Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bayern are a very strong team but still not an excuse for collapsing and conceding 7 goals. I think we will go through but Red Star will be no pushover.
I have seen the RedStar game and they made a very weak impression on me. I am convinced Spurs will at least have a draw in Belgrade. Then two home wins against Red Star and Olympiakos and you are already there..

Spot the difference?

No? The first one isn't open to the public, the second one is. Why is that?

Even better, dock their wages. If we have to pay a good chunk of our weekly wages to sit and watch that, then make them watch it back and dock a large chunk of their wages for the privilege too so they can see how that performance made us feel.

If they had anything about them, they should be volunteering to sacrifice their entirety of this week's wage, either to refund supporters or to donate to a charity. They damn sure don't deserve the money that's for sure

Pretty sad that you actually just sat there with a calculator.

But as you always do, your trademark move is to not discuss Spurs.

Why? Because you were wrong again. You have accused people of enjoying last night. Then surely that makes them happy clappers like you Mick.

Follow Poch over land and sea, and let the Spurs fans follow spurs.
I'll discuss spurs with anyone with the rationale and Intellect to do so.
You dont qualify.
Your stupid thoughtless answer to the clock reference shows how shallow your thought processes are.

Isn’t it mad how much can happen in 90 mins? At 1-1 we had a couple of good chances, Kane taking it round neuer, the Ndombele hit that was saved? We were playing well.

All of a sudden everything changes! We gave up at the end! Bayern took their chances well and all their goals were good! They walked through us!!

Winks really let us down last night, gave the ball away 3/4 times - one of those led to one of Gnabry’s goals but there were others too that put us in real danger and got bailed out by Sissoko etc.

Isn’t it mad how much can happen in 90 mins? At 1-1 we had a couple of good chances, Kane taking it round neuer, the Ndombele hit that was saved? We were playing well.
That's what makes football so exciting, on another day it easily could've been 3-2 (or 4-3) at half time. It's all about taking your chances and Munich did a brilliant job in that regard.

What a shower, and I'm not just referring to the weather.
You know that things are terribly wrong, when even I can see that tactically, we were on a hiding to nothing in the second half.
I would make the whole team - players and coaching staff - sit down and watch that game at least three times, they then might not put us through any thing like that again!
Shameful display, and if that doesn't give them a kick up the backside, bin the lot of them and play the youth team!
Strong words. From a proper fan who loves the club. The players and staff should read this.

That's what makes football so exciting, on another day it easily could've been 3-2 at half time.

With the spaces we were allowing them we were always going to lose. Poch made the excuse that Bayern were clinical, but if you let world class fowards have the ball with nobody between them and the goal, they are going to score. We never got close to stopping a single one of the seven goals.

We don't have the defensive approach needed to keep opponents at arms length and we don't have the legs to play more than 45 minutes of high energy football to begin with. We are playing the type of football that Mourinho once described as "basketball". Letting opponents run straight from their box to ours and vice versa. No top team plays this way.

With the spaces we were allowing them we were always going to lose.
Impossible to tell, they scored the 1-2 at a perfect moment. Also could've ended in a 4-4 if we somehow would've been 2-1 up at half time.

You simply don't know how Munich would've started the second half if they were 2-1 down and how vulnerable they would've been to counter attacks, their defence isn't that great and gave 4/5 good chances away in the first 35 mins of the game alone.

Last edited:
At 1-1, they WERE good players... even at 1-2 at HT out wasn't the end of the world...
Amazing what 45mins of switching off can do! Which is what GREAT players DON'T do... (at least not collectively!)

We STILL have a GOOD team, with one or two GREAT players... but we don't have a great TEAM.

still, the one positive, at least last night has taken the fear of ever getting tonked at home ever again...
It's done now, it's in the history books for all the wrong reasons. But it's happened, and the plaster is off.

Time to move on, and take out ALL our frustrations on the next poor fucker we come across...

Sorry Brighton.

THIS COCK HAS BEEN SPANKED... YOU'RE GONNA GET IT ALL IN YOUR FACE ON SATURDAY....

Sorry, that last bit was a text meant for someone else!! :pochfacepalm::pochbye:

....aaaaaand SEND!

The fella that has the ST next to me said 'was that your mate in your seat for Southampton' i replied in the affirmative to which he said 'he's a bit lively isn't he' again, i replied in the affirmative.

I should have said.....you haven't seen him at an 1882 game....

I'll discuss spurs with anyone with the rationale and Intellect to do so.
You dont qualify.
Your stupid thoughtless answer to the clock reference shows how shallow your thought processes are.

Then don’t quote me, or ever mention my name. Simple as that.

Don’t mention me third hand either like a snide little pussy. You never.....ever discuss the team.

The fella that has the ST next to me said 'was that your mate in your seat for Southampton' i replied in the affirmative to which he said 'he's a bit lively isn't he' again, i replied in the affirmative.

I should have said.....you haven't seen him at an 1882 game....
Ahhh..... I may have some explaining/apologising to do!!

Back
Top Bottom