Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It baffles me how a 22 year old professional footballer can be so tiny and weak, surely 5 years ago he should've realised / people should've told him that it was a good idea to put on some muscle and become a bit of a man, I've seen 13 year old kids who are stronger than him.

Reading the match thread v Bayern and the popular opinion of the lad is he’s not up to it surely getting a run of games getting experience and getting up to match speed would be needed first before being written off? Played against Bayern, last season v Barcelona Jesus whether or not these games were valid v Barcelona yes Bayern no in terms of something to play for you couldn’t blame him for overawed by the occasion.

Sessegnon is 3 years younger and already looks 3 times the player. KWP is just not good enough. Not even convinced he'd make it even in the Championship.

It baffles me how a 22 year old professional footballer can be so tiny and weak, surely 5 years ago he should've realised / people should've told him that it was a good idea to put on some muscle and become a bit of a man, I've seen 13 year old kids who are stronger than him.

Not every 13 year old is as developed as Joseph Minala

ECu2ioHXUAAXl5g.jpg

Reading the match thread v Bayern and the popular opinion of the lad is he’s not up to it surely getting a run of games getting experience and getting up to match speed would be needed first before being written off? Played against Bayern, last season v Barcelona Jesus whether or not these games were valid v Barcelona yes Bayern no in terms of something to play for you couldn’t blame him for overawed by the occasion.

I didn’t think he was all that bad honestly. Serge would have had trouble with Koman and Davies running at him. Lo Celso didn’t help him much and Sissoko was also not their to help support.

I don’t think he is our future, but I also think he is serviceable for now.

I didn’t think he was all that bad honestly. Serge would have had trouble with Koman and Davies running at him. Lo Celso didn’t help him much and Sissoko was also not their to help support.

I don’t think he is our future, but I also think he is serviceable for now.
Don’t think he should be written off that’s all and certainly not if only having played less than 15games.

Kyle Walker-Peters

The right-back was given his chance in the first team at the start of the season but we have seen very little of him since August.

Doing well in the first two games against Aston Villa and Man City, Walker-Peters unfortunately came off injured against Newcastle United and he has struggled to regain his place ever since.

He has actually only featured in the Colchester United defeat and Champions League dead rubber against Bayern Munich since then and things just don't look very good for him as it stands at present.

Serge Aurier has had an extended run in the team under Mourinho but his good performances are totally outweighed by his bad ones.

Many fans want a change at right-back and the boss could do a lot worse than to give Walker-Peters a shot in the starting XI.

Brighton apparently interested in him.

Not sure whether that's a loan or a permanent transfer but if I were him, I'd jump at the opportunity. He needs to play football, think he has great ability but maybe is just on the weak side, going to another Prem club and getting games would be great for him.

Loan him out: we have backed him for so long nothing else makes sense. I want him judged after a full season at a club in the EPL. It's the model that turned Walker and Rose into our best fullbacks in the modern era, it was Poch that turned away from this developmental model (ironically championed by that numpty Sherwood, broken clock theory writ large.)

3 years late but consistent game time at this level would do him the world of good.

Rose was his age when he got his Sunderland loan.

My memory could be wrong, but I remember loaning them a weak as piss winger, and getting back a strong full back.

I remember thinking Adam Smith, Luke Young and Stephen Kelly would all become first team players in time for us.. The same with KWP for years. I'm overly optimistic about our academy products - but this lad I now would just like to see us claim a bit of cash for - anything over about £8m would seem good.

Genuinely don'y think he has a future playing for us as much as a shame I think that is to say.

24 senior appearances at age 22 is really poor though in his defence. Dele is 1 year and 2 days older than him, and had 33 senior England caps by that age, aside from his 150+ senior appearances.
(In contrast, Rose had 59 senior appearances before his Mackems loan spell.)

A loan could work, but there's value in selling an English youth prospect. He turns 23 in April, and fear his potential value will decrease as his age increases.

Last edited by a moderator:
My memory could be wrong, but I remember loaning them a weak as piss winger, and getting back a strong full back.

I remember thinking Adam Smith, Luke Young and Stephen Kelly would all become first team players in time for us.. The same with KWP for years. I'm overly optimistic about our academy products - but this lad I now would just like to see us claim a bit of cash for - anything over about £8m would seem good.

Genuinely don'y think he has a future playing for us as much as a shame I think that is to say.

24 senior appearances at age 22 is really poor though in his defence. Dele is 1 year and 2 days older than him, and had 33 senior England caps by that age, aside from his 150+ senior appearances.

A loan could work, but there's value in selling an English youth prospect. He turns 23 in April, and fear his potential value will decrease as his age increases.

Your memory would be wrong. Rose played quite a fair few games for us at left back when Redknapp converted him and put in some man of the match performances away at Anfield (last time we won there) and the Etihad. However he became enemy number one when he got sent off against Villa in a game we needed to win to finish top three.

If KWP had followed the route of getting loaned out from 18 years old onwards, gained the experience and game time from lower leagues up to potential Premier League we may have an international on our hands. Unfortunately he was handled horribly by Pochettino and as such may just end up being an okay full back playing for another Prem club

Then again that's all I thought Rose would be and he ended up being one of the best in Europe for a season or two. At Sunderland, he was 22 and had no future at Spurs, I remember him deleting his social media in 2014 when he signed a new deal under Poch because of the abuse our own fans gave him.

Your memory would be wrong. Rose played quite a fair few games for us at left back when Redknapp converted him and put in some man of the match performances away at Anfield (last time we won there) and the Etihad. However he became enemy number one when he got sent off against Villa in a game we needed to win to finish top three.

If KWP had followed the route of getting loaned out from 18 years old onwards, gained the experience and game time from lower leagues up to potential Premier League we may have an international on our hands. Unfortunately he was handled horribly by Pochettino and as such may just end up being an okay full back playing for another Prem club

Then again that's all I thought Rose would be and he ended up being one of the best in Europe for a season or two. At Sunderland, he was 22 and had no future at Spurs, I remember him deleting his social media in 2014 when he signed a new deal under Poch because of the abuse our own fans gave him.

The what if’s around our youth setup are abundant because we have mismanaged it so poorly. I really hope, just for his professional life, that he gets a move and gets game time.

My post was nothing to do with Poch

Course it was.....

Poch binned Trippier, did he not?
Poch starved KWP of gametime (when he could/should have sent him on loan 2 years ago), did he not?
Poch chose to buy Aurier when Walker left, did he not?

Our RB situation is absolutely part of Poch's legacy.

Course it was.....

Poch binned Trippier, did he not?
Poch starved KWP of gametime (when he could/should have sent him on loan 2 years ago), did he not?
Poch chose to buy Aurier when Walker left, did he not?

Our RB situation is absolutely part of Poch's legacy.
In your head it was about Poch maybe

Back
Top Bottom