Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone at the club needs to have a long hard look at themselves and decide what they want to do.

Levy needs to move players that don't want to be at the club, regardless of profit or loss. Players that want to be there and deserve to be at the club need to be paid in line with what the market rate is.

The players who want to leave just need to step aside and find their new clubs instead of just turning up on game day and giving no effort. I know the manager decides who plays but if a player makes it clear to the club he's going then the won't be played again (or hardly ever). Like Walker.

The manager needs to start getting our boys to press again against the weaker team, just like we did against Palace. That was the first time in over a year I felt we got our Spurs back. Against the better teams we need to sit and counter, we did it against Dortmund, Madrid and Liverpool (4-1 at Wembley) yet we hardly ever do that anymore.

We need to realise winks isn’t the saviour we think he’s the amount of times he turns back towards goal when he’s under pressure and loses it is becoming more frequent every game , his passing isn’t that great either he loses the ball way to much .he can get round the pitch but other then that he’s a pretty standard player nothing special .

Dele starting ahead of Lamela.
Eriksen coming on instead of Lamela.

Tonight is the night I lost complete faith in Poch.

I've been against those that say he plays favourites to the detriment of the side...

,..but quite frankly, it's undeniable.

We could have bought Danielle De Rossi, Claude Makelele and Sergio Busquets and Poch would still not play a DM.

I was trying to work out what the fuck was going on in our midfield tonight. It looked like Winks was tasked with running back and trying to help out as a DM, which is a fucking cracking plan apart from the fact he a) can’t defend and b) they just kept hitting it over our back four.

Honestly, Poch’s second half tactics were just pitiful.

The old Lane is legendary, but they bloody did stop singing mate. Ups and downs. Have you not heard of 1882 movement and why it was founded?
I have, but at least at the Lane we had proper SPURS supporters who came to support TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB, not Son supporters (I bloody love Son, but his fans are not Spurs fans) or architects who come to our stadium to look at the details of how it's built. The Lane was a proper english ground, with its ups and downs, but it had spirit and passion into it. This new shiny toy is beautiful, but it doesn't have the same feeling (or the same fans for that matter) that the old ground had. As I said, I'm drunk/ ill at this point, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow I will still stand by my point.

The post was Poch being let down by the board after he was crying out for help noticing the problem before it started happening. And I don’t think he can be that much of an elevated manager when most of the top clubs in Europe would take him in a heartbeat 🤷🏻‍♂️

Let down by the board - look at the players he has available to him, look at how much he has had to spend on the summer and look at the result. Is the board to blame for his persistence with a diamond formation? Is it to blame for losing to sides like Colchester and Newcastle which are light years behind us? I could go on.

I have been saying this for years - the guy has been carried by this squad and is being found out when it has started to mature. He wouldn’t last five seconds at Madrid or United given their current situation and the pressure that would be on him ( he has had a complete free pass here for 5 seasons).

The guy has won nothing in his career - he is a Brendan Rodgers level manager being presented along side the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Conte and Simeone and reality has caught up with him and our supporterbase.

Let down by the board - look at the players he has available to him, look at how much he has had to spend on the summer and look at the result. Is the board to blame for his persistence with a diamond formation? Is it to blame for losing to sides like Colchester and Newcastle which are light years behind us? I could go on.

I have been saying this for years - the guy has been carried by this squad and is being found out when it has stated to mature. He would last five seconds at Madrid or United given their current situation and the pressure that would be on him ( he has a complete free pass here for 5 seasons).

The guy has won nothing in his career - he is a Brenda Rodgers level manager being presented along side the likes of Klopp, Guardiola, Conte and Simeone and reality has caught up with him and our supporterbase.
Özil, Pogba and Poch... what do they all have in common?

It's never their fecking fault

Back
Top Bottom