Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great first 30 minutes. Embarrassing after.

Goal before HT again, we switch off too often. Aurier should never play for the club again. Winks was dreadful. Alderweireld and Rose poor.

Alli is a shell of himself. Only Son and Kane can’t take credit from that game.

We are stuck in a rut and changes need to happen. The squad needs freshening up big time.

I was shocked to see Serge in the starting XI when Dier, Foyth, KWP and Foyth can defend and do a better job.

It's hilarious from him to try play their player off side in their half. Stup!d
He really doesn’t have a clue what he is doing or how to defend properly , he must be world class in training if poch keeps picking him because he’s fucking useless on the pitch .

This is the end of this current spurs team. Was a good ride but we'll be seeing huge changes over the next few years. New GK, new CBs, new FBs, new DM, new attacking midfielders. Honestly, only see Foyth, Sanchez, Ndombele, lo Celso, Son and Kane being here in two years' time - and who knows how many of those will be starting. No one else is in the right age bracket or performing at the level that we want to be at.
I agree. Be great if it was a great team but just need a new manager. But sadly this team has run it's course. So many positions we can improve on. This will show which way levy & enic want to go. More humiliation in our shiny new stadium. Or good football to match the stadium.

We need an overhaul I agree, but after tonight I don't think Levy will be handing over a wad of cash to Poch in January and saying 'sort it'. The problem needs a fresh pair of eyes, someone with no favourites just a hard,mercenary look at who is shaping up and who isn't.
Poch will be considering his future this evening and I cannot blame him. His dynasty is crumbling before our eyes. Yes Bayern are a cracking side but at home you should never concede 7 goals. Spurs are supposed to be better than that, but they are not.
He doesn't need more time, he doesn't need more money, he needs to say goodbye now before it gets any more embarrassing. Whether he will or not, for the moment, depends on Poch but Levy will eventually tire of excuses just as I now have.

But you repeatedly told me he was magic, one of the best and that you must be a gooner to believe otherwise. I take it you follow Woolwich now then hey?

Mate. You think tonight is appropriate to try and make a point... You're scum, your family is scum, and everyone you love are scum.

You fucking accuse me of being a gooner again and ill fucking end you for good.

Don't ever message me again you disgusting shit cunt.

Wether you want Poch in or out, he clearly noticed the squad needed rebuilding and refreshing a long time ago.
He wanted not only to bring players in but also get rid of players ageing/coming to the end of contracts.
He didn’t get backed in the summer when he really needed it, you can say he did but we signed 2 young midfielders and a prospect of a defender. The whole squad needed refreshing.
Now he is stuck with players who don’t really want to be at the club but doesn’t have much choice but to play them.
Don’t get me wrong, he makes mistakes sometimes with subs or formation but I actually feel sorry for him and what he has done for our club, publicly saying he needs help with the squad a didn’t get it.
Couldn’t agree more Levy never backed him and I would love to see the back of Levy and that crowd he is a puppet for. I’m recovering from a stroke and I nearly had a relapse tonight. And another thing if Levy gets a NFL team going where do you think the money will come from.

That was his opportunity to impress and he blew it :roflmao:
I was talking about subs...you brought him into the conversation not me.
Shit tonight but he's been good mostly in other games. We have just been shit really all game Bayern ain't anything special just have taken the chances our piss take players have given them
No. Bayern are special!! If you won't admit that, you know nothing about the game.

Very poor tactics trying to high press with 4 or 5 players a team that can cut you open with 2 quick passes.
We started well and looked like we could create chances at will but to put the bulk of the offensive pressing their back line was suicidal.
Bayen have a habit of embarassing teams that do not adpot the right tactics. You let Bayen come out to play and hit them on the break , play them at their own game. Compress the space for their offensive.

Back
Top Bottom