Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah Sammy, like many of us, changes his mind about stuff. He also makes far more posts than anyone else so there’s going to be more ammunition there against him.

Who would have thought August 2018 when Poch was handing mourinho a kicking up at OT that we would find ourselves here. I know I didn’t.

Can clearly remember looking out over Gwithian Beach raising a beer to Poch and Spurs and thinking happy days, Mourinho is done done..... so glad we have Mauricio.

Football is nuts.

I did. Got absolutely slaughtered for it as well.

I love that people think Levy should be booted out.

Delivered the best stadium in the world. A champions league final. Global branding. Elevated us to one of the top teams in the world. One of the best coaches in history. Retained the worlds best striker.

But yeah.....we didn't win an FA Cup. Sack him!

It takes YEARS to build a team. Look how long it took liverpool; with many failed projects before they finally found success. And City, with all their billions didn't find instant success (tell me about their champions league record please).

1 season with poor results as we transition to the next phase and people are wetting the bed.

Kane, Ndombele, Fernandes, Skipp, Tanganga, Alli, Son, Lo Celso

The future is bright.

Honestly baz, I know you think the players deeply care what the fans think of the owners BUT they don't. For example I don't think dele was going to have a great game but looked up & saw the levy out banner, & then mentally crumbled & couldn't regain his composure from the emotional trauma.
You have no idea what Joe, Daniel or the players think ... to pretend you do is plain daft.

Lewis and Levi might be in it for the love of Spurs, or for the love of money, or indeed both ... only they know. Players no doubt have a million reasons, fan adoration is probably one of them.

What the "Levy Out" crowd don't seem to understand is that income and success are not mutually exclusive ... to make the most money means you have to win things ... look at the most valuable clubs in the world then look at the most successful - guess what they are exactly the same clubs.

You can't sustain success without the income, not understanding that I don't get it. There are at least thirty clubs around Europe in the last twenty years who have tried to go down the 'spending' route without the infrastructure and income to support them ... funny thing is twenty years later the top twenty richest and most successful clubs are pretty much the same as they were before ... the biggest upward movers are Spurs - the biggest losers Everton / West Ham

But sustained income is only half the battle, the point people don't seem to grasp is that it's the half you have to do first ... we've now done the income bit we should recognise and appreciate that monumental achievement, but that income only kicks in now in 2020 it will be over the next ten years that how that income is spent, and off course what we now do on the pitch, that's how Levy should be measured.

Wanting everything now, now, now is a millennial thing, the amount of entitlement that spews forth from fans who clearly didn't live through the 70's, 80's, 90's and '00's is overwhelming ... but I guess we live in a different age, an age where gratification only comes from winning not just taking part.

If we win a Title or the CL in the next ten years it will be the best second decade in our history, more than one and it will be the best ... have a little bit patience, ten years isn't that long for a true fan.

Don't forget Liverpool took thirty years to get it right, how is that working out ...

Last edited:
You have no idea what Joe, Daniel or the players think ... to pretend you do is plain daft.

Lewis and Levi might be in it for the love of Spurs, or for the love of money, or indeed both ... only they know. Players no doubt have a million reasons, fan adoration is probably one of them.

What the "Levy Out" crowd don't seem to understand is that income and success are not mutually exclusive ... to make the most money means you have to win things ... look at the most valuable clubs in the world then look at the most successful - guess what they are exactly the same clubs.

You can't sustain success without the income, not understanding that I don't get it. There are at least thirty clubs around Europe in the last twenty years who have tried to go down the 'spending' route without the infrastructure and income to support them ... funny thing is twenty years later the top twenty richest and most successful clubs are pretty much the same as they were before ... the biggest upward movers are Spurs - the biggest losers Everton / West Ham

But sustained income is only half the battle, the point people don't seem to grasp is that it's the half you have to do first ... we've now done the income bit we should recognise and appreciate that monumental achievement, but that income only kicks in now in 2020 it will be over the next ten years that how that income is spent, and off course what we now do on the pitch, that's how Levy should be measured.

Wanting everything now, now, now is a millennial thing, the amount of entitlement that spews forth from fans who clearly didn't live through the 70's, 80's, 90's and '00's is overwhelming ... but I guess we live in a different age, an age where gratification only comes from winning not just taking part.

If we win a Title or the CL in the next ten years it will be the best second decade in our history, more than one and it will be the best ... have a little bit patience, ten years isn't that long for a true fan.

Don't forget Liverpool took thirty years to get it right, how is that working out ...
OK Daniel we get it, we should pay up (insane price hikes too), shut up and accept whatever the owners do to the club because a true fan can go 2 decades without any titles.. To try our faith or something?

Come on

OK Daniel we get it, we should pay up (insane price hikes too), shut up and accept whatever the owners do to the club because a true fan can go 2 decades without any titles.. To try our faith or something?
How do you get that from what I said to that - it's classic entitlement bollocks - we pay high prices therefore we should win every game, life doesn't work like that or 85 league clubs would go bust with zero fans because they still pay up every game knowing winning something isn't happening .....

If you can't grasp that you will always be unhappy ... winning isn't everything, it isn't even a big thing, being a Spurs fan for fifty plus years in 90% of those years we've won nothing ... yet some of my best memories are from away games where we yet again failed to win, seasons where the hardcore had to dig deep to keep going, but the fans, some of them my longest serving friends, never stopped going, never stopped supporting, knowing that staying up was as good as it was going to get. How the feck would you have survived that?

You don't need to shut up but you do need to accept that what the club does is not designed for us to lose, if you don't like it then buy the club and run it yourself, it's very easy from the 'cheap' seats to moan, and that's your right, but keep it real ... the fact is 99% of fans can only dream of ever watching their club in the CL final, it's never going to happen for them - yet hear you are just seven months later calling the club owners and management shit ... do you wake up every day and feel entitled that much?

Come on

2 decades without any titles?????

We are the reining AUDI CUP CHAMPIONS GODDAMIT!!!

Yeah Sammy, like many of us, changes his mind about stuff.
Yes - but he also goes off at posters for doing the same while so digging up old posts and abusing them for it - just to show he was proven right about some random shit from 3 seasons back. But never when he's proven wrong - and that's what grinds people on here

Last edited:
I did. Got absolutely slaughtered for it as well.

Fair report. I was on holiday at the time. Had to make do with just knowing the result.

But over the start of that season -August to December - the guy I sat next to at Wembley agreed we were playing awful but somehow winning. Worst football we had played under Poch. But the team had matured and learnt to win.

Then we stopped winning away in the league. Then seemed to fall apart in the league.

As I say football is nuts. To think we ended that season in Madrid.

Yes - but he also goes off at posters for doing while so digging up old posts and abusing them for it - just to show he was proven right about some random shit from 3 seasons back. But never when he's proven wrong - and that's what grinds people on here

Yeah admittedly sometimes I come on here and feel like this.

giphy.gif

I love that people think Levy should be booted out.

Delivered the best stadium in the world. A champions league final. Global branding. Elevated us to one of the top teams in the world. One of the best coaches in history. Retained the worlds best striker.

But yeah.....we didn't win an FA Cup. Sack him!

It takes YEARS to build a team. Look how long it took liverpool; with many failed projects before they finally found success. And City, with all their billions didn't find instant success (tell me about their champions league record please).

1 season with poor results as we transition to the next phase and people are wetting the bed.

Kane, Ndombele, Fernandes, Skipp, Tanganga, Alli, Son, Lo Celso

The future is bright.

Thats true. But we are making mistakes in the transfer market. Its always a frustrating part of supporting spurs. People are rightly pissed off.

Anyone else hear the rumour that was doing the rounds yesterday?
A company called Alphabet(never heard of them) have agreed in principle to buying Spurs. They are a trillionaire company who own Google( both me and Danny Rose have heard of them). They were also instrumental in getting Mourinho on board. Probably bollo,but I heard it from more than one source yesterday.

Don't shoot the messenger :)

Last edited:
Yeah Sammy, like many of us, changes his mind about stuff. He also makes far more posts than anyone else so there’s going to be more ammunition there against him.

Who would have thought August 2018 when Poch was handing mourinho a kicking up at OT that we would find ourselves here. I know I didn’t.

Can clearly remember looking out over Gwithian Beach raising a beer to Poch and Spurs and thinking happy days, Mourinho is done done..... so glad we have Mauricio.

Football is nuts.
Changing your mind is fine. Being wrong is fine too, if you admit your error. Just seems on here that you can’t do either.

I hated Mourinho when he was at Chelsea. Love him now. Presume there’s a post on here from several years ago when I call him a cunt. But I don’t think that now.

Post something on here back in the day and it damns you for life it seems. Sammy didn’t like Mourinho and he does now. John sits in a stadium he didn’t believe was being built. It happens.

I see no logic in Alphabet taking over Spurs, purely because if they wanted to they could take over the entire premier league for any advances they can gain, for example streaming rights. Maybe they will be the naming rights sponsor, but is that still a thing ?

With ENIC, I think all that’s necessary is an improvement in PR, improved engagement with the fan base + a change in player recruitment.

With Transfers, there has been a (perceived) inability to get deals over the line, lots of times.

Often the deal falls down due to last second surprises or a squeeze in terms. Not all of that will be Levy, but some will certainly be.

As I have posted before I know people who have dealt with Levy in business and 100% he likes to alter deals late on, this is his negotiating strategy, and it’s often successful, but generally because the other party has no choice. The tactic can, I assume, create a sense of anger for the side that has to compromise and sometimes you have to just cough up and pay in life. I’d suggest that should happen,

in short if we need a striker, don’t fuck about. Buy what you need, shut the door and move on. The transfer window would be a lot better if we did a deal on day 1 and then said - that’s it. Does not even need to be mega money, just changing it to not feeling cheap, desperate and last second would be nice.

The PR engagement issue is tricky, as a negative fan base is almost impossible to please, as is the element of fans who are pretty dumb. However , a statement once a year is not engagement and fiascos like Wembley don’t help, in those circumstances more could and should have been done (I feel)

As a season ticket holder I feel that my client reference number is what represents me, that’s not good customer engagement.

I do see signs that ENIC might be looking to get out of Tottenham, but would likely only be the Football side of the business they would opt out of. There is probably not much more they can do with that.

However, the wider Tottenham regeneration project looks more profitable than ever and would likely be focus for them going forward. if the football side does not help that aspect of the business it makes little sense to keep hold of it, might as well split the company where you can and run the football separate to the property.

Ok. Our players get deeply affected by a levy out banner. No wonder we are mid table with that weak mentality.

If we fail to get a striker in for the rest of the season then I’m not sure I could stick up for Levy any more, it’s make or break time
You probably will still stick up for him. Lots say that but then make excuses for him when he doesn't do what they said. But we shall see....

Back
Top Bottom