Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's the point. People change their mind to suit their agenda like levy can do no wrong for example. If west ham hired mourinho when we did, you may want to believe all those critics of mourinho would change their mind & say what a great manager he is etc. But you're fooling yourself.
Funny because form my own point of view I’ve stated on numerous occasions that Levy set the club back five years with AVB, the manner he sacked Jol was vile, I’d have abandoned “the club” if we went to Stratford, the Amazon thing fucked us up and is a joke, playing a game overseas is nearly up there with Stratford and that there will no excuses not to sign a striker this window.

Just because I don’t cry on a daily basis because we didn’t spend 400M on Bony, Berahino, Schniderlin, Barkley, De Ligt, and Zaha it doesn’t mean I can’t criticize him.

Spurs from the day I popped out the old lady and Spurs till the day I die mate.

Even once offered you a spare ticket for a home match that you declined for family reasons if I remember correctly.

Support the team, mate. Not the greedy owners

Yes you did mate which was much appreciated and I agree about the owners but I still feel the same about banners stating’anyone out’ from our club

Woolwich do that sort of crap not us

Honestly baz, I know you think the players deeply care what the fans think of the owners BUT they don't. For example I don't think dele was going to have a great game but looked up & saw the levy out banner, & then mentally crumbled & couldn't regain his composure from the emotional trauma.

I know what you’re saying but we can’t have a go at the Woolwich scum for displaying banners saying Wenger out and then support our so called fans doing the same for Levy
It’s hypocritical

Why are they shameful?

Your behaving like I just posted nude pictures of your wife rather than a banner in a football stadium criticising the club CEO!

They’re shameful because they’re disloyal and disrespectful and I think we’re better than that
Sort the dirty washing out in private, write to the board whatever not that crap as we’re going to end up with our version of AFTV

Anyway I’ve said my piece and not going to debate further

Changing your mind is fine. Being wrong is fine too, if you admit your error. Just seems on here that you can’t do either.
Post something on here back in the day and it damns you for life it seems. Sammy didn’t like Mourinho and he does now.
Like Not One Brick .
The funny line you and a multidude of others trawl from the archives whenever you start to lose the argument.

Spurs from the day I popped out the old lady and Spurs till the day I die mate.

Even once offered you a spare ticket for a home match that you declined for family reasons if I remember correctly.

Support the team, mate. Not the greedy owners

Apologies for the Kroenke remark duly removed

Like Not One Brick .
The funny line you and a multidude of others trawl from the archives whenever you start to lose the argument.
LOL

Nice try trying to make that omnishambles a positive for you.

Has nowt to do with losing the argument. It's just the easiest and most ridiculous case of someone being unable to admit they could be wrong this forum has ever seen.

You, in particular, can't dig people out for being unable to be contrite considering your history.

You used the fact Levy had no intention of building a stadium to spam this board with anti-Levy bollocks for years. You're still doing it, but you've changed your weapons. People reminding you of the previous weapon you used being completely and utterly shown up is more than fair.

It's a reminder that maybe, John, when it comes to Levy, you can't see the wood for the trees. Because Levy whipped you up into such a frenzy you couldn't see this...

tottenham-stadium.jpg

LOL

Nice try trying to make that omnishambles a positive for you.

Has nowt to do with losing the argument. It's just the easiest and most ridiculous case of someone being unable to admit they could be wrong this forum has ever seen.

You, in particular, can't dig people out for being unable to be contrite considering your history.

You used the fact Levy had no intention of building a stadium to spam this board with anti-Levy bollocks for years. You're still doing it, but you've changed your weapons. People reminding you of the previous weapon you used being completely and utterly shown up is more than fair.

It's a reminder that maybe, John, when it comes to Levy, you can't see the wood for the trees. Because Levy whipped you up into such a frenzy you couldn't see this...

tottenham-stadium.jpg
Great post.

Backs up my earlier point brilliantly.

It's like all those posts you made that Poch and Levy were in complete harmony with our transfer policy. Despite all the evidence building up before you that there was serious tensions growing between the two you dug yourself in deeper and deeper only to be exposed like tart as things unravelled.

As I've said before, we all make mistakes mate. Difference is, I'm prepared to own mine

:dierpochhug:

Like Not One Brick .
Purely used to point out that people can be wrong. You’ll see I said “it happens’. Nobody can be correct all the time. That was one time you were wrong and you can hardly deny it, as the evidence can be seen from the moon.

It’s when there’s no proof at the end that the problem lies. I remain convinced to this day that if we’d signed Berahino, he‘d have become a world beater. The later evidence seems to suggest I’m miles out, but given a change of circumstances, it’d have worked out differently, not necessarily better though.

Like this, our personal stances on Levy and ENIC, neither of us can ever be correct. We may well do better with new owners, we may well do worse. I just try to assume they are working positively for the club and longer term for their pocket. You believe it’s short term fiscal gain. Fair enough, but I’m not going to stop calling you out when you mainly just raise your head after a defeat and can see little else wrong with the club except Levy.

Great post.

Backs up my earlier point brilliantly.

It's like all those posts you made that Poch and Levy were in complete harmony with our transfer policy. Despite all the evidence building up before you that there was serious tensions growing between the two you dug yourself in deeper and deeper only to be exposed like tart as things unravelled.

As I've said before, we all make mistakes mate. Difference is, I'm prepared to own mine

:dierpochhug:
Did you see Poch the other week saying he and Levy still have a good relationship and will always be friends?

You used to claim the only reason Poch ever said that was to tow the party line because Levy was his boss.

Well, Levy isn't his boss anymore. So what does that mean?

I'm sure it means something you'll spin into backing you up.

As for transfer policy, have I missed a Poch interview where he's dug out Levy about transfers?

Please could you post said interview?

Last edited:
I remain convinced to this day that if we’d signed Berahino, he‘d have become a world beater. The later evidence seems to suggest I’m miles out, but given a change of circumstances, it’d have worked out differently, not necessarily better though.
Don't bring up Berahino to John. He and Fellaini would have seen us Champions.

Did you see Poch the other week saying he and Levy still have a good relationship?

You used to claim the only reason Poch ever said that was to tow the party line because Levy was his boss.

Well, Levy isn't his boss anymore. So what does that mean?

I'm sure it means something you'll spin into backing you up.

As for transfer policy, have I missed a Poch interview where he's dug out Levy about transfers?

Please could you post said interview?
So you're still insisting, even now, they were in complete harmony and there was no tension between the two?
This is exactly what I mean. I'm prepared to admit I was wrong on the stadium and completely under estimated Levy's ability to get it done.
I've since congratulated him and I'm pleased he proved me wrong.

You, on the other hand, just keep digging.

Even Levy's staunchest supporters on here now admit the relationship between him and Poch regarding transfers became strained.
Regardless of which side of the fence they're on.
If only you could show humility yourself occassionaly you'd get a lot more respect from others.

So you're still insisting, even now, they were in complete harmony and there was no tension between the two?
This is exactly what I mean. I'm prepared to admit I was wrong on the stadium and completely under estimated Levy's ability to get it done.
I've since congratulated him and I'm pleased he proved me wrong.
You, on the other hand, just keep digging.

Even Levy's staunchest supporters on here now admit the relationship between him and Poch regarding transfers became strained.
Regardless of which side of the fence they're on.
If only you could show humility yourself occassionaly you'd get a lot more respect from others.
I can only claim what Poch has told me and he said that he and Levy had, and still do, have a friendly relationship and that is unlikely to change.

It is YOU claiming Poch's thoughts do not match his words. Therefore it is YOU who the burden of proof falls upon.

I am more than willing to change how I view what Poch claims about his relationship with Levy, but only if there is proof.

All I am asking for is the proof of your claim. Poch saying outrightly he and Levy were at loggerheads.

I'd love to read that interview.

Go ahead...

P.s. I don't care about respect mate. You're all strangers. The fact you do is a little insecure. But crack on talking on everyone's behalf.

You probably will still stick up for him. Lots say that but then make excuses for him when he doesn't do what they said. But we shall see....
Nope it’s quite binary for me, we need someone who can replace Kane while he is out as it doesn’t look like son and Moura can, make it happen baldy!

Back
Top Bottom