Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The courtesy of response is not an indication of giving a shit.

Again, no one cares if you are right or wrong.

We care about Spurs.

Your level of self-obsessed narcissism may equate discussion of Spurs' failings as caring about you, but it doesn't make it true.

It’s a shame you didn’t care about Spurs when this guy was throwing cup game after cup game and letting one of the best Spurs sides be squandered. Where were you when said the winning the FA cup wasn’t a priority and was simply ego? Where were you when time and time again he fell at the last hurdle whilst inferior teams around us were winning trophies?

You ignored every single warning sign and instead choose to live in endless comfort narratives about this magic manager we had and what a glorious future that would happen. So sorry you don’t just get to move on that easily not when you and you gutless sought chose to throw vitriol at those who actually chose to question those in charge - which is what any good supporter should actually do.

When you have 3 starting in the back that have asked for transfers this is what happens. I can’t wait for Sess and GLC to get fit. I hope Poch plays Foyth, Dav, and Sess for the rest of the season I the back.
Funny because Sessegnon isn't even Fulham level as a left back and was bought to play rotational at left wing. It's a fantasy that switching out our best defenders for headless chicken youth players will be some sort of genius move that solidifies us. It will only make us even worse. Foyth? Yeah if we want to give up 19 pens a season....

The lack of drive and passion from almost all players is worst than the manner of the defeat. They don’t give a fuck. Why? Because they don’t play for the manager anymore. Pay check merchants almost all single one of them

Fantastic? Wow that's a low bar.

He's a totally average water carrier and today he was shocking when he played on even terms against far superior players in Kimmich and Tolisso, who are actually fantastic. Not to mention Thiago.

He is serviceable but never in a million years someone who should be the spine of a team. He's a Fletcher, a Mason, a Kuyt at best.
With respect, I'll take the player's I mentioned opinion over yours.

You'll see him thrive when he's not shackled by the system.

That's his first poor game of the season btw.

Our league challenge as you call it is already compromised

Losing at home to relegation fodder Newcastle should tell you all you need to know
The call was see how we are at the Liverpool game after the Toon game ( given that there seemed to be some winnable fixtures). Question is whether this result changes that? It doesn't. But it doesn't bode well, that's for sure. Losing to a ruthless (and slightly fortunate Bayern) is one thing, but losing to Brighton is something else.

On my way back.

Great value for money. £8.44 a goal.

Every cloud and all that.

Well, for once, you were really, really close to your 7-1 prediction.

3MZ2l.gif

It’s a shame you didn’t care about Spurs when this guy was throwing cup game after cup game and letting one of the best Spurs sides be squandered. Where were you when said the winning the FA cup wasn’t a priority and was simply ego? Where were you when time and time again he fell at the last hurdle whilst inferior teams around us were winning trophies?
I was right here you thick bellend.

You were probably in the bin.

On XG there isn't that much between the team's - the difference was partly superb finishing by Bayern plus some of the most inept defending ever seen by Mr Aurier in particular who was responsible for 3 or 4 of those goals.

The first 30 or ,40 minutes was a much more even affair and had Son taken his early chances we could have been a couple of goals up by the end of those 30 or 40 minutes.

With a slightly different starting X1 we would have got a different result.
1. Any body but Aurier at RB - someone with a bit of pride in the club and team mates. Either KWP or Sissoko and the game changes a lot
2. This was a match to play a ,3 man midfield with Dier as zDM alongside Ndombele and Winks, thus protecting our aging CBs and fullbacks. Playing a 2 man CM showed up in first Ndombele and Winks being taken off simply because of tiredness, yet Ndombele was one of our best players in the first half. Taking off Ndombele and Winks opened the final cascade of goals ,- but as I say if Dier had been the 3rd CM to share the work their substitution would not have been needed.

Points can be made individually about many of our players tonight, but a change in the starting X1 and maybe Son scoring from the early chances and it's a different match.

I haven’t been waiting a long time - every season I have been proven right with this guy. It’s you who has taken so long to move beyond the hype and accept the reality of his actually abilities.
I'm not sure I disagree completely, but can you point to an occasion when you were proved wrong?

The team at present lacks balance, very badly lacks balance, and Poch seems oblivious to giving it the balance it needs.

He had a great formation, team tactic etc. 3 years ago. He swapped it out for something that exposed us more and left us nowhere near as dangerous. Why did he do that?

Wow poor Winksy... Shackled by his poor coach and team mates...
As if he's some diamond in the rough, generational talent being smothered and wasted 😂😂😂

The only reason he's even reached the current heights is thanks to his managers blind faith in him and allowing him to play like he is and adjusting the midfield around him.

Laughable

Oh those pundit geniuses are Ole Solskjaers biggest fan club, so I wouldn't take their eye for talent as gospel lmao

You can’t keep making excuses about the system he still looks like an average player when he's on the ball in forward positions he does nothing special he can’t shoot he barely players killer through passes he losses the ball far to much yet it’s the system ? No he’s just not that good .

The call was see how we are at the Liverpool game after the Toon game ( given that there seemed to be some winnable fixtures). Question is whether this result changes that? It doesn't. But it doesn't bode well, that's for sure. Losing to a ruthless (and slightly fortunate Bayern) is one thing, but losing to Brighton is something else.

Normally I’d be quite confident about facing Brighton but not after that shitshow

I think we were so lucky to have a midfield of dembele and wanyama who just sat in front of our defence and seldom gave the ball away. Dembele was a giant for us. Almost impossible to get the ball off him and brilliant at making little fouls to disrupt counter attacks. It left our attackers the freedom to press high and that gave us a lot of space. We have none of that now. Winks is decent, loves the club, but dembele is the moon to him in terms of quality. Before dembele we had modric and Carrick. Both exceptional for us, brilliant on the ball and great passers.

Ndombele looks a class act. Still dont know why he was subbed tonight. Hopefully pochettino ditches this fucking diamond for good now.

You ignored every single warning sign and instead choose to live in endless comfort narratives about this magic manager we had and what a glorious future that would happen. So sorry you don’t just get to move on that easily not when you and you gutless sought chose to throw vitriol at those who actually chose to question those in charge - which is what any good supporter should actually do.
Sorry but you sound like a hindsight historian. D-day would have been so much easier with you on board.

Come on then tell us what you'd do?
Sack poch bring someone else in
The moment they lost a game you'd be on them having a go.. it's what makes you tick

Sorry - we scored 2 against Bayern Munich, BAYERN MUNICH.

In the 90s we could only dream about playing such sides the CL and now the supporters are moaning about us conceding 7 goals. UNBELIEVABLE.

I REMEMBER us conceding 7 against Newcastle and 6 against Bolton so this represents progress. I could only dream of shipping 7 against Bayern in the 90s.

Poch saved this club - we have had 4 years of CL football , not even Bill Nic reached those heights. We don’t deserve such a manager and I’m sick of supporters being so entitled - if we had better supporters we might have won tonight. GOONERS the lot of you.

Funny because Sessegnon isn't even Fulham level as a left back and was bought to play rotational at left wing. It's a fantasy that switching out our best defenders for headless chicken youth players will be some sort of genius move that solidifies us. It will only make us even worse. Foyth? Yeah if we want to give up 19 pens a season....

Fair enough but can it get any worse?

Back
Top Bottom