Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having now deep dived the game on Spursplay I have upgraded Tanganga from 4 to 5 and Dier 5 to 6.

Some observations from the second half.

On their second goal which was apparently all Diers fault.....who was marking Noorguard for the flicked header ?

Dier created Kanes goal with a long pass which apparently he is crap at. Dier did over hit a cross but he was in attack and driving us forward at least.

Ref gave no yellow for Zanka putting his hand in Dohertys face, borderline red.

Ref gave nothing for flailing elbow into Lenglets head which drew blood, penalty review at least ?

Possible hand ball in box pen shout , Perisic convinced, not even reviewed.

Nasty foul on Hojbjerg calf high up, definite yellow, nothing given.

Ref didn't impress me.

Harry Kane was not sold when he clearly wanted to leave.

Levy was happy to take the money for Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale. Kane is better than all of these players but Levy did not make a serious attempt to keep any of these players at the club.
That's quite a statement....

I care about Spurs.

I have a cockeral tattooed on my calf so I will always have a dog in the fight.

I packed up going to watch because of ENIC so I have little love for them or their business model.

I signed up for the forum to express my opinions.
I have a calf tattooed on my cockerel.....

Harry Kane was not sold when he clearly wanted to leave.

Why was that?

Because Daniel Levy knows that if he sells Harry Kane he is finished at Spurs.

Levy was happy to take the money for Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale. Kane is better than all of these players but Levy did not make a serious attempt to keep any of these players at the club.

ENIC and Levy have built Spurs teams that have continually qualified for the Europa League and subsequently the Champions League. Europa League is the minimum requirement for the ENIC project as far as the football side is concerned. The overall wage budget is the bottom line for Levy and ENIC.

Champions League football is a bonus if it can be secured.

Clubs that continually sell their best players, before and during their peak years, are selling clubs.

Spurs started to do this under Alan Sugar. ENIC have continued with it. ENIC have no ambition to pay the top wages to the top players. They would rather sell a top player than pay them more money to stay and bring in other players, on similar wages, to genuinely compete with the best. Before Sugar we often bought the best players in the league, from other clubs, and broke transfer records.

ENIC and Levy have used the tried and tested model that West Ham have used since the 1960's in respect of player recruitment.

You are in denial about it.

You’re not denying that you’re a Gooner then?

I care about Spurs.

I have a cockeral tattooed on my calf so I will always have a dog in the fight.

I packed up going to watch because of ENIC so I have little love for them or their business model.

I signed up for the forum to express my opinions.

*cockerel

Further proof that you’re not Spurs

:harrylol::harrylol:

You’re not denying that you’re a Gooner then?
Of course I'm not a gooner or a troll.

I just make my points and don't get vexed.

I've rattled a few on here who probably want to undermine my credibility.

How can I prove I'm not a gooner?

If anyone on here used to read the MEHSTG fanzine I wrote a regular piece for them from 99- 05.

My Spurs credentials are sound.

The Boy Hotspur shadow banned me for disagreeing with him once too often.

These things happen on forums.

Is there no Villa match thread yet or am I missing something?
Ah... an hour and a half after I posted this, a wanker I have on ignore has started it.

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

...And then duck out when someone engages with them?

Strange; you don't seem the type.
I had to take my son to the train station at lunch time.

I'm not ducking out of anything.

ENIC's ownership is a divisive subject.

I hated them at the point I packed up my season ticket but I will concede that their efforts off the pitch, regarding the training ground, stadium and infrastructure generally are actually quite remarkable.

They've elevated the club in stature through these efforts.

I'm also prepared to concede that the points totals and European competition qualifications have been a marked improvement upon the previous owners efforts to push the club forward.

What I'm concerned about once again, regarding these jokers, is that having built the best club stadium in the world it appears they are happy to just sit back and wait for something to happen while giving managers meagre resources but charging supporters premium prices.

They make Spurs look ridiculous.

If they do not intend to seriously invest in the playing squad they should sell up now. It's gone on for too long.

The club and the supporters deserve some success.

I had to take my son to the train station at lunch time.

I'm not ducking out of anything.

You replied to me at 2;06 and 2;20 - literally minutes later; yet ducked the actual points that I put to you.

ENIC's ownership is a divisive subject.

I hated them at the point I packed up my season ticket but I will concede that their efforts off the pitch, regarding the training ground, stadium and infrastructure generally are actually quite remarkable.

They've elevated the club in stature through these efforts.

I'm also prepared to concede that the points totals and European competition qualifications have been a marked improvement upon the previous owners efforts to push the club forward.

What I'm concerned about once again, regarding these jokers, is that having built the best club stadium in the world it appears they are happy to just sit back and wait for something to happen while giving managers meagre resources but charging supporters premium prices.

They make Spurs look ridiculous.

If they do not intend to seriously invest in the playing squad they should sell up now. It's gone on for too long.

The club and the supporters deserve some success.

(Another mini-essay, but you won't dare go point for point on the FACTS of your original statement...... That's the "ducking" aspect of this scenario.)

It's all vague ENIC conspiracies and storytelling, regaling us about how proper you are and how other forums and posters have got it in for you.

...............You debate like the conspiracy nuts on twitter that just defend their theories with even more conspiracies rather than compelling evidence and arguments.

Carry on... You do you. This clearly won't go anywhere.

Having now deep dived the game on Spursplay I have upgraded Tanganga from 4 to 5 and Dier 5 to 6.

Some observations from the second half.

On their second goal which was apparently all Diers fault.....who was marking Noorguard for the flicked header ?

Dier created Kanes goal with a long pass which apparently he is crap at. Dier did over hit a cross but he was in attack and driving us forward at least.

Ref gave no yellow for Zanka putting his hand in Dohertys face, borderline red.

Ref gave nothing for flailing elbow into Lenglets head which drew blood, penalty review at least ?

Possible hand ball in box pen shout , Perisic convinced, not even reviewed.

Nasty foul on Hojbjerg calf high up, definite yellow, nothing given.

Ref didn't impress me.
Surprised there wasn't more said about that. He is normally a decent official but he had a really poor match.

I wonder how much the condition of the pitch had to do with some things we saw. I think it impacted some of the shots in terms of there being not much on them and also a few passes.

You replied to me at 2;06 and 2;20 - literally minutes later; yet ducked the actual points that I put to you.

(Another mini-essay, but you won't dare go point for point on the FACTS of your original statement...... That's the "ducking" aspect of this scenario.)

It's all vague ENIC conspiracies and storytelling, regaling us about how proper you are and how other forums and posters have got it in for you.

...............You debate like the conspiracy nuts on twitter that just defend their theories with even more conspiracies rather than compelling evidence and arguments.

Carry on... You do you. This clearly won't go anywhere.
I see.

You're a chimney sweep are you?

I don't wrestle with chimney sweeps.

I find that doing so often leaves you covered in soot.

You need a new approach.

Some of the 'critics' on here are at least amusing or have other redeeming qualities.

Your observations are a bit boring and humourless if you don't mind me saying.

You need to up your game.

I see.

You're a chimney sweep are you?

I don't wrestle with chimney sweeps.

I find that doing so often leaves you covered in soot.

You need a new approach.

Some of the 'critics' on here are at least amusing or have other redeeming qualities.

Your observations are a bit boring and humourless if you don't mind me saying.

You need to up your game.

Top stuff...... :nunothumb:

Back
Top Bottom