Brentford v Spurs Boxing Day 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest with you I can't even be bothered to get into a conversation with you about Spurs and Conte because you are easily one of the most negative, boring and repetitive posters on here I really don't wanna waste my time. I've responded to you before but you just have a clear agenda against Conte and don't have anything constructive to say. It's always when Spurs lose you pipe up and it's boring now.
No agenda but you’ll lots of post from others saying the sane thing, lack ambition, too defensive, no subs, tactical changes, stubborn I’m not giving other players a chance and keep playing donkeys, style of play and so on. If you see something different then good luck to you. Im
Calling it as I’m watching a gane unfold and seeing the shit that is served up. However on the flip side when we want to play we can actually look good. Which is the bit that boils my piss.

It all adds up to, poch coming back, young cheap punts as signings.
Try to polish them up for a year or two, then big clubs will come in for them, and we start again rinse and repeat.
Minimal to no challenge for trophies, but football might be mildly more exciting, the tills will ring over and ENIC are happy#operationfanexperience
Sad but likely...

In fairness to him he has made clear observations which can't be denied.

Conte is a tactically inflexible, slow to react manager based on his performances this season.

Similar adjectives were used to describe the DINOSAUR, Jose.

Kane scored yesterday and he sat down the 3 subs he was about to make to keep it steady. Even though we were still losing. Why? Fucking remove the shackles and go for it!

This business of trusting his system will be his overall downfall.
Exactly! However some people are blinkered and see some sort of messiah in conte that his methods are unquestionable. We just need to look at the games to see how we play, player selections like royal, subs again just the one yday Cb for Cb and not giving any other players a chance. What’s wrong with calling that out. Happens every game even after 6/7 week break. Not on fir £15/Year.

Watching the first goal back again is just depressing. Almost every single player is just ball watching with no idea what the players around them are doing.

Japh goes in for a high ball with Toney (from behind) which he is never going to win and takes himself out of the play, forcing Dier to come across and apply feeble pressure. Lenglet is just staring at the ball the entire time and never once looks around to see if there is danger. Hojbjerg does the same thing, just stares at the ball while the eventual goal scorer runs past him. Bissouma does it too, he’s hypnotised by the ball that’s 30 yards away from him and drifts towards it pointlessly leaving the eventual assister unchallenged at the back post. Neither the scorer or assister were even noticed by any of our defensive players before the ball went into the goal.

Not hard to understand why we are conceding goals when you’ve got about 6 players who aren’t even looking at where the opposing players are.

I usually dont do this but...
cretinousgoat cretinousgoat SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs SuitenguSpurs LEGO Boy LEGO Boy Top_Spur Top_Spur Parklane13 Parklane13

maybe you can come out and explain one of the following things -
1) what had Son done this season before Brentford game to deserve a place in starting XI? While answering, please do keep in mind that this season (prior to Brendford) he has started 12 games in EPL and in those games he has scored 0 and assisted 2 goals.
or
2) what did Son do in this game to help us win the game? I watched it quite closely, and from 90 minutes I remember 1 decent ball-carrying close to Brendford box. There was one half decent cross to Kane into box. And there was one shot in extra time that ended up being too close to the goalkeeper. At the same time Kane scored a goal and Kulusevski made an assist.

As a bonus question, if you have time and will, you can answer - did you find our midfield to be overran in first 60 minutes and might it be possible that 3rd CM would have helped in that regard?

Son is a world class player who has been called this on many occasions. I completely appreciate he hasn't been in the best of form this season but he has the ability to change the game in a moment. If you compare it to the situation with Mo Salah I think last season where he was really out of form its very similar, Klopp didn't drop him on regular occasions. I still fully believe Son will come good again.

I'm not one to call out players after a bad run, he won the golden boot last season and has been brilliant for us since he played for us so I have full faith in him playing still.

On the bonus question, how many times have fans called for 3-5-2 and it didn't work in certain games? Fans have been calling for 3-5-2 on a regular occasion since we beat Leicester away last season. It works in certain games and situations but I don't think that was the reason for dropping points yesterday.

Until the ratings thread gets going I could do with some more please. Conte can be rated also. I appreciate some may not have seen the game yet which is on Spursplay. I will probably collate and finalise the averages tomorrow. Thanks to those who have contributed so far which have been fair and considered .

Yes I know mate, I enjoyed him too, but there is too much noise around this happening.
He fits Levy's MO, cheap punts that can be sold on for bigger money, not worried about winning anything, but if we do then great.
FWIW I don't want him back, but have come to terms that as a club we can't have nice things, I'm so glad that I didn't renew and have to watch this shit anymore.
I can’t recall one single cheap punt we bought and sold for big money. The only that spring mind we’re Modric and Bale and both of them forced their moves against the clubs wishes.

We are so far from being a selling club it’s not funny.

I can’t recall one single cheap punt we bought and sold for big money. The only that spring mind we’re Modric and Bale and both of them forced their moves against the clubs wishes.

We are so far from being a selling club it’s not funny.
Really what about Carrick and walker, both were cheap deals but left for bigger clubs.
Aside from Kane, can you see Romero sticking around, of course not because we are a stepping stone club.
We are so far from being a big successful football club, and that is not funny

Really what about Carrick and walker, both were cheap deals but left for bigger clubs.
Aside from Kane, can you see Romero sticking around, of course not because we are a stepping stone club.
We are so far from being a big successful football club, and that is not funny
Carrick was sold to Man Utd easily one of the best clubs in the world let alone the country at the time when we as a club were growing as a top 4 contender. We didn't have a choice.
Walker was sold at a time when we were still in the old WHL, he'd also fallen out with Poch and we were offered £50m which at the time was a crazy amount of money for a rb.

Apart from Walker and Eriksen running his contract down who was the last top player we have sold?

We haven't which is a massive sign of progress. We were a stepping stone, but we're not anymore. You think Kane would have been offered a 6 year contract on £200k a week if we were still at the old WHL? Absolutely not. If we sell all our top players why did Levy give in so easily to City with Kane a couple of summers ago...

Carrick was sold to Man Utd easily one of the best clubs in the world let alone the country at the time when we as a club were growing as a top 4 contender. We didn't have a choice.
Walker was sold at a time when we were still in the old WHL, he'd also fallen out with Poch and we were offered £50m which at the time was a crazy amount of money for a rb.

Apart from Walker and Eriksen running his contract down who was the last top player we have sold?

We haven't which is a massive sign of progress. We were a stepping stone, but we're not anymore. You think Kane would have been offered a 6 year contract on £200k a week if we were still at the old WHL? Absolutely not. If we sell all our top players why did Levy give in so easily to City with Kane a couple of summers ago...
carrick was 16 years ago lol. the clubs evolved a lot since then

So not selling our best player two years ago constitutes progress? Do me a favour, he is most likely on his way in the summer and who can blame him.
The club has barely changed in the past 10 years or more, it talks a good talk, flatters to deceive and achieves fuck all standard.

So not selling our best player two years ago constitutes progress? Do me a favour, he is most likely on his way in the summer and who can blame him.
The club has barely changed in the past 10 years or more, it talks a good talk, flatters to deceive and achieves fuck all standard.
I'm just replying to your point about you saying we're a stepping stone when we're clearly not anymore. You didn't answer the question, who was the last top player we sold to a rival since Kyle Walker?

I'm just replying to your point about you saying we're a stepping stone when we're clearly not anymore. You didn't answer the question, who was the last top player we sold to a rival since Kyle Walker?
We are a stepping stone club, you didn't reply regarding Romero who will not stay long.
Erikson was only couple of seasons ago, and Kane will go next season most likely so there is your answer.

We are a stepping stone club, you didn't reply regarding Romero who will not stay long.
Erikson was only couple of seasons ago, and Kane will go next season most likely so there is your answer.
Wow, you're asking me to predict the future of Romero who has just signed a 4/5 year contract with us.

Eriksen ran his contract down because the club didn't want to sell him. Levy didn't sell Kane when City offered £100m. Kane is more likely to sign a new contract.

But still... who have we sold since Walker to make us a stepping stone club???

Wow, you're asking me to predict the future of Romero who has just signed a 4/5 year contract with us.

Eriksen ran his contract down because the club didn't want to sell him. Levy didn't sell Kane when City offered £100m. Kane is more likely to sign a new contract.

But still... who have we sold since Walker to make us a stepping stone club???
Wow your a bit dumb, I gave you the answer and you can't answer mine, and even funnier think Kane will sign on for more of this shit how funny are you 😄😄😄

Back
Top Bottom