Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are a stepping stone club, you didn't reply regarding Romero who will not stay long.
Erikson was only couple of seasons ago, and Kane will go next season most likely so there is your answer.
Eriksen spent god knows how many years with us and ran his contract down because he wanted to try something different. Neymar left Barca, Ronaldo left ManU (the first time), etc. does that make them a stepping stone club? A club who takes cheap punts to sell for big fees?

Eriksen spent god knows how many years with us and ran his contract down because he wanted to try something different. Neymar left Barca, Ronaldo left ManU (the first time), etc. does that make them a stepping stone club? A club who takes cheap punts to sell for big fees?
Look he wanted better no problem with that.
Just because Kane didn't leave doesn't mean we are not a stepping stone club because we are.
Had city came in with a suitable bid, he would have left, just because he didn't doesn't change much.
Why on earth would he stay at this rotten club, levy likes to buy low sell high, what can't you see

Look he wanted better no problem with that.
Just because Kane didn't leave doesn't mean we are not a stepping stone club because we are.
Had city came in with a suitable bid, he would have left, just because he didn't doesn't change much.
Why on earth would he stay at this rotten club, levy likes to buy low sell high, what can't you see
There you go calling us a selling club again. Who have we ever bought low to sell high? Eriksen was a great servant for the club and didn’t move for better, he moved for different. . Walker, Modric and Bale pretty much forced their moves. So who fits your description.

There you go calling us a selling club again. Who have we ever bought low to sell high? Eriksen was a great servant for the club and didn’t move for better, he moved for different. . Walker, Modric and Bale pretty much forced their moves. So who fits your description.
Erikson didn't move for better? He moved to Milan and was successful no?
Walker, modric and bale all wanted out for probably individual and sporting reasons all of whom have gone on to better things than sticking around at spurs.
You must know this and also know, that, we don't buy the top players because we sign promising players before they make it big.

Wow, you're asking me to predict the future of Romero who has just signed a 4/5 year contract with us.

Eriksen ran his contract down because the club didn't want to sell him. Levy didn't sell Kane when City offered £100m. Kane is more likely to sign a new contract.

But still... who have we sold since Walker to make us a stepping stone club???

He’s making assumptions based on his own negative outlook on life. Zero proof. Just assumptions and guesswork about Kane and Romero.

Leave him to his misery. He’s not worth it lol.

Still…the one thing I do now agree with old misery guts there is ENIC out. Need to move on now.

Walker, modric and bale all wanted out for probably individual and sporting reasons all of whom have gone on to better things than sticking around at spurs.
You must know this and also know, that, we don't buy the top players because we sign promising players before they make it big.
We don’t buy Messi or Mbappe you are correct.

but we bought Richy, Bissouma , Ndombele, Romero, Lo Celso, Sanchez, Perisic, Kulu, Son etc for big money when they were regarded as the next step from World Class. Some have proven to not make the step, but some have kicked on.

That doesn’t make us a selling club or a buy low sell high club. That just means we don’t have the financial resources to compete at the top table. We buy at our level, a Top 10 European team.

Jeez. We would have bought Bastoni and Diaz if they would come, we offered the money they chose not to. Such is life.

Maybe we have a billionaire waiting in the wings who has loved Spurs all their life to buy the club and help us make that step. But I wouldn’t hold your breath. More likely when ENIC sells it will be to an American or Arabian sports washer.

You can call ENIC a lot of things, but we are not a (player) selling club.

When Conte choose to bring on Gill and Sarr but reversed it after Kane scored, I think that was quite a weak mentality thing to do. If there were issues in the team, and there were, surely Kane scoring an absolute peach of header out of the blue doesn't change that.
the only reason he probably decided not to do this was he didnt want to mess with the momentum we had. maybe changing the midfield would mess with that, however taking son off for gil would probably actually give the momentum an extra kick. son offered nothing and if anything gil would of come on and turned up the intensity on them. i can understand why you wouldnt want to mess with the midfield when you have momentum though.

None of those constitute buying them young with the intent of selling a couple of year later for profit.

Your original claim was a lie.

Kane is using us a stepping stone club??? He’s been with us for 18 years 😂😂

Harry Kane and THFC visualised as a stepping stone.

The-Largest-Stone-in-the-World-2.jpg

Have said it before and no doubt will say it again.

At the top level individual mistakes and moments of brilliance tend to be the difference.

I think too many of our defensive players are capable of making those mistakes.

At the other end the flashes of brilliance from Son for one have definitely been a lot less this year.

2023 is a big year for Levy / Conte to decide what they want to do. A lot of stick or twist questions in the squad.

It was the dullard part I took exception to. I am an antiques dealer to clarify which might seem dull to some but I enjoy it.
What do you reckon you can get for Joe Lewis?

I watched the game back yesterday. We weren't that bad and they were very good. I like Brentford and the way they swarm. High energy stuff. I watched it with a dipper mate and he said 'you lot are never not entertaining in the second half this season'.

When I'm watching these things in the heat of the moment, every little thing gets amplified to the power of ten, but in the cool light of day, I don't think we were dreadful or anything. An unfortunate deflection and a superb bit of poaching from Toney for them; magnificent header from Kane and cool thinking from Pierre for us. Even stevens.

We could have done better with Bentancur, Romero and Richarlison to call on, so it's not all doom and gloom.

A fair few around the internets seem bothered by Conte's remarks about recruiting young players on a more humble wage. We did exactly that last January and got the Juventus duo ... two of our current best.

Buy shrewd, fire a rocket up all their arses and we can still get top four.

To challenge for the title? Yeah, we're gonna need a bigger boat, so to speak.

What do you reckon you can get for Joe Lewis?

I watched the game back yesterday. We weren't that bad and they were very good. I like Brentford and the way they swarm. High energy stuff. I watched it with a dipper mate and he said 'you lot are never not entertaining in the second half this season'.

When I'm watching these things in the heat of the moment, every little thing gets amplified to the power of ten, but in the cool light of day, I don't think we were dreadful or anything. An unfortunate deflection and a superb bit of poaching from Toney for them; magnificent header from Kane and cool thinking from Pierre for us. Even stevens.

We could have done better with Bentancur, Romero and Richarlison to call on, so it's not all doom and gloom.

A fair few around the internets seem bothered by Conte's remarks about recruiting young players on a more humble wage. We did exactly that last January and got the Juventus duo ... two of our current best.

Buy shrewd, fire a rocket up all their arses and we can still get top four.

To challenge for the title? Yeah, we're gonna need a bigger boat, so to speak.

Joe is worth about 4 billion.

Your ratings would be appreciated over on the ratings thread. You seem to have a balanced opinion of the game .

Just seen the goals. What a dogshit defence we have. I don’t understand how Dier backs off his player in 1v1 and always give them space to do anything they want and he still thinks he’s doing the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom