Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
tenor.gif

Getting there was a plus, but then we shit our pants against a Liverppol that also shit its pants.

The same old problems reared their head. Our game plan is to pander to the oppositions tactics rather than instill ours on whoever we play.
Its not ok to whimper out in a game of that magnitude, and start attacking on 85th minutes, then claim no one can have an opinion on it because of the semi final

Actually, I would argue that Klopp played the perfect game. They lucked out with the early goal and then did what every other team that has not lost to Spurs this year did - they sat back, slowed the game, forced spurs wide and gave us no space in the final 3rd.

It was 34 degrees; humid and the potential for extra time was a real threat. It may have seemed boring; but Klopp knew what he was doing.

Poch on the other hand was happy to retain the ball and wait for the opportunity to come. With VVD; long balls wasn't likely to work and Robertson/AA on the wings ensured we aren't able to deliver crosses. We needed a moment of brilliance from out superstars Son/Alli/Eriksen or Kane and that didn't come.

Should Poch have taken a gamble and packed the box and lumped balls up for the final 20 mins hoping it gets a deflection or a defender makes a mistake? Lose the ball in that situation and Liverpool will kill you on the counter.

I'd say Poch make the right choice; and unfortunately Son/Alli/Eriksen or Kane didn't have that piece of magic on the night.

My, it's gone quiet here. Twenty eight people fast rowing back on their earlier take.

Should have been named and shamed.

They don’t need naming and shaming. They have every right to their take on matters regarding the coach and that means changing their position if he brings about that change.Had we beaten Liverpool in the European champions league final he would have moved on of his own accord having achieved his goal. I seem to remember his obviously deliberate Freudian saying as much.

So if he so easily had intended to leave us pissing in the wind It quite rightly won’t take much for the Poch- out brigade to get vocal again - three or four lame performances with defeats among them will do; and I’ve come round to their way of thinking; he’s no longer a new manager, and another season of underachieving will make him no longer a fresh manager but [next] season a stale manager.

There should always be parameters and goals set:
I want and expect equal to or an improvement on last season and that’s a big ask; but should he allow @rsenal to finish third and above us in a face saving fourth, that’ll be enough for me - a change will be needed.

Last edited:
"Deliberate Freudian" is a contradiction in terms

If it’s made to look and sound like a Freudian it’s a deliberate communication: hence deliberate Freudian. And I responded to your post with a couple of paragraphs; is the best you can really do is attack grammar, syntax,and spelling - I thought that style was for the brain-dead? where as repetitive kisses [x] are the signature of fuck-wit goats

They don’t need naming and shaming. They have every right to their take on matters regarding the coach and that means changing their position if he brings about that change.Had we beaten Liverpool in the European champions league final he would have moved on of his own accord having achieved his goal. I seem to remember his obviously deliberate Freudian saying as much.

So if he so easily had intended to leave us pissing in the wind It quite rightly won’t take much for the Poch- out brigade to get vocal again - three or four lame performances with defeats among them will do; and I’ve come round to their way of thinking; he’s no longer a new manager, and another season of underachieving will make him no longer a fresh manager but [next] season a stale manager.

There should always be parameters and goals set:
I want and expect equal to or an improvement on last season and that’s a big ask; but should he allow @rsenal to finish third and above us in a face saving fourth, that’ll be enough for me - a change will be needed.

Poch underachieved last season? Yet you mention in the same breath that he would have left if we had won the UCL Final?

Back
Top Bottom