Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
There are some parallels with redknapp - the complete fall off from a potential title challenge to scrape 4th in the league. The media rants. The uncertainty over star players. Collapsing against the top teams and in semi finals.
Maybe he thought he would have been offered the England job by now ? :pochwtf:

He's totally lost his way. He used to be a Bielsa disciple but lost out on the league two years in a row to counter attacking teams, so moved over to a more counter attacking team and the last two years it's been Bielsa disciples that have created the best teams.

Should have stuck to his principles. He's all over the place and we're all over the place. It's guess the formation every week. He's become a poor man's Mourinho and his teams resemble Mourinho teams more and more, the United ones unfortunately.
Looking at the United team I think it’s true what Mourhino said in that getting 2nd place with that squad is one of his best achievements! I’m not in the Poch out camp, but as a ST holder I rarely enjoy the football we play any more , but we always start slow, as others have said I think after the Liverpool game will give us a good indication of where our season is headed.

I said potential title challenge - we were up with utd and city until we lost 3-2 at Etihad and then we went to shit. Some say if we'd bought better than Saha and Nelson that Xmas we'd have gone places.

Yeah Balotelli dancing on Scott Parker......... memories of that game.

Something thrown around this thread a lot seems to be a “do you know your history” type “were you there in the 90s?”

Well 2012 after 20 games we had 45 points and were 3 points off top spot in joint second.

At no other time since then have we been so close to the top after 20 games.

The one time we had 45 points Liverpool had 54!

So yeah. We could and should have competed for the league that year. A better transfer window than Nelsen and Saha would have helped a bit.

We were really flying that year - then England job and the court case came into view. The rest is history.

One thing for sure there's no way in million years Levy will sack Poch, that'll be something akin to finding a Rolex watch in a pound shop and giving it to your best mate.

Looking at the United team I think it’s true what Mourhino said in that getting 2nd place with that squad is one of his best achievements! I’m not in the Poch out camp, but as a ST holder I rarely enjoy the football we play any more , but we always start slow, as others have said I think after the Liverpool game will give us a good indication of where our season is headed.

Speaking to other ST holders near me we have all said the football is awful now compared to what we had before. The worst we have looked under Poch.

But the players have learnt how to win - and that has come with age and individual experience.

So I’m interested to see what adding some younger fresher players into the mix will do.
They will have a squad around them that’s been places and won games the hard way.

So let’s hope this next evolution of the team keeps that winning / battle hardened mentality.

Hassenhuttl looks an interesting option. Has a bunch of ordinary players working like dogs, and trying to move the ball quickly when they win it back.
Call me crazy but I think Rafa would get a good tune out of this squad. He did very well at Newcastle considering his budget and he's more tactically savvy than he gets credit for and seems to get his players thinking like him well enough.

Ralph is also a very interesting name.

One thing for sure there's no way in million years Levy will sack Poch, that'll be something akin to finding a Rolex watch in a pound shop and giving it to your best mate.

I don't want him to sack Poch for football reasons, I want Poch to genuinely want to sort our football out. But I also want Levy to tell Poch to stop boasting and whoring himself to the press and making this club look bad. If he keeps doing it, he becomes very hard to like.

If your Rolex kept staring at other people's wrists and telling them your wrist was shit, you might get fed up with it, Rolex or not.

Call me crazy but I think Rafa would get a good tune out of this squad. He did very well at Newcastle considering his budget and he's more tactically savvy than he gets credit for and seems to get his players thinking like him well enough.

You're probably only defending your comment with "call me crazy" because Benitez isn't fashionable and you think you might get criticized. But Benitez would do very well with this squad, I totally agree - you'd back him to win something. He might also not belittle the club too much and look for other bigger jobs as he's been there done that to an extent.

You're probably only defending your comment with "call me crazy" because Benitez isn't fashionable and you think you might get criticized. But Benitez would do very well with this squad, I totally agree - you'd back him to win something. He might also not belittle the club too much and look for other bigger jobs as he's been there done that to an extent.
And compared to working under Ashley working under Levy would be like having untold riches available I'd imagine.

Rafa is definitely going to be back in England in the not too distant future. His wife and kid still live in Liverpool I think. Rafa is also a "long term" manager, he wants a project which was what made him go to Newcastle in the first place.

Yeah Balotelli dancing on Scott Parker......... memories of that game.

Something thrown around this thread a lot seems to be a “do you know your history” type “were you there in the 90s?”

Well 2012 after 20 games we had 45 points and were 3 points off top spot in joint second.

At no other time since then have we been so close to the top after 20 games.

The one time we had 45 points Liverpool had 54!

So yeah. We could and should have competed for the league that year. A better transfer window than Nelsen and Saha would have helped a bit.

We were really flying that year - then England job and the court case came into view. The rest is history.

Facts that will get swept under the table.....but Arry was right, we´d never had it so good (or at least not since 86 in the league)
The clamouring for his head from people who are now losing their shit over critique of Poch is astounding.

Benitez would get us organised and motivated, I am sure, but maybe the football would be a bit too dull for my liking-I am not sure. Entertainment is important to me. I have not lost my patience with Poch because we have not won anything. I have lost it in large part due to the fact that I am bored rigid by his football.

Benitez would get us organised and motivated, I am sure, but maybe the football would be a bit too dull for my liking-I am not sure. Entertainment is important to me. I have not lost my patience with Poch because we have not won anything. I have lost it in large part due to the fact that I am bored rigid by his football.
Correct me if I am wrong but outside of Klopp and Pepe the most successful managers are usually very pragmatic and defensive, which is why they win so many titles.

Also with our attacking line I am certain that Rafa would allow for a more attacking football, but probably a more organized one than the one Poch has presented.

I won't say you are wrong. I am not sure.
There definitely seems to be a bit of a trade off when it comes to entertaining football vs trophies. Either you have the endless amount of money to build a team that can play entertaining football against any opponent (Pep) or you catch lightning in a bottle to build your near perfect team (Klopp). Most of the other really top managers build from the back from what I can tell (Angelotti, Conté, Allegri, Simeone, Valverde etc).

Less free flowing football and more making the shots you get count.

Facts that will get swept under the table.....but Arry was right, we´d never had it so good (or at least not since 86 in the league)
The clamouring for his head from people who are now losing their shit over critique of Poch is astounding.
Yep, and the give the manager time theory went out the window when Tim took over.

Yep, and the give the manager time theory went out the window when Tim took over.

We really getting to levels of delusion.....imagine a situation where we won the CL, and Scousers were saying that they had practically achieved as much because they got to the final and Poch couldnt do it at Portsmouth

Hassenhuttl looks an interesting option. Has a bunch of ordinary players working like dogs, and trying to move the ball quickly when they win it back.
I like him too, he also has some presence and seems to have a good mix of intelligence, emotional intelligence and tactical nous...wonder what the saints fans think of him?

I like him too, he also has some presence and seems to have a good mix of intelligence, emotional intelligence and tactical nous...wonder what the saints fans think of him?
They have improved immensely since he took over from Hughes and it's quite entertaining to watch so they must love him. They deserved at least a draw v Liverpool (lost 1-2) a few weeks ago and last weekend v United they got a decent result.

I don't think he'd belittle the club in the press and I think he'd win something.

Back
Top Bottom