Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

mail20.jpg

Still gutted by the fact that Levy decided to drop Poch. At Poch's very best, sparks were flying and nothing, nothing would beat us. However, glancing back at the days when we wouldn't be in our best mood, there were a lot of faults in tactics and match training. This will be the key difference between Mourinho, which, for all his cynism, is a great tactician.

I just hope that he won't bring the cynical boring United football to us!

Now lets go win the CL! COYS!

This is a big mistake. We are gonna be watching boring football for the next 18 months before the Mou gets fired too

Time will tell.

I think most of us would admit that a change was imminent. To be frank, I didn't see it coming so soon, and maybe naively I thought that Poch could turn it around.

I know Im living in the past, and will replay the CL Ajax game time and again, but to think he was 90 minutes from glory.

Oh well.. Onwards I guess.

Thing is we were already watching boring football. The need for a change was clear. We shall see how good of an appointment we have made in due time.

See I don't get this argument. Just because we are already watching boring football why would you then choose accept even more of it? That's not change is it

See I don't get this argument. Just because we are already watching boring football why would you then choose accept even more of it? That's not change is it

Well, the argument for Mourinho's perceived boring football is that he does what is necessary in order to win at the expense of aesthetics. So in case he does get us playing boring football, we might at least win more games while doing so. That's still a change to what had been going on under Poch lately.

Of course, I don't want us to be playing boring football. I will wait and see what Mourinho comes up with... will not judge him from the start.

Well, the argument for Mourinho's perceived boring football is that he does what is necessary in order to win at the expense of aesthetics. So in case he does get us playing boring football, we might at least win more games while doing so. That's still a change to what had been going on under Poch lately.

Of course, I don't want us to be playing boring football. I will wait and see what Mourinho comes up with... will not judge him from the start.

I think who his assistant is will maybe make a difference. I hope he chooses well

Either the manager leaves or certain players when a dressing room is lost and it was lost after recent results in League suggests.
Levy should have backed him before season began by moving on at least 3 players
Now them players can leave for free and it cost 12 Million to pay off poch plus whatever Jose is offered.
Good Business?
Shame on you levy!! You had a manager that loved the club and you will never find anyone as passionate as Poch.
If Jose doesnt hit the floor running, players will leave next year ,
leaving Jose to rebuild the squad. Really??? After what happened at Chelsea and Man U what top players will want to play for him? Only reason he got Pogba is because they offered him a huge amount of money.
Make no mistake, we are 2 or 3 key player injuries away from spending the whole season close to relegation zone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom