West Ham United VS Tottenham Hotspur - Wednesday 31th August, London Stadium 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought yesterday was the first really poor performance of the season.

The “we lost this fixture the last 2 seasons” doesn’t work for me. West Ham have looked shit this season and looked shit yesterday.

First half was fine… we were progressive and controlled the game.

2nd half was an abomination and without doubt the worst half we’ve played this season. From the start, it was a complete mess with PEH and then conceding the goal.

Then we continued to be poor and nothing changed. 76 Minutes in theres finally a fucking sub. It takes Richarlison one minute to create a big chance for Kane who should have scored.

We are on short rest… and play the exact same XI except 1 rotation due to injury and use only 1 sub who gets 14 minutes. If we keep up with that BS, our players will be burned out in a month or we will have injuries that will force us to use players that have had no playing time.

If Son is really that fragile that he can’t handle being subbed off when he is complete shit, then he shouldn’t be playing for a top team. Unless it’s a generational talent like Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland, catering to top players is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think Conte needed to complain as he did on BBC last night about the pen not given. We were comfortable in the 1st half scored and winning. It was all about how capitulated in the second half and Lloris was the main cause to concede the equaliser. It could have been worse in the last 5mins.

I don't think Conte needed to complain as he did on BBC last night about the pen not given. We were comfortable in the 1st half scored and winning. It was all about how capitulated in the second half and Lloris was the main cause to concede the equaliser. It could have been worse in the last 5mins.
I think he did. Klopp, pep, arteta constantly whinge and moan about referees. In klopps case he screams and roars in their faces. Tends to work for them.
Not just the penalty. 5 players we had booked. They had 2.
If he can do it in a way that puts doubt in their mind then go for it i say

Thought yesterday was the first really poor performance of the season.

The “we lost this fixture the last 2 seasons” doesn’t work for me. West Ham have looked shit this season and looked shit yesterday.

First half was fine… we were progressive and controlled the game.

2nd half was an abomination and without doubt the worst half we’ve played this season. From the start, it was a complete mess with PEH and then conceding the goal.

Then we continued to be poor and nothing changed. 76 Minutes in theres finally a fucking sub. It takes Richarlison one minute to create a big chance for Kane who should have scored.

We are on short rest… and play the exact same XI except 1 rotation due to injury and use only 1 sub who gets 14 minutes. If we keep up with that BS, our players will be burned out in a month or we will have injuries that will force us to use players that have had no playing time.

If Son is really that fragile that he can’t handle being subbed off when he is complete shit, then he shouldn’t be playing for a top team. Unless it’s a generational talent like Messi, Ronaldo, Haaland, catering to top players is a disaster waiting to happen.
Even Ronaldo, Messi and Haaland get subbed.

I think he did. Klopp, pep, arteta constantly whinge and moan about referees. In klopps case he screams and roars in their faces. Tends to work for them.
Not just the penalty. 5 players we had booked. They had 2.
If he can do it in a way that puts doubt in their mind then go for it i say

And I thought that we should have had two penalties and Son could have taken one of them

It was the numerous bookings we got in the game last night, yet West Ham seemed to be able to get away with everything. Every tackle we made was a booking, West Ham seemed to get off lightly. Refs are shite.

As I've said a million times, Spurs get the worst refereeing on the planet, and the sports media cover-up like the American media cover-up for the woke Democrats sins and corruption.
It is corruption in football because Sky support Woolwich and enemies of Spurs (like the Chavs).

I think the Spam equaliser clear showed a key reason why we are not performing at our best. Our players went to sleep and Spam took advantage. We are just not ON IT.
We jiggle the ball about at the back, not sure what to do with it, typically Dier will fail to make a decision so he just pushes it to the side and then it gets pushed back to him for the same reason…
What we need is sharpness and an understanding that this is not Saturday morning footie at the rec, it’s top international sport and highly paid at that.
If some of these players were on a more individual sport they wouldn’t last five minutes.
A sense of urgency is needed, a game is only 90 minutes long, surely our highly paid lads can focus for that long and take every single minute seriously?

I’m not sure I really buy this thing about getting points from games we lost last season; there are too many variables at play. Same as if we lose a match we won last season, it doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve got worse. The measure of where we are is surely the performance; and, as yet, there is scant evidence that we are progressing (either in individual ability or teamwork) apart from Perisic providing a bigger threat down the left and Richy being able to come in and make a difference (hope he gets a start on Saturday to see what he can do for a whole game).
Totally agree with what needs to improve, it’s just a concern that it hasn’t been addressed when it’s been evident for so long.

I wouldn’t say it hasn’t been addressed, we bought one of the highest rated midfielders in the league this summer and gave him his first start last night. In time Bissouma should be doing for us what Dembele used to. We have signed a world class LWB. We have signed a very good player to compete with Kane and Son.

We cannot do everything in one window, we need to be calm and be realistic. I’d say we are playing worse now than we were last season but the results are much better. These players aren’t even playing at last seasons level yet so there is still huge room for improvement. This is a positive. With a manager like Conte we can only improve.

As I've said a million times, Spurs get the worst refereeing on the planet, and the sports media cover-up
Mr Bean Yes GIF

like the American media cover-up for the woke Democrats sins and corruption.
Office Space No GIF

It is corruption in football because Sky support Woolwich and enemies of Spurs (like the Chavs).
George Costanza Thumbs Up GIF

Like Kane last season? 1 goal and 1 assist in the first 15 PL games...

Yes since all his tactics rely on the WBs for creativity needs to play spence and Perry,
But we do need midfield options. Last night had no one to come for bissouma who needed to come off
Have to say we definitely went to pieces in that game in the 2nd half. Not sure the legs went either. Passing the ball back constantly to Sanchez and Royal resulted in them moving from a low to high press and our back line shiting themselves. Romero would remove that issue but still issues in MF would remain. Bissouma also went from composed to headless chicken and back again throughout the game.

Hoj was drivel to be honest and really should have sent son in. We are not at it just now.
To pieces? We didn't. our levels dropped and our legs went as i said. Theirs would have too but they made all their subs, we didn't, that was the difference. we had no midfield as they had dropped back so it was long balls and they were easily dealt with. Conte doesn't trust sess and Djed in these kinds of games and there is going to plenty of them so it worries me that the club haven't got who he wanted.

It's almost like he's demoing perfect crosses, knowing nobody is going to get to them, just in the hopes that people start to pickup on what is possible and get there in the future. "Hey I know you thought this play was over, but its not."
No one busts a gut to get into the box. No idea what fucking fitness training they were doing pre season but we look one of the slowest teams in the league. We can’t impose our superior physicality on teams. No one makes a tackle or bothers to even close down players or track runs. We simply let teams play the ball around in our half even with 11 behind the ball. No stops crosses either. There is no diff betw how we play now and under Jose. If there isn’t marginal and we have a some luck go our way this season.

If PEH hadn't fucked about for so long with his boot, and caused a distraction/loss of focus, I think we would've been more switched on for the WH goal, and possibly prevented it. I can't stand his theatrics, and bloody pointing when he messes up.
100% agree. It must have deliberate. As he dropped soon as 2nd half started. Thus completely diruptiong the start of the 2nd half. He then goes down a few minutes later for his boots. This was premeditated I think to waste time. He then never got subbed even with skipp warming up. Typically Italian dark arts. We didn’t look interested in playing football or scoring a 2nd goal.
If we were playing a team like that everyone would be up in arms. Everyone if their honest with themselves would feel the same. We hate when the oppo waste time or disrupt the game. So we can’t have it both ways!

But we do need midfield options. Last night had no one to come for bissouma who needed to come off

To pieces? We didn't. our levels dropped and our legs went as i said. Theirs would have too but they made all their subs, we didn't, that was the difference. we had no midfield as they had dropped back so it was long balls and they were easily dealt with. Conte doesn't trust sess and Djed in these kinds of games and there is going to plenty of them so it worries me that the club haven't got who he wanted.
Explain how the fck legs go in a professional player this early in the season??? Seriously come on. They played an easy tactic of Mark up and leave Sanchez open. Same shit happened with sissoko. If you don't think we went to pieces you need to watch that game again.

No one busts a gut to get into the box. No idea what fucking fitness training they were doing pre season but we look one of the slowest teams in the league. We can’t impose our superior physicality on teams. No one makes a tackle or bothers to even close down players or track runs. We simply let teams play the ball around in our half even with 11 behind the ball. No stops crosses either. There is no diff betw how we play now and under Jose. If there isn’t marginal and we have a some luck go our way this season.

I really think other teams always think they have a chance to get one in on us whereas with "stronger" teams like City, Pool, or Chelsea, they don't consider the game "winnable" and put out a weak side. These sides then play worse in their next game almost every time. Cheslea-Leeds. Forrest-City. I'm sure Spam will eff up this weekend after blowing their wad against us midweek.

Our players are hustling, they just aren't foaming at the mouth like the other teams we always seem to be facing.

Anyways, if Son/Richy/Kane can figure it out, all they need to do for some easy headed goals is make a run at the near post whenever Perisic heads towards the endline. The guy can put it on a dime from there every time if needed.

Not all the time but especially when he’s being pressed by multiple players.

We should still be playing out the back, especially from goal kicks, but in open play he needs to launch it more than he did today.
When they were pressing high in the 2nd half perfect time to go long and by pass half their team. If we bought rich and spence earlier then we could have stretched them and they would have had worry about a few more players with pace. No idea why conte did not make more than one sub and that is the sane sun he makes nearly every game. Unexplainable!

I really think other teams always think they have a chance to get one in on us whereas with "stronger" teams like City, Pool, or Chelsea, they don't consider the game "winnable" and put out a weak side. These sides then play worse in their next game almost every time. Cheslea-Leeds. Forrest-City. I'm sure Spam will eff up this weekend after blowing their wad against us midweek.

Our players are hustling, they just aren't foaming at the mouth like the other teams we always seem to be facing.

Anyways, if Son/Richy/Kane can figure it out, all they need to do for some easy headed goals is make a run at the near post whenever Perisic heads towards the endline. The guy can put it on a dime from there every time if needed.
Do you think our coaches are even working on that sort of movement? Ie if perisic has the ball make a run into the box at far stick or near post.

Back
Top Bottom