Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
That’s why we need to appoint a “big” name. Do you think kane will look at levy signing Howe and think “wow what a manager. Now we will win things”
Call me a bit naive but I figure Kane will be consulted by the board when the day comes. Him and a couple of other senior players. It's not uncommon at all.

That's a team that includes Levy as well.
Who are the championship level teams in the prem? Third division players, prem/champions league finalists big deal, should we get fat sam in? He won the Irish first division with Limerick and the third division with Notts County.
I have no idea what you just said

I hope so! We have to keep our top players
I know that in French football there is usually a "player council" consisting of the captain and a few senior players that are asked to weigh in on manager appointments so that they get a manager that the players thinks will mech with the squad.

Levy and the rest of the board know how much Kane means to the club. No way he won't be given the list of final options and asked to rank them.

Can’t believe some of you are even having this discussion, want to go back to the days when the likes of AVB and Sherwood were managing us?

I wouldn’t let go of Poch until we can’t even reach UL, he might be off form at the mo but an off-form Poch is better than 99% of the managers out there.

almost 24 hours later I fee even more angry at Poch and the coaching staff.

Scrabbling about for positives just flags up we have lost to Burnley, Southampton, Waste Ham, Bournemouth, Newcastle and now Leicester and pretty much repeated the same inept behaviour in each game since February.

There is no way we should lose any of them games in the fashion we did, and could be argued that losing at all to such teams is unprofessional when the objective is so high.

That I am seeing suggestions that Poch deserves to see the season out or that he needs time to rebuild just puzzles me. The rebuild equates to one or two players ( one who is injured ). The current form = a spot somewhere between 17th and 10th.

Something has to change and change much quicker than May, even if it’s simply Levy getting hold of Poch and giving him a fucking good talking to.

Sacking him / him resigning will be a shame, but he’s not earning much of a reprieve for himself this whole year.

To be honest I don't really feel qualified to comment.

I share your long held view, brother, that you've made clear in hundreds of previous posts that Poch is a fantastic manager who's worked tirelessly and miraculously to keep this team punching above its weight.

:dierpochhug:

And I know your'e too bright to fall into the trap of thinking a great manager became a shite manager overnight.

So whatever he chose to do tactically, I'm not gonna even pretend that I know better.

All I know for sure is that the rot started to set in after the summer of discontent.

That's more telling than a substitution here or a tactical switch there
You aren't qualified to talk about the running of a football club either. Yet, you pretend to know better than Daniel Levy.

So considering the above, I ask again...

What is your opinion of Poch's in-game management v. Leicester yesterday?

My post got messed up, basically I was saying that Fat sam won the Irish league and the third division, should we get him here?

No because he didn’t win three promotions and a championship title and turn that team into a stable PL club for four straight seasons against teams with five times his budget.

Howe also plays decent football not hoof ball.

But if you think beating Dortmund twice, City and Ajax once and losing to Liverpool is more of an achievement, then good for you.

You aren't qualified to talk about the running of a football club either. Yet, you pretend to know better than Daniel Levy.

So considering the above, I ask again...

What is your opinion of Poch's in-game management v. Leicester yesterday?
I am of the opinion that Poch is better qualified than me.
We are losing games because his heart is no longer in it after being routinely shafted by his boss, and his in-game management is subjective. What you think was a poor substitution, might be interpretted as a correct one by someone else.

At the risk of repeating myself, I share your widely espoused view that Pocchetino is fantastic manager. And I'm sure your'e not of the opinion he's become shit at his job overnight.

So, are all our current woes down to Pochs in game management, or is there a deeper issue that needs to be discussed.

What do you think. All on Poch then?

From you of all people, I expected much better

No because he didn’t win three promotions and a championship title and turn that team into a stable PL club for four straight seasons against teams with five times his budget.

Howe also plays decent football not hoof ball.

But if you think beating Dortmund twice, City and Ajax once and losing to Liverpool is more of an achievement, then good for you.
Why do you complain about losing the champions league final then? Clearly you don't think much of the competition if getting to the final means nothing to you.

That’s why we need to appoint a “big” name. Do you think kane will look at levy signing Howe and think “wow what a manager. Now we will win things”

Not discrediting your opinion on this, but what over the past five years and two final defeats makes you think that Poch will?

I wouldn't want to see Howe here to be honest, but i think we have taken nineteen points from the last nineteen games?

This isn't simply a run of bad form is it?

That CL final is papering over a lot of issues i think.

Why do you complain about losing the champions league final then? Clearly you don't think much of the competition if getting to the final means nothing to you.

It would have been the biggest game since 1984 when the the UEFA was almost par.
It would have been everything I had ever dreamed of.

But the day before the game our manager started talking about quitting the club, and then proceeded to drop a key player in the semis and bring in an out of form and injured name who hadn’t played for two months.

We wimped out against a team that was reeling from bottling the PL and were barely prepared to cross the halfway line despite a 30 second head start.

Our first shot on target was in the 86th minute.

It was a cluster fuck on the biggest of stages.
Losing wasn’t the problem. Not giving ourselves the best shot at it was unacceptable and it cuts deep.
That’s why I’m so bothered about it.

Some of us remember taking part and celebrate being there. But some of us still want to cry thinking about it though, and if you feel like we do, that pedestal we put Poch on looks pretty fucking shaky right now.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that Poch is better qualified than me.
We are losing games because his heart is no longer in it after being routinely shafted by his boss, and his in-game management is subjective. What you think was a poor substitution, might be interpretted as a correct one by someone else.

At the risk of repeating myself, I share your widely espoused view that Pocchetino is fantastic manager. And I'm sure your'e not of the opinion he's become shit at his job overnight.

So, are all our current woes down to Pochs in game management, or is there a deeper issue that needs to be discussed.

What do you think. All on Poch then?

From you of all people, I expected much better
You are also of the opinion Levy is better qualified than you on how to run a football club. Yet, you speak on that all the time.

Anyone can answer a question that they weren't asked.

I didn't ask if you think Poch is a fantastic manager. I didn't ask why you think we are losing games. I didn't ask about deeper issues that need to be discussed. Because you have spent the last 5 years discussing them

I ask again, and pay attention...

What do you think of Poch's in-game management v. Leicester yesterday? Let me caveat it with something YOU have brought up. ''what you think is a poor substitution, might be interpreted as a correct one by some one else.'' Do you think it was a correct substitution?

If you keep avoiding the question, one can assume you are afraid to be honest.

Once you answer what I have asked in the first instance, I'm more than happy to move the debate forward to what you have asked as a counter-point.

Last edited:
You are also of the opinion Levy is better qualified than you on how to run a football club. Yet, you speak on that all the time.

Anyone can answer a question that they weren't asked.

I didn't ask if you think Poch is a fantastic manager. I didn't ask why you think we are losing games. I didn't about deeper issues that need to be discussed. Because you have spent the last 5 years discussing them

I ask again, and pay attention...

What do you think of Poch's in-game management v. Leicester yesterday? Let me caveat it with something YOU have brought up. ''what you think is a poor substitution, might be interpreted as a correct one by some one else.'' Do you think it was a correct substitution?

If you keep avoiding the question, one can assume you are afraid to be honest.

Once you answer what I have asked in the first instance, I'm more than happy to move the debate forward to what you have asked as a counter-point.

He won’t answer.....he will lie low and say the same thing to you later. And you will ask him again and he will answer you with a question.

John for the first time is admitting that Poch is fucking up.
But what he can’t do is say that it’s Pochs fault.

He thinks Eriksen is the best player at the club and should not be sold at any price. He was not sold.

But it’s Levys fault that Poch has benched this player 4 times in six games?
You ask him what he thinks of Poch doing that and apparently he had to bench Eriksen THIS season because we didn’t sign anyone LAST season. Even though Eriksen played every game he was fit last season.

Then has the nerve to talk of agendas.

It would have been the biggest game since 1984 when the the UEFA was almost par.
It would have been everything I had ever dreamed of.

But the day before the game our manager started talking about quitting the club, and then proceeded to drop a key player in the semis and bring in an out of form and injured name who hadn’t played for two months.

We wimped out against a team that was reeling from bottling the PL and we’re barely prepared to cross the halfway line despite a 30 second head start.

Our first shot on target was in the 86th minute.

It was a cluster fuck on the biggest of stages.
Losing wasn’t the problem. Not giving ourselves the best shot at it was unacceptable and it cuts deep.
That’s why I’m so bothered about it.

Some of us remember taking part and celebrate being there. But some of us still want to cry thinking about it though, and if you feel like we do, that pedestal we put Poch on looks pretty fucking shaky right now.
It can't be, I've said several times that getting to the CL final was an achievement but you've disagreed.

Back
Top Bottom