Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (1st Jan - 2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a shite game that was. Not the first time, and have a feeling it won’t be the last time I regret waking up at an ungodly hour to watch us just plodder about a bit.

First goal was an absolute farce and sums us up pretty well. 4 defenders being slow to react while Lloris has a brain fart.

The classic 87th minute Spence sub is also really starting to grind my gears. Stop putting the kid on when we’re 2-0 down with a handful of minute to play. It’s not doing anybody any good

You wonder what goes through his mind as he does things like that!

I’m done with him

Never seen so many of these things than over the last few games.. Those selling these outside the ground should be chased down the high road.. All that is wrong with Modern football.. up there with VAR

So pissed off tonight- 11 hours I was out today to go watch that turgid pile of shit. That bottle of whisky us about to get a seeing to...

coys..

Yep. Left the house at 9.15am and got in at 18.30pm.

£55 for the ticket
£17 train fare
£17 on drinks in the ground
£7 on the cheapest food item in the ground
£5 on a drink & peanuts on the way home

£101.

Would have been more but got a lift so didn't have to pay for parking.

I refuse to be mugged off any longer.

And I’m having a melt, but I’m really fucking bored of Kane.

We’re Tottenham. We should be playing expansive, attacking football.

He presses like a fucking walrus.

We’re set up like an U15s school side to help one player.
He is our best player and the only player capable of anything. The dogshit around him is the reason. No one is told to press clearly. To say you're bored of our best player is a joke! We are not setup for one player at all

I’ve been concerned all season even during ‘our best ever start to a Premier League season’ that we were playing so poorly. I simply didn’t but I to the narrative of we’re winning playing badly and just wait everyone until we find our form.

Of the 15 games before World Cup, we won 9, drew 2 lost 4. We drew at Chavs and Spammers and most to Woolwich, Man U, Dippers and Newcastle. The worry I had was we’d hadn’t really dropped any what you would call ‘silly points’ in games you’d be expecting to win.

In just under a week we’ve drawn at Brentford and most at home to Villa. I’m very concerned about Crystal Palace up next and just feel now eve moved to a stage where we can drop points to anyone in the league

I’ve been concerned all season even during ‘our best ever start to a Premier League season’ that we were playing so poorly. I simply didn’t but I to the narrative of we’re winning playing badly and just wait everyone until we find our form.

Of the 15 games before World Cup, we won 9, drew 2 lost 4. We drew at Chavs and Spammers and most to Woolwich, Man U, Dippers and Newcastle. The worry I had was we’d hadn’t really dropped any what you would call ‘silly points’ in games you’d be expecting to win.

In just under a week we’ve drawn at Brentford and most at home to Villa. I’m very concerned about Crystal Palace up next and just feel now eve moved to a stage where we can drop points to anyone in the league
The football is worse than George Graham's phase which led to ENIC.

You couldn't make it up really.

Watching today was torture.

Bryan Gil falling over if the wind changed direction. Son looking completely frustrated and unhappy. The back three all getting booked one after the other. And then Conte decides to give game time, to all 3 of his right backs, having ignored two of them for 6 months.

Conte looked resigned to his fate when the 2nd went in.

Last edited:

Quite simply if a first class manager like Conte fails at Spurs it's because the squad isn't good enough. And if the squad isn't good enough it's because of Levy.

We have hit our ceiling under ENIC. Top 5 to 7. It's a fucking disgrace that they are charging those ticket prices for this avalanche of shit.

Conte is a very very stubborn and somewhat spiteful person to be totally honest. Putting Spence on like that is just such and petty and spiteful thing to do when it's clear he doesn't rate him.

The Emerson sub as well just so odd. He couldn't just do Spence for Doherty a little earlier?
It's not that he doesn't rate him.

In fact, I suspect it's the opposite and he knows he'll have a big impact and then Levy will say, "see.", and he'll lose leverage re. transfers, going forward.

This is what's at the bottom of it.

Poor Djed is the object of a power play.

Horrible situation to be in.

So damaging.

But that bald cunt absolutely KNEW Conte wouldn't tolerate him putting players on him and STILL went ahead and did it, to test the waters.

Only possible outcome was friction.

Quite simply if a first class manager like Conte fails at Spurs it's because the squad isn't good enough. And if the squad isn't good enough it's because of Levy.

We have hit our ceiling under ENIC. Top 5 to 7. It's a fucking disgrace that they are charging those ticket prices for this avalanche of shit.
It's fraud.

The problem is now clear to me.

I actually think we’ve bought some good players in recent years to support our existing quality players. But nobody could’ve expected our existing stars to all of a sudden go to shite. If Hugo, Dier, Son, even Lucas were all having just average seasons, we’d comfortably be second in the league. Couple more goals from Son, couple fewer howlers from Hugo and Dier, we’re sitting pretty.

The last couple years we’ve been rebuilding with the loss of Poch, Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Dembele…now comes the Hugo, Son, possibly Kane rebuild.

So pissed off tonight- 11 hours I was out today to go watch that turgid pile of shit. That bottle of whisky is about to get a seeing to...

coys..
I assume you mean drinking rather than inserting...?
Keep the cap on if that's the case... don't wanna create a vacuum!!!!

Yep. Left the house at 9.15am and got in at 18.30pm.

£55 for the ticket
£17 train fare
£17 on drinks in the ground
£7 on the cheapest food item in the ground
£5 on a drink & peanuts on the way home

£101.

Would have been more but got a lift so didn't have to pay for parking.

I refuse to be mugged off any longer.

How many drinks did you get for £17?

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

It's not that he doesn't rate him.

Poor Djed is the object of a power play.

Horrible situation to be in.

So damaging.

But that bald cunt absolutely KNEW Conte wouldn't tolerate him putting players on him and STILL went ahead and did it, to test the waters.

Only possible outcome was friction.
There's a spite there on a par with when Jose called out Dele so publicly a few years back...
expecting Spence to change a game in 2 minutes when we need 3 goals is simply unfair... or maybe he thinks he can recreate Bergweign's heroics at Leicester each week!!

He either really rates him or rrally hates him... seems there's no in between!

Back
Top Bottom