Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
There are some parallels with redknapp - the complete fall off from a potential title challenge to scrape 4th in the league. The media rants. The uncertainty over star players. Collapsing against the top teams and in semi finals.

I'm mostly worried about the football he plays. No pressure. No fast transitions unless parking the bus (Woolwich and city this year), lousy defense, how is he coaching Kane?, The strange setup of the team, the slow temp and sideways passining, players without the ball standing still instead of taking runs even if they don't get a pass. 3 years ago we played a different football, better in defence and better in offence. I don't see were he's going.

You originally posted
All the fans who want Poch out where ever not born or didn’t support Spurs in the 90’s
What an utterly ridiculous and unfounded statement to make but I never tried to argue with such an insane suggestion..(why would any logically minded person even attempt to do that :thumbdown: ). Then you added
3 games in and Poch has become a clueless idiot
To which I pointed out
When are you going to realise that people are not talking of just the games this season but where we have left off from the last campaign. There has been no significant change/improvement in our performances against what should be regarded as inferior opposition and that is worrying.

At no point in our discussions have I said Poch must not stay. I stated
The period between now and the Liverpool game Oct 27th should clearly indicate if that is a definite pattern or something we have overcome. When Spurs walk off the pitch at Anfield if they do not have a top four place then alarm bells should be ringing.

Your ability to manipulate and reformulate the truth literally holds no bounds but anyone who looks back on our posts will realise that I stated my personal assessment of the situation and you then translated it into an entirely different scenario just to try and be confrontational.....You failed, miserably.
Now unless you can have a serious and coherent debate with someone without turning their words into whatever dialogue suits you best I strongly recommend you find someone else to try and embarrass, because I can assure you that with me you will fail miserably.
And yet you have no idea whether you want him in or out. Oh sorry forgot we have to wait for the decider Liverpool game to see where his fate will lie. Give me a break.

You originally posted
All the fans who want Poch out where ever not born or didn’t support Spurs in the 90’s
What an utterly ridiculous and unfounded statement to make but I never tried to argue with such an insane suggestion..(why would any logically minded person even attempt to do that :thumbdown: ). Then you added
3 games in and Poch has become a clueless idiot
To which I pointed out
When are you going to realise that people are not talking of just the games this season but where we have left off from the last campaign. There has been no significant change/improvement in our performances against what should be regarded as inferior opposition and that is worrying.

At no point in our discussions have I said Poch must not stay. I stated
The period between now and the Liverpool game Oct 27th should clearly indicate if that is a definite pattern or something we have overcome. When Spurs walk off the pitch at Anfield if they do not have a top four place then alarm bells should be ringing.

Your ability to manipulate and reformulate the truth literally holds no bounds but anyone who looks back on our posts will realise that I stated my personal assessment of the situation and you then translated it into an entirely different scenario just to try and be confrontational.....You failed, miserably.
Now unless you can have a serious and coherent debate with someone without turning their words into whatever dialogue suits you best I strongly recommend you find someone else to try and embarrass, because I can assure you that with me you will fail miserably.

And yet you have no idea whether you want him in or out. Oh sorry forgot we have to wait for the decider Liverpool game to see where his fate will lie. Give me a break.

Once again I did not say that would determine Poch's fate (Can you not fucking read ????) I said it may start alarm bells ringing . Our next matches are against relatively beatable opposition (apart from Liverpool), should we not find ourselves in a top four spot on the evening of October 27th I said it would be of concern and I stand by that statement. Once again at no point have I said if that is the situation we find ourselves in then Poch should leave.
Wind your fucking neck in and go and find an argument elsewhere.... I look for intellectual debate and in that department you are visibly lacking.
39lu7h.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't going to reply to this, or even read through, as I love Poch and still think he's the best man for the job. But I don't like some of the comments he has made in his press conferences and I don't think he can use the excuse of maybe getting it mixed up in translation.
Indeed. He really needs to keep quiet and stop voluntarily feeding the media unnecessary ammunition. No more excuses now Poch, time to deliver. I don't want him to go, but unless we put a good run of form together and start playing a better brand of football then I'm going to start seriously questioning him...Starting with his approach to the parked bus of Palace next weekend.

Once again I did not say that would determine Poch's fate (Can you not fucking read ????) I said it may start alarm bells ringing . Our next matches are against relatively beatable opposition (apart from Liverpool), should we not find ourselves in a top four spot on the evening of October 27th I said it would be of concern and I stand by that statement. Once again at no point have I said if that is the situation we find ourselves in then Poch should leave.
Wind your fucking neck in and go and find an argument elsewhere.... I look for intellectual debate and in that department you are visibly lacking.
39lvtc.jpg
Calm down kid before you pull a muscle

There's always the chance that the tempo reflects the mood in the camp. "Most unsettled squad"..."Change my job title"..."I could've left" etc. etc.

The season started today and for our manager who wears his heart on his sleeve this is a good thing. I don't doubt for a minute that the Levy and the Director of Communications who took him out to dinner last week reminded him of the ripple effect when he doesn't think about what he is saying. Most likely they came up with a plan to help bat away those questions that seem to irk him the most.

Annoy the journo's and small things will get escalated.
With a happier Poch who has a squad that isn't going to change, at least until Dybala comes in :tobyarm:
I can see mojo returning.

I'm mostly worried about the football he plays. No pressure. No fast transitions unless parking the bus (Woolwich and city this year), lousy defense, how is he coaching Kane?, The strange setup of the team, the slow temp and sideways passining, players without the ball standing still instead of taking runs even if they don't get a pass. 3 years ago we played a different football, better in defence and better in offence. I don't see were he's going.

He's totally lost his way. He used to be a Bielsa disciple but lost out on the league two years in a row to counter attacking teams, so moved over to a more counter attacking team and the last two years it's been Bielsa disciples that have created the best teams.

Should have stuck to his principles. He's all over the place and we're all over the place. It's guess the formation every week. He's become a poor man's Mourinho and his teams resemble Mourinho teams more and more, the United ones unfortunately.

Here all of them ready to sack the manager, how many managers did we go through before poch, short memories we have, then the entitled lot saying it's time to deliver if it wasn't for poch there wouldn't be anything to deliver we would be a 6 to 7th place team.

There are some parallels with redknapp - the complete fall off from a potential title challenge to scrape 4th in the league. The media rants. The uncertainty over star players. Collapsing against the top teams and in semi finals.
Dude when on earth did we ever get close to a title challenge with redknapp. At best, we scraped 4th and that was only every other year.

AVB took us back half a decade, and most of the people crying about the criticism of Poch, wanted AVB and celebrated Redknapps sacking

He did???

- Had VDV and Modic taken in his first season; yet still managed to get record points
- Lost Bale in the 2nd season - and was given a bunch of duds picked by Baldini (i.e. not the players he wanted) Paulinho, Chadli, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado, Lamela

I'd actually say AVB did well given the circumstances of managing a team in transition and being handed a bunch of new players that clearly weren't ready.

Poch of course did a fantastic job of rebuilding the squad - and the rise of Harry Kane (thanks to Sherwood) was a key contributor.

Here all of them ready to sack the manager, how many managers did we go through before poch, short memories we have, then the entitled lot saying it's time to deliver if it wasn't for poch there wouldn't be anything to deliver we would be a 6 to 7th place team.
One person has said definitively he wants him out now

Dude when on earth did we ever get close to a title challenge with redknapp. At best, we scraped 4th and that was only every other year.
I said potential title challenge - we were up with utd and city until we lost 3-2 at Etihad and then we went to shit. Some say if we'd bought better than Saha and Nelson that Xmas we'd have gone places.

Back
Top Bottom