Tottenham Vs Liverpool - Sat 11th Jan 2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it was his first game back for a while but he was bad. He wasn’t the best before his injury either. I think he may be finished at this level and we probably should of sold him after that expose he did in the Sun. Now it’s going to be hard to shift him.

Rose reminds me of Aurier right now, he doesn't really care enough and it affects his performances.

Davy looked good, too.

Davy? No Mrs P, just no.

Dav or perhaps Davros for old school Doctor Who fans surely?

latest

The best team lost because of var, henderson numerous bad tackles, no yellow, robertson numerous bad tackles, yellow and red, nothing, van dick, pull back on shirt and sneaky off ball fouls, yellow, nothing, mane chopping down player stopping our attack, yellow, got nothing, seeing the pattern, liverpool are getting numerous favourable calls, and winning matches from them, this has happened in so many games of their matches this season.
As for the team eriksen, was he out there, i thought it might be an apparition, nothing hardly from him, GO,
rose was absolute shit, dele alli brother turned up again, and winks was too lightweight and flustered, a good sub to bring on for now, till he shows improvement, we need higher quality full backs, NOW.
and i showed you my team the other day and it was very close in the 2nd half, lo celso is a starter, with lamela, moura and son.
This is the team i picked, GAZZANIGA, ALDI, VERTS, SANCHEZ, DAVIES OR FOYTH, NDOMBELE, (injured, did not know at time of picking), LO CELSO, SON, LAMELA, MOURA, PARROTT.
My choice of lo celso, lamela, son and moura, did exactly what i thought it would do, improve our attack with energy, and much better closing down, and our 2nd half was really good, but alli would not have started in my team.
So this means we can get even better, without alli, eriksen, rose, winks, starting, and lets give parrott his chance.

It is sometimes deceiving to put a still image and pretend it is the actual thing. Clearly Robertson gets the ball first and then his foot movement catches Tanganga who misses the ball completely. Not even a yellow IMO.
Getting the ball doesn't make a challenge less out of control, high and reckless. People win the ball all the time and get yellows and reds.

Hard to take positives from a defeat. But if this game showed us anything,it's who SHOULDN'T be playing. Drop Erikson,bench Dele. Still not convinced by Lamela,but he is the better option and his fellow countryman deserves to start also. But I think we all saw that.

Hard to take positives from a defeat. But if this game showed us anything,it's who SHOULDN'T be playing. Drop Erikson,bench Dele. Still not convinced by Lamela,but he is the better option and his fellow countryman deserves to start also. But I think we all saw that.

Agreed. Not for the first time we look better when Lamela and GLC come on.
I saw some encouraging signs yesterday, which has not been the case of late.
As you say, it was a defeat but an undeserved defeat and something to work on.

These thought experiments around "what if we'd taken our chances" don't make a lot of sense to me. If memory serves, Liverpool had at least two shots on target that were dealt with in such a fashion that they could be considered goal line clearances. If everyone's rued misses were distributed in a fair way, the hypothetical scoreline would have been as bad or worse.

I don't like that old "if my aunt had a dick..." adage because I think it's just a way to silence interesting discussions about hypotheticals that you don't like. But if - hypothetically - every shot with an xG of above 0.3 goes in, which means that Son and Lo Celso both score, the final score would still have been 3-2 to Liverpool.

But I get it: all football supporters only consider events in terms of the actions their players took. That's just part of the phenomenon of being a footy fan.

And if the linesman wasn’t a cunt it would have been 0-0

Is that ok?

Baseball owner rescues liverpool, after baseball in a bad state from rife peds in it, and now liverpool playing very fast high press game, and dominating league, coincidence ?

The best team lost because of var, henderson numerous bad tackles, no yellow, robertson numerous bad tackles, yellow and red, nothing, van dick, pull back on shirt and sneaky off ball fouls, yellow, nothing, mane chopping down player stopping our attack, yellow, got nothing, seeing the pattern, liverpool are getting numerous favourable calls, and winning matches from them, this has happened in so many games of their matches this season.
As for the team eriksen, was he out there, i thought it might be an apparition, nothing hardly from him, GO,
rose was absolute shit, dele alli brother turned up again, and winks was too lightweight and flustered, a good sub to bring on for now, till he shows improvement, we need higher quality full backs, NOW.
and i showed you my team the other day and it was very close in the 2nd half, lo celso is a starter, with lamela, moura and son.
This is the team i picked, GAZZANIGA, ALDI, VERTS, SANCHEZ, DAVIES OR FOYTH, NDOMBELE, (injured, did not know at time of picking), LO CELSO, SON, LAMELA, MOURA, PARROTT.
My choice of lo celso, lamela, son and moura, did exactly what i thought it would do, improve our attack with energy, and much better closing down, and our 2nd half was really good, but alli would not have started in my team.
So this means we can get even better, without alli, eriksen, rose, winks, starting, and lets give parrott his chance.
We lost because We couldn’t even test the keeper, on another day Son and GLC score, I get
Your point about VAR favouring them, but it wasn’t the reason we lost , they could have been down to 9 men and we still wouldn’t have tested the keeper

It is sometimes deceiving to put a still image and pretend it is the actual thing. Clearly Robertson gets the ball first and then his foot movement catches Tanganga who misses the ball completely. Not even a yellow IMO.

Fuck off you absolute cunt.

If the roles had been reversed you would have started a fucking petition and all been wearing T-shirts today.

As for your so called famous 'support' if was the worst I have seen at the Lane in decades. For a club that has already won the title it was an embarrassment.

What's the weather like in Guildford today by the way?

We lost because We couldn’t even test the keeper, on another day Son and GLC score, I get
Your point about VAR favouring them, but it wasn’t the reason we lost , they could have been down to 9 men and we still wouldn’t have tested the keeper
We lost due to them getting away with so many yellows, and an offside goal, and we were good 2nd half, and had liverpool worried, dont know what you were watching, but 2nd half was positive.

We lost due to them getting away with so many yellows, and an offside goal, and we were good 2nd half, and had liverpool worried, dont know what you were watching, but 2nd half was positive.
I haven’t said it wasn’t positive, even though we lost I thought second half we had them on the ropes, however The reason we lost though was because we didn’t score , we had the chances which on other days son would score with his eyes shut same for GLC , who is to say though even if we did score VaR wouldn’t have found a way to overrule it , not sure how I feel on there goal, I’m pretty sure if that was us it gets ruled out for hand ball

But as Mourinho pointed out not a prayer they can do it for 90 minutes so if you start with your line up after twenty five minutes of high intensity you're utterly fecked ... I'll take his view over yours on this one.

Back
Top Bottom