Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is the thing. Nobody have been able to prove that ENIC, who are happy to brag about themselves, have ever EVER put a penny into the club. Not one quote, not one page of the books. Ever.
Because they haven't put a penny in.
Nobody has claimed otherwise.
Nor do we have any proof that the RE is making "profits", let alone rental profits for £30m in a couple of years (lol).

What we do know, is that 1) the RE devs are a part of the company and 2) that they are worth more than done than before and thus ENICs investment is worth a whole lot more money.
All revenues received by THFC is spent on THFC.

I don't know if THFC own land, flats, hotel etc.
If they are then any profits made on those are used by THFC.

The problem is that Enic have a multitude of companies linked to, but not owned by, THFC.

All I know is that nobody has found anything wrong with THFC accounts ever.
Not the auditors, the inland revenue, or even by the independent accountants hired by the trust to look into where the revenue has been spent.

Because Klopps team has gotten old and it’s been 7 months.

Mourinho has done fuck all since 2016. That’s 7 fucking years. Yeah, an FA cup and Europa (which was a cakewalk of fixtures) with United but he was a disaster there and that is not up to their standard and the stupid amount of money they spent. When he was hired, Pep had similarly just come to the PL, and the talk was about how those 2 would battle for the league title, but United never came close.

Then he did fuck all here and fuck all at Roma despite spending the highest amount in the league.

Finished the exact same place in the league they did before. Won a 3rd tier cup that hadn’t even existed a year before by beating vitesse, Bodo Glimt, Leicester and Feyenord. Woopty do.

Compare that to klopp having one bad season after making 4 cup finals last season and winning 2.
No ,i argue he was overachieved at united. They have spend over 650m since they sacked him and still won fck all. Done all right at spurs considering spurs also has spend over 250m since they sacked him and won fck all as well. prime time serial winner manager conte struggled at spurs even though he has spend more is the prove that Mourinho didn't do a bad job

Also considering how hostile the place he has to work at ( both united and spurs didn't allow him to get rid of players he didn't like , unlike Pep who just got rid of cancelo no fuss ) he has done a brilliant job

Won trophy at roma , that club hasn't win anything for 14 years, he came and broke their trophy drought, that's still a special achievement

If you look at klopp, he was underachieving actually ,8 seasons , over 800m spend,only won like 5 cups . Won nothing in his first 3 seasons and now already destroyed the club he himself build, if that was Mourinho people would say he is a finished dinosaur too

Bottom line is , if you sack a manager , then spend hundreds of million, then still look shit , then the manager you just sack was never the problem

Last edited:
Because they haven't put a penny in.
Nobody has claimed otherwise.

All revenues received by THFC is spent on THFC.

I don't know if THFC own land, flats, hotel etc.
If they are then any profits made on those are used by THFC.

The problem is that Enic have a multitude of companies linked to, but not owned by, THFC.

All I know is that nobody has found anything wrong with THFC accounts ever.
Not the auditors, the inland revenue, or even by the independent accountants hired by the trust to look into where the revenue has been spent.
Why would anyone find anything wrong with their finances? It’s up to ENIC where they invest the money made , be that a player or a cinema , it’s not illegal

But you do have to ask why all infrastructure is linked solely to the club & not ENIC / Tavistock

The football club has already built more than 400 homes near its new stadium. Last year, Spurs unveiled proposals for more than 900 new homes at three sites – Goods Yard, The Depot and Printworks – representing a significant increase on previously-approved plans.
Finances are out soon but I doubt if it’ll be any clearer

Chelsea will have spent well over half a billion in 8 months. Let’s not pretend these eye watering sums are normal. They are unbelievable, even in the modern game. Completely absurd.

Chelsea have spent more than the entirety of La Liga this season. It’s nuts.
Its dodgy as fuck.
About time the authorities had a serious look into 'the Chelsea project'

It's not dodgy they are just exploiting the system in a way no one else has before - the way i understand it if they have spent (example figures for ease) 500m on players tied down on 5 year contracts that means on the books they have spent 100m this year only, but are tied in to having a 100m spend for each of the next 4 years, before they do any business on top. That's potentially a risky way of going about things but i guess they probably feel, given the size and value of their squad (including all youngsters out on loan or at the club poachedfrom around the world) that they will be able to offload players each summer to help fund their buying each year.

Potentially a masterstroke and potentially a catastrophe but it's going to be interesting watching it play out.

What i don't understand is what happens to the amortisation of the players bought in before the new owners came in? Surely they have a value coming out of the books each season currently on top of the above 100m example for new players? Perhaps it was all written off with the takeover?

Last edited:
Seems like football to some people has come down to how much you spend. Honestly, if fans who complain about ENIC have no local or family ties to Spurs, why don’t they just go and support Chelsea? To them the point of football seems to be owners spending money 😂 What a sad bunch of twats.

Why would anyone find anything wrong with their finances? It’s up to ENIC where they invest the money made , be that a player or a cinema , it’s not illegal
I'll rephrase.
The Trust hired independent accountants to see if Enic were taking money from THFC to use in businesses that were not owned by THFC.
They found zero evidence.

Nor has anyone else who has looked over the accounts, this includes fans who'd love to prove that this is what Enic do.

The fact is nobody has found any evidence of this, ever.
But you do have to ask why all infrastructure is linked solely to the club & not ENIC / Tavistock

Finances are out soon but I doubt if it’ll be any clearer
This is a fair point.
As I said earlier Enic have set up a lot of companies under the Spurs umbrella that are not owned by THFC.
Some of these have "Tottenham Hotspur" in their name (I think?) but have nothing to do with the club.

Here's a list

So, for example, I have no idea whether "Tottenham Hotspur Property Company Ltd" is owned by THFC or not.

If it is then it could be that THFC money was used for building homes.
If it isn't then THFC money was definitely not used.

I'll rephrase.
The Trust hired independent accountants to see if Enic were taking money from THFC to use in businesses that were not owned by THFC.

Nor has anyone else who has looked over the accounts, this includes fans who'd love to prove that this is what Enic do.

This is a fair point.
As I said earlier Enic have set up a lot of companies under the Spurs umbrella that are not owned by THFC.
Some of these have "Tottenham Hotspur" in their name (I think?) but have nothing to do with the club.

Here's a list

So, for example, I have no idea whether "Tottenham Hotspur Property Company Ltd" is owned by THFC or not.

I assume the Trust would have shouted long and loud if there’d been a line in the accounts saying “purchase of a fuck load of land and apartment building” on the outgoing side but nothing on the income side. But some clarification from the club would be great.

I expected the new stadium to show a marked shift in our player acquisition and whilst we are spending decent money, it’s not to the levels I expected as yet.

But I’ve said before, I’d give them until the end of the summer window this year before my toys leave the pram.

It's not dodgy they are just exploiting the system in a way no one else has before - the way i understand it if they have spent (example figures for ease) 500m on players tied down on 5 year contracts that means on the books they have spent 100m this year only, but are tied in to having a 100m spend for each of the next 4 years, before they do any business on top. That's potentially a risky way of going about things but i guess they probably feel, given the size and value of their squad (including all youngsters out on loan or at the club poachedfrom around the world) that they will be able to offload players each summer to help fund their buying each year.

Potentially a masterstroke and potentially a catastrophe but it's going to be interesting watching it play out.

What i don't understand is what happens to the amortisation of the players bought in before the new owners came in? Surely they have a value coming out of the books each season currently on top of the above 100m example for new players? Perhaps it was all written off with the takeover?

Agree. When you look at some of those contracts, you can't help hoping for a Mo Sissoko somewhere in that lot coming in.

If we struggle to offload our soft tissue players, imagine how it will be for them offloading players in those wage brackets (assuming wages are as inflated as the fees)

I think it's a good idea to periodically remind ourselves exactly what our owners are all about, guys.

Eb80wIzUYAAi6jr

Worst part for me was Levy admitting that ‘neither Lewis or himself was particularly keen on football’
Damning imv

Worst part for me was Levy admitting that ‘neither Lewis or himself was particularly keen on football’
Damning imv

Yeah that Todd Boehly was a season ticket holder at Chelsea since he was a kid, loved Kerry Dixon with posters of him on his wall and probably is the biggest Chelsea fan ever, now he’s spending all that money through his love of football.

Sorry soccer.

Heard he has headhunter tattooed on his bicep as well. (From when he worked in recruitment)

I'll rephrase.

This is a fair point.

Here's a list

It’s like going down a rabbit hole trying to find out who is what when you look at property companies related to THFC , I think there’s about 5 or so . Company house gives you an idea but some of the figures are puzzlingly small & I’ve no idea which properties they are connected to.

Back
Top Bottom