Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
jjFjaWQ.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Wanayama, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

Not confident at all, however, it's the match I'm looking most forward to of this half of the season. No matter what the result ends with, we should still manage to go through to the knockout phase.

So do we think based on today and all the rotation -

Lamela, Dele and Lucas behind Kane?

Foyth at RB? Sanchez starts?

Good news is we have a reasonably large number of players fit so we can put out a side where a few players didn't play today.

A few players like Winks looked pretty knackered by the end and Ndombele seems to be finding 90 minute PL matches a problem.

Big issue for Poch is does he decide Aurier will have a ban next PL match so he starts v Bayern - that's my nightmare that Poch thinks that way !

Tbh I'm much more concerned about the league this season and want us to qualify for next season's CL.

That is crucial.

Then we properly sort out our FB situation next summer and fill the remaining gaps in the squad and get rid of playerswho don't want to be here.

This game is huge. Must not lose, a draw isn’t ideal in the big picture, but a point in this game and win over Red Star would be good.
Obviously a win would be a fantastic result.

Freshen up a little, go for solidity and play on the counter as they'll leave loads of space in behind if we let them....

Cruyff
KWP / Toby / Jan / Davies
Winks / Dier / Ndombele
Lucas / Kane / Son

Likely subs on: Lamela, Sissoko & ???

Dier has to start this one IMO.

Lloris
Sissoko Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier Ndombele
Eriksen Kane Son

Lloris
KWP Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies
Winks. Dier Ndombele
Eriksen Kane Son

Subs :. Gazzaniga Sissoko, Rose, Sanchez, Dele, Lamela, Moura

Others not included in squad - Foyth Aurier Wanyama Skipp ( plus Whiteman, Tanganga. Parrott)

Think the RB position will be the most different between various posters with KWP, Sissoko Aurier and even Foyth ( first game of the season) all having their supporters.

Dier looks in a couple of appearances to be coming back to his best - thought him coming on v Southampton was very positive with him using his experience to move forward when appropriate and providing some leadership in the middle. Think we actually need a DM against Bayern. If Dier is not considered fit enough I'd start Skipp

Plenty of options on the bench to change things during the game

Not sure how this lot play defensively but after today I noticed one thing, we actually looked more dangerous going forward when we went down to 10 men.....

Why, we had to defend like fuck but once we won it back we released it quickly into the channels, we let the ball do the work....

When we had 11 one the field it was slow and meticulous, far to many times the guy receiving the ball had to take 3 touches to turn around to face the Saints goal, nice neat possession but way way way too slow.....

We have some pace in this team if only we could unleash it properly!!

:levylol:

Drops Kane (despite insisting "I don't mean drop him" in another thread").
Ndombele @ 10.
Foyth debut at DM.

"Think" he says....

Munchen fan, blatantly.
Harry has to be managed properly and not carelessly flogged.

The game is in just 3 days time.

He also got clattered at the end of the game today iirc.

He's had numerous long-term injuries and now ambles around the front line like an old man.

Start son to drive the team's press and get them going and then have Harry in the wings.

It's vital we make CL again this season and build momentum in the prem.

Managing Harry - which includes not having him hinder us engaging full pressing mode - is key.

Anyone who thinks this is the same Harry is kidding themselves.

He's lost much of his intensity and cutting-edge.

Just too many injuries to that ankle imo.

Luckily his raw talent and instinct is still bringing him valuable goals for us.

I love the guy, but that doesn't prevent me being objective about his game.

Harry has to be managed properly and not carelessly flogged.

The game is in just 3 days time.

He also got clattered at the end of the game today iirc.

He's had numerous long-term injuries and now ambles around the front line like an old man.

Start son to drive the team's press and get them going and then have Harry in the wings.

It's vital we make CL again this season and build momentum in the prem.

Managing Harry - which includes not having him hinder us engaging full pressing mode - is key.

Anyone who thinks this is the same Harry is kidding themselves.

He's lost much of his intensity and cutting-edge.

Just too many injuries to that ankle imo.

Luckily his raw talent and instinct is still bringing him valuable goals for us.

I love the guy, but that doesn't prevent me being objective about his game.

In case you missed it he was rested last Tuesday.

I

Will

Bet

£20

To

The

Charity

Of

Your

Choice

That

He

Starts

As

A

Center-Forward

On

Tuesday.

P.s. You HONESTLY think he was "ambling around like an old man" today?

Dier has to start this one IMO.

Lloris
Sissoko Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Winks Dier Ndombele
Eriksen Kane Son

Sissoko at RB is a good call. He was good in that position today and he can't do any worse than the donkeys we normally play there. He could also switch position with Dier during the game if we need him to spice the midfield up.

I'm pleased with the resilience we showed against the Saints today. I think we can build on it and get the win against Bayern.

Back
Top Bottom