Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2290934eacee2fd0e0b268933880b73314b9e08855506f22dbc7ac712e90d360.jpg

Just got back from the game, I’ve changed my mind about Poch it’s over for him. His cycle has ended and I don’t see any way he turns this around now, we need to act fast or we risk losing top 4 too.
The Miami Dolphins have a better Defence than us, the Miami bloody Dolphins!

Embarrassing, shocking, naive, disgraceful. All of these and much much more.

FFS.
Who the hell are they?

NDombele looks pretty good, but looks like has is playing with a thin sheet of lead all over his body...

They are all knackered, why else did we fall apart at 30minutes, after Pochs speech wore off IMO.
Do you think he's wondering why he joined?

We’re getting worse and worse every game it’s literally like watching us play under AVB it’s horrible to watch, the football is poor we have no style of play any more it’s fucking shambles .
The call was see how we are at the Liverpool game after the Toon game ( given that there seemed to be some winnable fixtures). Question is whether this result changes that? It doesn't. But it doesn't bode well, that's for sure. Losing to a ruthless (and slightly fortunate Bayern) is one thing, but losing to Brighton is something else.
Our confidence is going to be at an all time low.

That's a crock of shit. Their 1st 2 goals were incredible and we didn't gift the rest. We were simply utterly incompetent. The 2nd half we looked like a school team. I'll agree we gifted the match but they created and took their chances without our help.
First half we looked pretty decent and on another
Day could scored 4 ourselves easy , even at 4-2 I was expecting us to still get a draw, but then it ends up 7-2 , at home! Something ain’t right at the moment, I have been one of poch biggest fans since he arrived here but I’m questioning if he is the right man to take us to the next level? His insistence to always play his favourites over everyone else could be his downfall

I've been saying this for a year. Had my head bitten off numerous times. But all Levy wants is to make money and that's what the stadium is about. Fucking NFL, concerts....what about some real investment in the squad you heap tight fisted bastard. There will be no glory for us while that monstrous bald piece of shit holds the purse strings. The worst thing that could have happened to us. I'd prefer to be owned by Arabs or Chinese.

The old White Hart Lane, regardless of how much we loved it would have damaged us long term as it's a game built on money these days. We've gone from having the 13th biggest club stadium in the country, slightly larger than the likes of Middlesborough, Cardiff and Derby to the 2nd largest behind Man U. That extra profit made makes a massive difference to our muscle in the future when it comes to wages and fees we can pay.

With TV money being pretty evenly distributed across the PL teams recently, the only thing that differentiates us are gate receipts, commercial partnerships and supporter base. All of these can and will grow with a new stadium like the one we've now got. It's a pain but it's the nature of the beast mate.

Last edited:
Having had time to reflect I feel the ridiculous result is partly due to Poch’s inability to respond to tactical changes and I haven’t seen this being discussed.

Thiago Alcantara was out on the pitch 10 mins before the 2nd half so it is was clear he was gonna come on at HT. Second half they subsequently replaced Alaba with Thiago and absolutely packed the midfield and we didn’t respond until much later after the damage was done. All of Gnabrys goals were right in front of us as we were in row 2 - he had Aurier on toast the whole game & I really can’t understand what Aurier brings to the squad tbh.

Haven’t bothered to watch the game back , was bad enough getting back at midnight after shelling out over £100 for the pleasure last night, how come the team didn’t come and clap the home fans off? It’s the least they could do, Anyway looking in the bright side my 180 LP might be enough for an away ticket to Bayern now?:levywhoa:

Back
Top Bottom