Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose wont have the players looking like they have just completed a Navy Seals entry course

Bit silly defending the methods of someone who just got sacked
Not really his methods got 4 x top 4 and a champions league final. Mourinho will work them just as hard if not harder and any slackers will be out, guaranteed.

Well, the argument for Mourinho's perceived boring football is that he does what is necessary in order to win at the expense of aesthetics. So in case he does get us playing boring football, we might at least win more games while doing so. That's still a change to what had been going on under Poch lately.

Of course, I don't want us to be playing boring football. I will wait and see what Mourinho comes up with... will not judge him from the start.
Let's give the guy a chance. It's been awful for a while. I don't think anyone disputes that and I for one was dreading each game because we are sliding inexorably down the table and Poch seemed out of his depth. If Jose can halt the slide, then he's already done what Poch couldn't seem to do. It's definitely a wait and see situation. Especially with the January TW coming up. Let's just have a little faith and see what happens.

26 points after 26 games. How can anyone be surprised. He probably should have gone in the summer really. I thank him for 3 great seasons with some nice football.
But the last year hasn’t been good, he asked for better financial backing, for 2 summers, which he was never going to get . This season he has looked completely un interested. The players have picked up on that, hence these performances .
I want to remember Poch for giving us the last season at the lane unbeaten , and some great football . Seemed a decent bloke and good luck to him.
cheers Poch

As for what happens now , Fuck knows .

Either the manager leaves or certain players when a dressing room is lost and it was lost after recent results in League suggests.
Levy should have backed him before season began by moving on at least 3 players
Now them players can leave for free and it cost 12 Million to pay off poch plus whatever Jose is offered.
Good Business?
Shame on you levy!! You had a manager that loved the club and you will never find anyone as passionate as Poch.
If Jose doesnt hit the floor running, players will leave next year ,
leaving Jose to rebuild the squad. Really??? After what happened at Chelsea and Man U what top players will want to play for him? Only reason he got Pogba is because they offered him a huge amount of money.
Make no mistake, we are 2 or 3 key player injuries away from spending the whole season close to relegation zone.
I always thought the problem at MU was based solely around Pogba who I really dislike and I also think Pogba was a poisonous snake who contaminated the team. I think this will be different. I think Harry will embrace the change and pull the team with him. I anticipate some good times and good football in the near future.

Let's give the guy a chance. It's been awful for a while. I don't think anyone disputes that and I for one was dreading each game because we are sliding inexorably down the table and Poch seemed out of his depth. If Jose can halt the slide, then he's already done what Poch couldn't seem to do. It's definitely a wait and see situation. Especially with the January TW coming up. Let's just have a little faith and see what happens.

Yes, I am prepared to fully support him. I wasn't expecting to get him and now that I've come to terms with it, I'm trying to just take all the positives he might bring us.

Add the cost of sacking poch, hiring Jose & buying the players he wanted for just a short term. Just when I thought levy/enic couldn't get any worse with footballing decisions.
Maybe Jose is just the man to pry open the bank. I'm sure this has all been discussed before announcing the appointment.

I'm certain Levy and Jose have already been through this and budgets are already in place. Jose doesn't walk in eyes closed.
Nobody ever does, yet Levy always does his slight of hand tricks no reason to think it will be any different now.

We're going to be linked with more players than ever in the Jan window, we'll make bids that won't be accepted and run the clock down as always. Mourinho wants player X but he'll end up with player Y or nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom