc.

And to counter all of these, the “plan” (if we are believed to have had one) has had to change and we are a big ship to turn around. Then, a year or so ago, we had things in place - a top manager, great stadium, excellent facilities, money coming in and a top DoF. We were signing (and continue to sign) younger talented players to build a squad for today and tomorrow. Looked rosy several months ago when we finished fourth.

But now we have the situations with Conte and Paratici. Our two top hires are in limbo and does that mean the plan will have to change yet again? Who knows. But I believe we are in as strong a position now as we ever have been, just our expectations are higher and the teams that surround us are so much stronger.

I remember the pure joy at white hart lane when we beat Inter 3-1. That was a great night and the fanbase felt united and triumphant.

Super Pav scored that night. We had Hutton and Assou-Ekotto at fullback. Cudicini in goal. There were some great players too but it was a weaker team than today but we were more United and filled with optimism. That’s not because we were a great side but because we had hope that tomorrow might be better than today.

Now it feels like we’ve hit a glass ceiling and while we’ve got one of the most talented sides in our history and one of the better coaches, the football landscape has changed so much and the expectations of fans have risen so much … that it feels like many people will never realistically be satisfied.

I remember the pure joy at white hart lane when we beat Inter 3-1. That was a great night and the fanbase felt united and triumphant.

Super Pav scored that night. We had Hutton and Assou-Ekotto at fullback. Cudicini in goal. There were some great players too but it was a weaker team than today but we were more United and filled with optimism. That’s not because we were a great side but because we had hope that tomorrow might be better than today.

Now it feels like we’ve hit a glass ceiling and while we’ve got one of the most talented sides in our history and one of the better coaches, the football landscape has changed so much and the expectations of fans have risen so much … that it feels like many people will never realistically be satisfied.
That team had 3 special players Modric, VDV and Bale. It also contained some very good players like Lennon and Gallas. We also played what i would concider proper swashbuckling Tottenham football. Now we have 1 special player in Kane, Son was but i fear the worst. Our football has been devoid of entertainment for 4 years, it just feels anti Tottenham, there isnt much fun even when we win. Expectations have risen but its upto the club to get that feeling of togetherness back by appointing the right people and buying the right players. It wont come from fans paying very expensive prices watching more suffer ball.

I’m holding on to the hope that the owners and board aren’t stupid, maybe misdirected. Aye, it’s been twenty years, during which so much has happened outwith our control, it must have been a challenge to keep up.

Interesting but may I present my view:

not misdirected, but stupid (when it comes to footballing business).

They want Spurs to be successful and are great business men, but I don't think they understand football (on all player HR issues at least) and we've had a litany of incidents involving anyone trying to change it.

That team had 3 special players Modric, VDV and Bale. It also contained some very good players like Lennon and Gallas. We also played what i would concider proper swashbuckling Tottenham football. Now we have 1 special player in Kane, Son was but i fear the worst. Our football has been devoid of entertainment for 4 years, it just feels anti Tottenham, there isnt much fun even when we win. Expectations have risen but its upto the club to get that feeling of togetherness back by appointing the right people and buying the right players. It wont come from fans paying very expensive prices watching more suffer ball.
Yes I agree. Nuno was a travesty but that was 4 months so not the reason we are where we are. I think trying to hire « win now » managers in Mourinho and Conte has been a big mistake. We will never fully compete with the likes of a city, Chelsea and now Newcastle. You bring in « win now » managers when you’ve got « win now » money. We don’t.

Bring in a project manager who will play the ballers and get us playing some nice football. Well at least have fun coming to watch the team. I think most people want some unpredictability and some nice football. The « all that matters are the trophies » brigade are a small minority of frustrated weirdos.

Yes I agree. Nuno was a travesty but that was 4 months so not the reason we are where we are. I think trying to hire « win now » managers in Mourinho and Conte has been a big mistake. We will never fully compete with the likes of a city, Chelsea and now Newcastle. You bring in « win now » managers when you’ve got « win now » money. We don’t.

Bring in a project manager who will play the ballers and get us playing some nice football. Well at least have fun coming to watch the team. I think most people want some unpredictability and some nice football. The « all that matters are the trophies » brigade are a small minority of frustrated weirdos.
Yeah agree with that. Personally all i want fron Tottenham is to be competitive, play good football and actually look forward to the games. Trophies would be a nice by product of that. Mourinho, Nuno and even Conte were really bad short term appointments, bar around 10 games last spring its been a shocking 4 years. Ultimately though, like in any company the buck stops with the man making these unsuitable appointments.

Interesting but may I present my view:

not misdirected, but stupid (when it comes to footballing business).

They want Spurs to be successful and are great business men, but I don't think they understand football (on all player HR issues at least) and we've had a litany of incidents involving anyone trying to change it.
So isn’t the hiring of Conte and Paratici trying to solve this lack of football understanding? Everyone wanted Levy to step back from the football side, so he hired Paratici (turned out to not be a great hire, but who knew?). Maybe we should have done more due diligence, I’m not sure.

Back
Top Bottom