Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll take Mourinho's C.V. against Poch's any day of the week. You really think that Mauricio will win 20 trophies and Jose will lose his golden touch ??

It's a smart play by the Board. Risk is we don't win anything and we are the same as we find ourselves 6 years into the Poch era, the reward is if he is anywhere near what he used to be he will have enough to add more than what Poch did.

For me it's a huge appointment, he's got to be in the top 3-5 most decorated and still active football men out there and hes still only 56. He's got a lot to offer the game still and we may just be the ones who reap the rewards if all goes well and good. A no brainer for me, the guy has won more trophies than we have in our entire history 😳

Its being reported Poch was sacked after a row with Levy. Poch wanted cameras at a cost of 80k around the club in order to film training sessions. His request was refused. A few days later the club installed Amazon cameras around the club for around the same cost. In order to film a documentary.

Disgusting if true!!

Surely the event you reported was a pretext. Pochettino with the CL final has "consumed" all his energy. He evidently arrived at the end of his project. Guys: you took Mourinho! You get angry as if Ventura (the worst coach in the history of Italy) had arrived 😀😀😀

giampiero-ventura-630x630.jpg

Surely the event you reported was a pretext. Pochettino with the CL final has "consumed" all his energy. He evidently arrived at the end of his project. Guys: you took Mourinho! You get angry as if Ventura (the worst coach in the history of Italy) had arrived 😀😀😀

giampiero-ventura-630x630.jpg

From a neutral view in Italy, how is Mourinho to Tottenham being received? Are people surprised Jose took the Spurs job?

Poch didn't even get a chance to say his goodbyes to the squad. Brutal from Levy

Apparently the atmosphere at the training ground had been toxic recently and it may be that Levy was aware of this and didn’t want the players to get too emotional about Pochettino’s departure before Saturday’s important game v Spam- only guessing but Levy very rarely seems to do something without calculating ahead (not that he necessarily always gets things right though)

Should have gone after Bayern. The players weren't with him anymore, he'd lost their respect. Believed too much of his own hype and became a sulking, malignant presence at the club. He'd run out of ideas. Excellent manager, probably not top tier though, fell a bit short too many times and often got out thought.

I suspect we'll see a few players rejuvenated, like Eriksen perhaps.

Do you feel the same every time a manager/player leaves? or is this just a Poch thing?

Attaching yourself to managers and players is fine - when they are wearing the lillywhite - but as soon as they are gone we move on to their replacements. Of course individuals give the club identity but they come and go - Lineker is a cunt of the highest order, as is Judas and a few more, yet we still supported them when they were here.

What did Poch represent? He was a man paid EIGHT MILLION pounds a year to win things ... did he succeed? At the end of the day being a football manager is just a very well paid job, like any other well paid job if you fail to deliver you get replaced ... don't kid yourself Tottenham Hotspur is a business it has been ever since we listed in 1983, clinging to some notion of selfless staff only at the club for the love of the Spurs? That's noble but delusional.

You think Jose is here because he loves Spurs?

Levy, Poch, Jose and the players are in it for the money, and why not ... do you go to work out of love?
If it's all transient and distant and cold, then what is the point of getting attached at all, to any of it, at any point? What is the point of supporting any football club if you can so easily see through the facade of the whole thing; the fact there is no difference between the clubs except for how much money they have and it's just random chance that you support the one you do. Does it all just come back to people projecting a sense of community, a warmth and soul to something that is actually an uncaring machine, merely so they can pretend to belong to something bigger, something worthwhile? With the bonus of having an excuse to go drinking and shouting with your mates!

I've always known the truth of it of course, but in times like this it is laid bare in all its ugly uncomfortable mess. Football is no different than organised religion really, it's a lie we tell ourselves and perpetuate in order to find a reason to gather together and feel some connection and safety in an otherwise chaotic brutal existence. All while a few men at the top get rich and richer from the charade.

As I said before, I wasn't indoctrinated from birth, I chose to take part in this. And now I don't know why I should keep going with it. Sunk cost fallacy maybe, or perhaps the pull of wanting to belong, regardless of how false the basis for it, is difficult for me to resist. I don't know really. Maybe if we smash West Ham on Saturday, I'll forget all about any existential crisis and carry on like a good proper fan, supporting our manager and our players, all of whom I love....for as long as they are under contract and producing the adequate results.

Because football people look at the bigger picture?

Who would have thought when Sarri was being battered 6-0 at City and 4-0 at Bournemouth and the odds on favorite to get the sack in February that he'd get the Juventus job a few months later?
The bigger picture as I see it is that he's very good but too stubborn and will never get a team over the line.

Add the cost of sacking poch, hiring Jose & buying the players he wanted for just a short term. Just when I thought levy/enic couldn't get any worse with footballing decisions.
You dull cunt.
Spend half your time claiming enic are only interested in money, not football and winning. They then spend a lot of money replacing the manager with a serial winner(who I detest, btw, cos he has no class), and you whine about the cost involved. Fucking idiot.

Back
Top Bottom