Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having had time to reflect I feel the ridiculous result is partly due to Poch’s inability to respond to tactical changes and I haven’t seen this being discussed.

Thiago Alcantara was out on the pitch 10 mins before the 2nd half so it is was clear he was gonna come on at HT. Second half they subsequently replaced Alaba with Thiago and absolutely packed the midfield and we didn’t respond until much later after the damage was done. All of Gnabrys goals were right in front of us as we were in row 2 - he had Aurier on toast the whole game & I really can’t understand what Aurier brings to the squad tbh.
What do you mean he didn’t respond to the change? He subbed Erisken on for Ndombele , What was you expecting? :troll:

Out of the league cup already , looked shit in both champions league games and already 11 points behind Liverpool after 7 games were not winning shit this season again . It’s not good enough any other manager would be under huge pressure i don’t think that poch is and that’s the problem if the club is just worried about making money then the performances on the pitch we might as well sell Kane and look forward to the Europe league because we ain’t winning shit with this team and it’s weak mentality .

Sorry - we scored 2 against Bayern Munich, BAYERN MUNICH.

In the 90s we could only dream about playing such sides the CL and now the supporters are moaning about us conceding 7 goals. UNBELIEVABLE.

I REMEMBER us conceding 7 against Newcastle and 6 against Bolton so this represents progress. I could only dream of shipping 7 against Bayern in the 90s.

Poch saved this club - we have had 4 years of CL football , not even Bill Nic reached those heights. We don’t deserve such a manager and I’m sick of supporters being so entitled - if we had better supporters we might have won tonight. GOONERS the lot of you.
Didn't answer the question did you
Sarcasm really helps - why dont you do one. No one wants to read your shit

So it’s ok for you criticise him now but when others saw this much earlier they are shit supporters who clearly just want to gloat. Got it.
The difference between my criticism and yours is that you put 100% of the blame on Poch, while I don't. Have you ever thought that if we sack Poch, we might end up worse than before? Maybe it's the rotten group of players that are the majority of the problem. It's been a very long time since you've been so sure that Poch is just a fraud. I asked a question a week ago, and I got a unanimous "no". So, I'll ask you the same. Pretend that you're Levy, and United come to your door and say "Here's £10M so we can get Poch." Would say yes or no to that offer?

I don’t see any leadership on the pitch, a neutral wouldn’t even know who the captain is. A John Terry type would help provide more of a sense of team than a collection of individuals.

It’s a complete no show from some - the likes of Airfixx, Guido and Mick Cooper have been the worst culprits for their unwavering support but the moment we have a moment like this they are no where to be seen.
I bet your really happy
You love it when spurs lose
But 90% on here think your an arsehole
So fuck off again fuck off

The difference between my criticism and yours is that you put 100% of the blame on Poch, while I don't. Have you ever thought that if we sack Poch, we might end up worse than before? Maybe it's the rotten group of players that are the majority of the problem. It's been a very long time since you've been so sure that Poch is just a fraud. I asked a question a week ago, and I got a unanimous "no". So, I'll ask you the same. Pretend that you're Levy, and United come to your door and say "Here's £10M so we can get Poch." Would say yes or no to that offer?

Question not aimed at me, but I also want to answer.

Yes. There is always possiblity that things get worse with a change.
And it might be the case that issue is rotten group of players - yet I believe that new authority could get the situation under control better then the guy who has been working for most of the players for more than 4 years. Someone who has his favourites.

A new manager could do worse, but I would like to remind that last week we got kicked out of a cup by League Two side and last night we were handed our most humiliating spanking in more than 10 years.
What is worse than that? Getting eliminated by team from Conference? Getting beaten by 10 goals?

Also, I would bite someones hand off if they would offer GIVING us money to get rid of Poch (though in most likely in coming months we have to pay him a significant compensation to get him to leave).

Question not aimed at me, but I also want to answer.

Yes. There is always possiblity that things get worse with a change.
And it might be the case that issue is rotten group of players - yet I believe that new authority could get the situation under control better then the guy who has been working for most of the players for more than 4 years. Someone who has his favourites.

A new manager could do worse, but I would like to remind that last week we got kicked out of a cup by League Two side and last night we were handed our most humiliating spanking in more than 10 years.
What is worse than that? Getting eliminated by team from Conference? Getting beaten by 10 goals?

Also, I would bite someones hand off if they would offer GIVING us money to get rid of Poch (though in most likely in coming months we have to pay him a significant compensation to get him to leave).
That's like saying that you would be happier to ride to work on a donkey because your cars running rough and needs a service.
You'd give away one of the most sought after managers on the planet and take a punt at - go on then, who?
Something big is wrong, and it needs sorting out, but getting rid of the guy who can do it isnt the answer.
Levy needs to show why he gets the big bucks and sort this shit out and he needs to do it quickly.

My guess is that shifting the want away players, getting in a decent central defender that can drive the team and dumping the dross will be better than sacking the one person who has the skillset to fix it.

There are 31.536 million seconds in a year
So by your logic you are right for 730 of them and wrong for 99.998% of the rest of the year

I'm guessing the bit you were right for was when you declared that you were a cunt

Pretty sad that you actually just sat there with a calculator.

But as you always do, your trademark move is to not discuss Spurs.

Why? Because you were wrong again. You have accused people of enjoying last night. Then surely that makes them happy clappers like you Mick.

Follow Poch over land and sea, and let the Spurs fans follow spurs.

Last edited:
Embarrassing, upsetting and insulted.

Make no mistake, this is serious, the club is in crisis, fearing the worse. Strong decisions and actions need to be taken now and not sweep under the carpet.

We didn't suddenly become a bad team a laughing stock, there are reasons and people responsible.

I believe there are disagreements between club hierarchy and team manager. Stories such we went for dinner and we met in Europe don't wash well.

Levy is been operating in the same manner for the last 20 years, is Poch behaving in his normal manner in the last 6 months?!

I feel sorry for Poch. What is he meant to do with a squad like this? Won't be surprised if he walks.

Give KWP, Skipp & Foyth game time, along with the likes of Kane, Winks & Son. At least then we'll have half a team that give 100%. We can't get any worse.

That's a crock of shit. Their 1st 2 goals were incredible and we didn't gift the rest. We were simply utterly incompetent. The 2nd half we looked like a school team. I'll agree we gifted the match but they created and took their chances without our help.

Ndombele with a shite attempt to close down for the first and we gifted them the second by trying to dribble out in our own 18 yard box. And surely us being utterly useless is us gifting them everything. They did nothing special we simply didnt try second half that's why it hurt so much

Dele starting ahead of Lamela.
Eriksen coming on instead of Lamela.

Tonight is the night I lost complete faith in Poch.

I've been against those that say he plays favourites to the detriment of the side...

,..but quite frankly, it's undeniable.
We didn't lose 7-2 because of Dele, Eriksen, Lamela or whoever. We lost because we are a club in crisis. The sooner sorted is the better.
I agree with you, team selection and tactics were way off.

I haven't watched the highlights but I think all 4 goals scored by Gnarby were from right side of our defence. You don't need a brain surgeon to identify short coming of that few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom