Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iu

Clive Lewis - AKA old Jenas
As per my post yesterday. I still see this clown as a dead ringer for Adele Roberts.

Fuck me, just seen the Robertson tackle, that shit is fucked. If I did that on Saturdays I'd get sent off for sure. Only reason he got to the ball first is because he went in recklessly with his studs up, out of control. Tanganga goes in studs down in-control and Robbo goes straight through him on the follow-through. Fuck em, basic understanding of physics would prove that it was a stupid tackle, but I guess that's expecting way too much given the refs can't get hand-balls, throws, and offsides right.

Just watched the game again in a more sober state - can't believe just how shit Danny Rose was, carrying both him and Eriksen, who at least could argue he was out of position, is too much for any team

Tanganga (20) and Sanchez (23) show where we could be for the next decade ... some serious positives from a game that we simply didn't deserve to lose ... but lose we did and that must stop.

We played brilliantly once we settled into the game and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Son and GLC should have buried their chances.

Despite the result, the performance should give the team some confidence.

Aurier with a great performance.

Dele once again disappointing and not offering enough.

From that second half we can take great confidence. No, I don’t like the heavy defensive orientated play but we were playing essentially the best team in the world and were it not for a couple of fluffs we would have won that game.
GLC, despite the fluffed shot (but give him some credit for getting in absolutely the right position in the first place) showed that he deserves a start and a full time place in the team, Lucas had so much energy and gave it everything and the new lad played a blinder of a game and should push out Jan.
And goodbye (and thanks for the memories) Christian and Rose and probably Jan.

Just after that one half, I’m now really exited for the future.
Play Gio and Tanny on Tuesday and we’re through.
COYS

Vast improvement on recent weeks and probably the toughest test Liverpool have had for a while.
A couple of chances that we really should have scored. How GLC didn't put that in i'll never know.

Everyone expected us to get humped but we were far form that. Tangana looked promising and Sanchez was much improved.
More performances like this will see us out of this rut.

This was the first time in a while that I really enjoyed a game, I think all the fans in the stadium felt the same way. We lost but the performance left everybody optimistic. We saw a glimpse of the future without Rose, Eriksen and Jan and it looked good. Only some sloppy finishing stopped us beating the best team in the world.

These thought experiments around "what if we'd taken our chances" don't make a lot of sense to me. If memory serves, Liverpool had at least two shots on target that were dealt with in such a fashion that they could be considered goal line clearances. If everyone's rued misses were distributed in a fair way, the hypothetical scoreline would have been as bad or worse.

I don't like that old "if my aunt had a dick..." adage because I think it's just a way to silence interesting discussions about hypotheticals that you don't like. But if - hypothetically - every shot with an xG of above 0.3 goes in, which means that Son and Lo Celso both score, the final score would still have been 3-2 to Liverpool.

But I get it: all football supporters only consider events in terms of the actions their players took. That's just part of the phenomenon of being a footy fan.

thumbnail

Same as the PEA earlier today that was reviewed by VAR and a straight red given.

It is sometimes deceiving to put a still image and pretend it is the actual thing. Clearly Robertson gets the ball first and then his foot movement catches Tanganga who misses the ball completely. Not even a yellow IMO.

It is sometimes deceiving to put a still image and pretend it is the actual thing. Clearly Robertson gets the ball first and then his foot movement catches Tanganga who misses the ball completely. Not even a yellow IMO.

Shut up you clueless clown.
Not one of you understands football and think the world has to bend over for you. You are just the silly club that everyone who doesn’t understand football chooses to support because they win. If it wasn’t for VAR you d be nowhere near winning the league. You’d cock it up like last year and every year since the prem league began.
Everyone knows that this year is not a true reflection of the prem league and VAR has been bought in for one reason only. Once it’s succeeded it will be scaled down so it’s fair for everyone not just LiVAR pool.

Most club’s would be embarrassed by what is going on but you victims are too stupid to realise it’s been handed to you on a plate because of VAR.
I bet you support Celtic in Scotland, PSG in France, Bayern Munich in Germany, Juventus in Italy..

Go away Pillock.

Fuck me, just seen the Robertson tackle, that shit is fucked. If I did that on Saturdays I'd get sent off for sure. Only reason he got to the ball first is because he went in recklessly with his studs up, out of control. Tanganga goes in studs down in-control and Robbo goes straight through him on the follow-through. Fuck em, basic understanding of physics would prove that it was a stupid tackle, but I guess that's expecting way too much given the refs can't get hand-balls, throws, and offsides right.
Exactly mate. If it had been a coloured foreigner and a non-Liverpool player, it would have been RED for sure!!!!

A classic example of why Liverpool fans are so detested - even the bias scouse commentating cunts admitted it was a red card challenge - and yet here's some thick as pigshit dipper internet moron claiming that a studs up tackle is just 'foot movement' what a horrible clueless cunt.

Liverpool are no doubt an excellent side but equally VAR has been their best player - to deny that is simply to dent reality - next season, just like after the CL final, the rules will change of course that's after Liverpool have had the benefits. Liverpool winning the EPL is the biggest money spinner that the FA, the EPL and the Bookies can have, but don't let that influence any decisions.

Robertson's tackle was a red card all day long the VAR boys knew that it's why they didn't even look ...

Just watched the game again in a more sober state - can't believe just how shit Danny Rose was, carrying both him and Eriksen, who at least could argue he was out of position, is too much for any team

Tanganga (20) and Sanchez (23) show where we could be for the next decade ... some serious positives from a game that we simply didn't deserve to lose ... but lose we did and that must stop.

I know it was his first game back for a while but he was bad. He wasn’t the best before his injury either. I think he may be finished at this level and we probably should of sold him after that expose he did in the Sun. Now it’s going to be hard to shift him.

These thought experiments around "what if we'd taken our chances" don't make a lot of sense to me. If memory serves, Liverpool had at least two shots on target that were dealt with in such a fashion that they could be considered goal line clearances. If everyone's rued misses were distributed in a fair way, the hypothetical scoreline would have been as bad or worse.

I don't like that old "if my aunt had a dick..." adage because I think it's just a way to silence interesting discussions about hypotheticals that you don't like. But if - hypothetically - every shot with an xG of above 0.3 goes in, which means that Son and Lo Celso both score, the final score would still have been 3-2 to Liverpool.

But I get it: all football supporters only consider events in terms of the actions their players took. That's just part of the phenomenon of being a footy fan.
Thank you. Post more often.

Back
Top Bottom