Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I support the club but I don't like this guy and don't want him as our manager.

Doesn't matter what I think or want though, he's got the job now and hopefully we'll win on Saturday.
And if he gets us back towards the top of the table? How will you feel then?

I'm certain Levy and Jose have already been through this and budgets are already in place. Jose doesn't walk in eyes closed.
But unlike what he has done in previous experiences, the 'new' Mourinho will bet on young players. Plataforma knows the Special One wants to sign a few experienced footballers, such as Manchester United's Matic. But the focus will be on young players, such as Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes (which Tottenham tried to sign before) and SL Benfica's central defender Rúben Dias.

In fact, Mou spent most of the past 12 months studying young players that could fit his new strategy. A young player he reportedly likes, and for which Tottenham may make an offer, is West Ham's central defender Issa Dioup. Ajax's Van de Beek also fits the bill, but the Dutch player is coveted by major European clubs.

However, Daniel Levy has told the Special One that money won't be a problem, not least because the Spurs have spent very little money in recent years - a strategy that former Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino has always criticized. And it won't be a problem at all because the Spurs will be paying Mourinho €18 million a year, which makes him the second highest-paid coach in the world, just behind Manchester City's Pep Guardiola (€23 million).

Not comfortable with this, but its done!
Just so long as those players who have not been playing for the shirt recently also go!

I dont really care to have this discussion.

I tried telling you months ago that you dont sack and entire workforce for poor performance. You sack the manager, and get in a new one to freshen things up.

You disagreed. Now you know how it works.
So you don't think Mourinho will sling out players that perform badly and want to get new ones in to replace them?

But unlike what he has done in previous experiences, the 'new' Mourinho will bet on young players. Plataforma knows the Special One wants to sign a few experienced footballers, such as Manchester United's Matic. But the focus will be on young players, such as Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes (which Tottenham tried to sign before) and SL Benfica's central defender Rúben Dias.

In fact, Mou spent most of the past 12 months studying young players that could fit his new strategy. A young player he reportedly likes, and for which Tottenham may make an offer, is West Ham's central defender Issa Dioup. Ajax's Van de Beek also fits the bill, but the Dutch player is coveted by major European clubs.

However, Daniel Levy has told the Special One that money won't be a problem, not least because the Spurs have spent very little money in recent years - a strategy that former Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino has always criticized. And it won't be a problem at all because the Spurs will be paying Mourinho €18 million a year, which makes him the second highest-paid coach in the world, just behind Manchester City's Pep Guardiola (€23 million).

:dembelelol:

I think Pochettino wanted out, his hearts hasn’t been in it since the end of last season.
Levy must shoulder part of the blame for not funding him properly but it was a situation where something had to give and Levy wasn’t going anywhere.

So you don't think Mourinho will sling out players that perform badly and want to get new ones in to replace them?

Every manager changes players.

What certain people like yourself would have oreferred was to give Poch 22 new players and keep him and let him rebuild.

It was a laughable, laughable thought. Now you know how things work.

Our results and performances went to shit and Poch was sacked.
No amount of arguing against that will change the fact he has been sacked, and the club backed the players like I said we should.

Maybe Jose is just the man to pry open the bank. I'm sure this has all been discussed before announcing the appointment.
Big difference between promises & actions. Especially if people are saying mourinho is a good short term appointment. Spend a fortune for a manager who is here for 2 seasons. Hmmm.
Also he is getting 15m a year apparently.

Back
Top Bottom