Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know mate .! One of the specific hours in my life i can re live to the second ! from our top greek boy getting hit on the head which started it all to us going at the canterbury arms after the game..

I can't remember what I had for lunch but can recall some of those late 70s early 80s games like they were yesterday. Well, maybe not the matches.

I can't remember what I had for lunch but can recall some of those late 70s early 80s games like they were yesterday. Well, maybe not the matches.
I can recall vividly london bridge before the wall game .. the stream of neverending yids coming across london bridge ..getting off at new cross gate and more plod than notting hill carnival but we still went through them... i only wish ohwhenthespurs website was still availble as a reference ..the good thing is tbwha is quite a lauded book throuhgout the alternate football community and something lots still take reference from.

Last edited:
Excellent post mate. Sums the times and goings on pretty accurately I would say.

As for the film, I think the problem is that unlike lots of other firms, our top boys/top table of the 70s and 80s don't have any interest I writing books/appearing on camera to talk about it.

Some fellas talked the talk, our lot walked the walk.

Think Wall never got over us going down there in 77 like we did , as not many ventured there at that time and wanted it, only us and the lot from the east gave them a row at theirs. they were wearing rose tinted glasses believing the Panarama hype that 12 F Troop done 1k Spurs at Charlton. when in fact they got battered and it was mainly Charlton trying to take their end back who were fighting us and throwing concrete at us.

Had that fence came down at CBL it would have been a warzone. There was a few big rows after the game and I d say we took it to them and gave them as good as we got. The OB split us up into 2 groups after to try to manage us, had we all been together we would have had them on their toes at the OKR though we did alright certainly let them know we were up for it we fought like fuck steaming into them.

OB took the other Spurs mob a different way to New Cross where they ran a Wall mob to Peckham where they finally stood and a massive missile fight took place, bricks concrete etc. We also ran Wall through the flats. Never saw them before and we was on their manor en masse at London bridge with leaflets telling them it weren't like they didn't know ?

Return game at WHL was a non event they didn't even try, we ran their F Troop lot before the game on the High Rd, then they ran us back, then another mob of Spurs came up behind them, we surrounded them and then OB showed up and put them in the ground. Few little offs by the WHL station and at the British Queen and Corner Pin but fuck all really thought they were very disappointing. Bit like Chelsea in 78 did fuck all. Birmingham brought a much better mob than both FA Cup around the same time and more up for it.

Saw Forest away 78 was mentioned, what a mob that was, untouchable that day. But anyone go a few years later when we got in their Trent end and it went tits up and we literally got over ran and CS gassed? Think they got their revenge that day.

8zZc3ZP.jpg

Not sure if this has been put up before. Great photo though
Sorry about the quality,but it was a small photo on my phone nicked off Instagram
Taken at Margate in '73

Surprised there's not been a mention of Chelsea away in '78.
That was another huge turn out at Sloane Square - early doors at 11am.
Around 50 Spurs in the shed - right hand side as you saw it from the away end.
We had the whole of the North Stand pretty much packed out - right across to the West Stand.
To this day their lot say that's the most away fans ever seen in that end.
Can still recollect the photo on the back pages of the Sunday papers, of that fence being pulled back and forth.

We had the whole of the North Stand pretty much packed out - right across to the West Stand.
Can still recollect the photo on the back pages of the Sunday papers, of that fence being pulled back and forth.
Ive got that pic on my phone along with many others ..if it waz easier to post pics on here i would

Im in that photo somewhere.

Anyone remember a Manc top boy who use to use a car aerial as a tool?
I got told this story by a fella back in the 80s. He was a short fella whose Girlfriends always looked like page 3 girls, despite him being an ugly git.
Never heard mention of him since.Does it ring any bells?

Anyone remember a Manc top boy who use to use a car aerial as a tool?
I got told this story by a fella back in the 80s. He was a short fella whose Girlfriends always looked like page 3 girls, despite him being an ugly git.
Never heard mention of him since.Does it ring any bells?
Doesn't ring a bell with me, unless him and Banana Bob were one and the same.

Think Wall never got over us going down there in 77 like we did , as not many ventured there at that time and wanted it, only us and the lot from the east gave them a row at theirs. they were wearing rose tinted glasses believing the Panarama hype that 12 F Troop done 1k Spurs at Charlton. when in fact they got battered and it was mainly Charlton trying to take their end back who were fighting us and throwing concrete at us.

Had that fence came down at CBL it would have been a warzone. There was a few big rows after the game and I d say we took it to them and gave them as good as we got. The OB split us up into 2 groups after to try to manage us, had we all been together we would have had them on their toes at the OKR though we did alright certainly let them know we were up for it we fought like fuck steaming into them.

OB took the other Spurs mob a different way to New Cross where they ran a Wall mob to Peckham where they finally stood and a massive missile fight took place, bricks concrete etc. We also ran Wall through the flats. Never saw them before and we was on their manor en masse at London bridge with leaflets telling them it weren't like they didn't know ?

Return game at WHL was a non event they didn't even try, we ran their F Troop lot before the game on the High Rd, then they ran us back, then another mob of Spurs came up behind them, we surrounded them and then OB showed up and put them in the ground. Few little offs by the WHL station and at the British Queen and Corner Pin but fuck all really thought they were very disappointing. Bit like Chelsea in 78 did fuck all. Birmingham brought a much better mob than both FA Cup around the same time and more up for it.

Saw Forest away 78 was mentioned, what a mob that was, untouchable that day. But anyone go a few years later when we got in their Trent end and it went tits up and we literally got over ran and CS gassed? Think they got their revenge that day.

Went to Forest away in 1970 where we won 1-0 with a late goal from Chivers
Bedlam by the Trent and the bridge afterwards
Before the game we arrived and noticed that one of the gates to the Trent End was unlocked so we all piled in before the ground had officially opened

Took OB nearly an hour to clear us out

Back
Top Bottom