Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm actually gutted for Poch. Levy acted like a snake as usual plotting his sacking for month. Really sad for Poch honestly. What he has done for this club. The memories. The poch era

I remember coming home from a quality weekend with my mates. On the train wen spurs thrashed Chelsea that time and the immergence of Kane. Remembered it was cold that night. Kane was on fire. So was dele. Remember starting my first job around the time of his appointment. Suppose football isn't just about football but your own journey whilst the game plays on in the background for most of the year.

Disgusting how he has been kicked out but that's loyalty for u.

Alas, I am Joe.

For what it's worth, I'm entirely with you. Trophies without style mean nought, but the question was what has the man won.

A fair bit.

So if we'd won the champs league final playing the way we did - pretty poor.... it wouldn't have meant anything to you?

Bollocks

We all know our traditions and all want to see amazing football, but if we win a final where we play dog shit, park the bus, hoof ball, or 90 mins doing rolly polys against the chavs, goons, hammers you're going mental at the final whistle no?

I'm sure no one wants to see AVB's year 2 style of play ever again but if Mourinho builds a team that is like his first stint at Chelsea and wins as many trophies, I'm sure we'll all be content.

Mousa Dembélé: Mauricio Pochettino’s training was so intense – I had to leave Tottenham
(The Times)

Possibly one of the factors behind some of the other players lack of performance since Dembele left.

BTW, I really liked Poch, but was always nervous about the stories coming out about the intensity of his training sessions
This alone deserves the sacking.

Such daily exertion took its toll on Dembélé, a graceful midfielder who felt the effects each time he drove out the training ground. “It’s quite intense,” he says. “That is one of the reasons for me to leave Tottenham — not because they are not good but because it’s very intense and they ask for 200 per cent every day. When you have a bit of pain or a bit of injury it is not easy.

Good thing this came out. Poch really was a bit stupid with his 'philosophy'. No wonder many of our players drone around at times after being fucked in training.

Such daily exertion took its toll on Dembélé, a graceful midfielder who felt the effects each time he drove out the training ground. “It’s quite intense,” he says. “That is one of the reasons for me to leave Tottenham — not because they are not good but because it’s very intense and they ask for 200 per cent every day. When you have a bit of pain or a bit of injury it is not easy.

Good thing this came out. Poch really was a bit stupid with his 'philosophy'. No wonder many of our players drone around at times after being fucked in training.

No wonder most of the squad looks dead for matches.

Wish Poch all the best. Hope he learned something about himself here too.

He needs young legs if he's going to win his way. Hopefully he finds a club that supports this philosophy or learns and adapts moving forward

Have you got access to the entire interview?

Have you got access to the entire interview?
Yup. Talks about a few things

How Dier and Vert dont know why things have gone wrong when the talked to them.

Poch makes them train hard. Players put in 200-300% in. He couldnt handle doing that everyday and wanted out winter of 2017, but stayed an extra year after Poch asked him to stay.

That Kane is great and all big clubs woudl want to buy him.

And that he has no regrets at all.

He deserves to be at a club that backs him & realistically can win titles. Good luck poch.

This is bollocks, he's been at a club that gave him that chance. You mean he deserves to be at a club with an open chequebook?

Why does he deserve that?

I love Poch and hoped he would turn things around, but let's not kid ourselves that he loved us and would never have left us. By all accounts he's spent the last 6 months in a perma sulk.

As fans we've constantly had to put up with rumours of him going to Real, Man United etc, he never once ended those rumours. As for the bollocks he came out with saying he'd leave if he won the champs league, he was just softening the blow for when he would jump ship with a champs league under his belt.

Love him for what he did for us, but got everything he deserved in the end. Which is sad as he's spoilt what would have been an amazing legacy, still great, but in the end he lost some of his magic you know.....

Yup. Talks about a few things

How Dier and Vert dont know why things have gone wrong when the talked to them.

Poch makes them train hard. Players put in 200-300% in. He couldnt handle doing that everyday and wanted out winter of 2017, but stayed an extra year after Poch asked him to stay.

That Kane is great and all big clubs woudl want to buy him.

And that he has no regrets at all.
Could you copy and paste it for me please?

This is bollocks, he's been at a club that gave him that chance. You mean he deserves to be at a club with an open chequebook?

Why does he deserve that?

I love Poch and hoped he would turn things around, but let's not kid ourselves that he loved us and would never have left us. By all accounts he's spent the last 6 months in a perma sulk.

As fans we've constantly had to put up with rumours of him going to Real, Man United etc, he never once ended those rumours. As for the bollocks he came out with saying he'd leave if he won the champs league, he was just softening the blow for when he would jump ship with a champs league under his belt.

Love him for what he did for us, but got everything he deserved in the end. Which is sad as he's spoilt what would have been an amazing legacy, still great, but in the end he lost some of his magic you know.....
I think he did enough for us to be backed. You don't. Fair enough.

I think theres a couple of posters who´ve been rendered mute by events. Deep down they wanted their "told you so" day in the sun when Eddie Howe was unveiled.

Swapping a 0 trophy manager for a 20 trophy manager is still wrong from Levy though in their eyes.

How boring it must be for them

Disagree, players should give everything in training, Dembele himself was inconsistent while he was here and was nearly sold at one stage, all they have to do is train for a few hours imagine if they have a real labouring on a building site or doing something similar.

At the end of the day Poch's training methods were a success if they weren't he would have been sacked years ago.

Disagree, players should give everything in training, Dembele himself was inconsistent while he was here and was nearly sold at one stage, all they have to do is train for a few hours imagine if they have a real labouring on a building site or doing something similar.

At the end of the day Poch's training methods were a success if they weren't he would have been sacked years ago.

Yeah, lets cripple Dembele....Imagine Ledders under Poch..would have been fucked off to Leyton Orient

In the end we were so fit that we could barely break into a trot on matchdays.

Back
Top Bottom